Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO PU

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned to TJ

Username: SnowfallInbound
PO/PS! Username: StgAkaThatGuyy
Your timezone: EST -5
Usual Hours of Availability: on weekdays 4:00 - 8:00 PM weekends 3:00 - 9:00 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): im a very skilled ou and uu player, I've played a lot of Sm ou and uu as well as XY ou and uu and, now i wanna learn how to play pu because, i've always been interested in learning the tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Twix

Username: Rockfistmole
PO/PS! Username: Rockfistmole
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: Monday, Wednesday - 7 P.M. to 9 P.M. Weekends: Friday - 7 P.M. to 11 P.M. Saturday, Sunday - 6 A.M to 9 P.M and 3 P.M. to 5 P.M.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have mostly played RU and some UU. However, my team-building skills aren't great but I understand the basic concepts. I want to learn it from someone because that's the best way I learn how to do anything.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord preferably, but yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to gz

Username: Chara Undernet
PO/PS! Username: Chara Undernet
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: usually 6pm to 10pm weekdays, anytime after 12am weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm playing since ORAS got released, mainly in the OU and Ubers tiers. I want to be tutored because I would like to learn low tiers too (i'm feeling that i miss a whole part of the competitive aspect of the game by not learning these) , and also to get things i'm currently missing about how to play a game
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, pref discord tho
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to TJ

Username: Opowred
PO/PS! Username: Opowredbird
Your timezone: Central time
Usual Hours of Availability: any time after 6:30
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have participated in mostly singles for the past 3 years, and have most experiance in the ou and uu tiers.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Preferably discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

assigned to TJ

Username: Fantastic_fuego
PS! Username: Fuego hours
Your timezone: UTC (-5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Daily: 6-9pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive Pokemon since 2015. Mostly played ou and dabbled in some other tiers. My hopes is to learn other tiers to incorporate Pokemon that aren't usually used in the competitive scene.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Reactions: TJ
assigned to yogibears

Username: Pandapear05
PO/PS! Username: Pandapear05
Your Timezone: UTC+10
Usual hours of availability: Weekends between 8:00am- 5:00pm on Sat and 1:00pm- 5:00pm on Sun
Tell us about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I knew about VGC since 2015 however my brother introduced me to Smogon in 2016. I have bounced between a couple of tiers but have settled with PU because if find it to be the funnest. I mainly have problems with team building and team composition, like I might make a team but none of my Pokémon really work together or assist each other they just kind of do their own thing.
Are you able to use Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to TJ

Username: Turtwig523
PO/PS! Username: ComeGetShumm
Your timezone: EDT (UTC -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 5 pm to 9 pm, Weekends: 12 pm to 9 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing for about a year and have been hopping around tiers for awhile. I don't have any spectacular achievements from playing Competitive Pokemon but I feel like playing PU I will get some. I enjoy this tier the most out of the others and I have a hard time making teams that sync together and predicting switches/moves.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to TJ

Username:Crossface
PO/PS! Username:Crossface
Your timezone:gmt-3
Usual Hours of Availability:
all days from 4 pm to 8 pm,on thursdays im not available
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have experience in ru
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:I cannot use any since i dont have a microphone,but I can chat in discord if necessary
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

assigned to TJ

Username: Reviloja753
PO/PS! Username: Reviloja753
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 4:00-7:00 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

I mostly dabble in CAP, although I have experimented with NU (back when Barbaracle was legal) and Gen 5 OU. I did okay with NU, but lost interest when Barbaracle got banned since it was the reason I wasn’t horrible. With Gen 5 OU, I simply lost interest. I’m looking for the format I’m most comfortable in that has an actual ladder (If you didn’t know CAP has a very dead ladder) so I can start making a difference for Smogon.

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, preferably Discord

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
assigned to TJ

Username: fanyfan
PO/PS! Username: Fanyfan
Your timezone: gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: most days 7 am to 3 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played competitive mons for a few years and I’ve always struggled to be good. I play a lot of tiers and Pu is one of them. I hope by getting tutored I can gain Pokémon knowledge to use in many tiers

assigned to TJ

Username: MysticlaHaze
PO/PS! Username: MysticalHaze
Your timezone: EST to be KST on the 16th
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually during afternoon (est) dont know how my schedule will be on my vacation (its a relaxation vacation) Ill update when I arrive there.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I just recently started playing due to me falling into mons. Play a lot of OU and some UU RU and Ubers here and there and after tier changes everyone is saying PU is gonna be real cool so I decided to start. PU just seems like a cool metagame!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord but no vc unfortunately.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

assigned to yogi

Username: s_aman
PO/PS! Username: s_aman
Your timezone: GMT+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends anytime and weekdays night.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been a member since 2014 and lurker since '14. I was even awarded a ladybug badge in '14 but then I went out of loop due to college. I know the basics but would like the help of a mentor in getting familiar with the metagame as well as battling and teambuilding.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

assigned to allstarapology

Username: Comrade Aidan
PO/PS! Username: Comrade Aidan / Phlebas
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly all day. I'm better bouncing off of other people's schedules rather than my own
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing Showdown in the DPP area, and peaked at 1700 OU running triple sweep (idk how I made it work). From then I played on and off, dabbling in UU (peaked at 1550 recently), LC (peaked just below Top 500), 1v1 (Top 500 in 2 days) and Randoms (1900 peak). Haven't felt confident enough to do tournaments as of late, but I would like to if I can prove myself in a tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
assigned to yogi

Username: Amane Misa
PO/PS! Username: Amane Misa
Your timezone: gmt+3
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually my afternoons and evenings, whenever I'm back from work.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I mostly play UU and I have been playing competitively since ORAS OU's OLT. I got accomplishments such as a top 16 finish in this year's ULT, a top 16 (and ongoing) finish in this year's UU Open, and I participated on this year's UUPL, so I think I'm pretty competent.
you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

assigned to TJ

Username: Lost Soul
PO/PS! Username:Lost_Soul22
Your timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Usual Hours of Availability: Saturday-Monday 2pm-12am, Tuesday/Wednesday 6pm-12am Thursday, unavailable, Friday 4pm-12am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive Pokemon off and on since 2007 or so, I have played both Gen 4 and Gen 5 competitive for lengthy periods of time. I have been a part of many tournaments both on Smogon and elsewhere including Gen 5 stints in the RUPL, OMPL, UPL and the LCPL. Also during one of the World Cups I helped by play testing teams, and battling different members of the team for preparation of future matches. I have a deep background within competitive Pokemon and I wish to get back in to it once again and see whats new and fresh and play something that isn't OU as I got my fill of OU Gen 4/5. The biggest problem I have as a competitive player has always been team building.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Yes, I have both, however discord is preferable if possible.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
assigned to TJ

Username: HydraOfLight1255
PO/PS! Username: Oathkeepre
Your timezone: Central Standard Time
Usual Hours of Availability: Work schedule varies and school starts on 9/5/18 so I will be on but limited
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing comp. mons for a while now. About 3-4 years or so and I've been focused on PU for the past couple of months or so. I hate to toot my own horn but I am good enough as it is but I stink in the teambuilding department and sometimes the actual battling. Sometimes I won't know how to read the other team when at the team preview screen and making the right plays when necessary. I think this may be the final cog I need to be much better.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use both!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
assigned to yogi

Username: Chloe
PO/PS! Username: Chloe
Your timezone: GMT+10
Usual Hours of Availability: 7pm-12pm Mon-Fri
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive Pokemon for a few years but never really got out of OMs and into usage-based tiers. I've been playing PU quite a bit recently, and managed to qualify for the last two suspects without much hassle. I think I could definitely improve a lot though. I'd like to work on teambuilding primarily, because I often find it hard to break out of using Gurdurr, Scarf Mesprit & Skuntank on every team.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, preferably Discord

assigned to yogi

Username: Vaiser
PO/PS! Username: Vaiser
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: during the week in the afternoon, and on the weekend all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing competitive at the gen 6 and having with my mainly UU and started em PU at the beginning of gen 7, and already arriving relatively high in the ladder.
a relative experience in not-so-large Brazilian tournaments. and always training a lot to raise my level of knowledge around competitive Pokémon

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
assigned to TJ

Username: Maroon
PO/PS! Username: iExca
Your timezone: GMT-7 (PDT)
Usual Hours of Availability: varies from week to week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing Monotype competitively for a while now and would like to branch out into other tiers. UU and PU seem the more entertaining metagames as they are somewhat always changing and isn't really ever stale. Would like to work on teambuilding mainly as coming from Monotype the major threats are much more obvious and teambuilding is much more obvious on most types, so I can't always see threats immediately when I build for other tiers.

assigned to Drud

Username: His
PO/PS! Username: basaninho
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday 11h to 02h PM to AM or tuesday, wednesday all the afternoon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): OU and UU player i have played some teamtour on french community but nothing on smogon atm. i have been playing on ps seriously since 2017 and i would love to learn another tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

Username: BackAtYouBro
PO/PS! Username: BackAtYouBro
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: 3-5 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): So hi I’m BackAtYouBro! I’m a UU player that played it a little bit before the Drought ban but only really got into the tier a few months ago when Sage tutored me. I usually participate in UU tours and have made some discussion in the UU Viability Rankings. I’ve played PU a few times before (actually before Kingler was the busted threat that got it banned) but I’ve never really got myself into the metagame. Two of my biggest weaknesses is teambuilding and getting too discouraged on the ladder so I’d like to improve on these with this tutoring.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yee

assigned to Drud

Reactions: TJ
assigned to TONE

Username: Tmacbalanced
PO/PS! Username: Backoutlet
Your timezone: UTC -5 EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 2-4 PM on weekdays. Most of the time on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing pokemon on and off for awhile. I've mostly played Ubers, OU, UU, and NU. Been wanting to take up PU again and have fun with it

Aliss

is a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
assigned to Drud

Drud agreed to tutor me :)

Username: Djokra
PO/PS! Username: Djokra
Your timezone: GMT+1 (CET)
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-11PM weekdays, all weekend usually
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing around 3-4 years ago, mainly played Monotype back then. Have been around on Smogon for a little over a year now. I usually play oldgens but I often play PU with my buddy Drud on the ladder or just friendlies and I want to get better at it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea

assigned to HJAD

Username: Sas0
PO/PS! Username: Sas0
Your timezone:GMT +1 / +2
Usual Hours of Availability:
Every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):Started playing competitively around black and white2 (playing ou); I stopped playing when leas started and I comeback with SM but I stopped one more time in summer or something like that.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

assigned to Akir
Username:3xsquadd
Po/Ps:3xsquadd
Your time zone:Est
Usual Hours of Availability:All day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well I've been playing Pokemon ever since I was 12 the first game I played was black and white. I just really wanna get Better at competitive battle I have been playing competitive Pokemon since oras was popular. and now I've come to usum to get better at the meta any and all help is appreciated thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)