Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SUMO LC, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Skype, Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped previously in 2016. Link your sign-up post from last year by going to the B101 Archive located in Thread Cryonics underneath Closed Forums.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• NEW: You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
Any iteration of Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU/DOU/LC from any of the past generations.
Any iteration of Battle Spot / VGC formats.

Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
example said:
Username: plus
PS! Username: youngme7o
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2007 and decided to join Smogon to get better. Since then, I've played in tournaments like WCOP 2009 and SPL 1 way back in the day. Admittedly I've had less time to burn on Pokemon since then, but I still have fair knowledge in OU / UU / NU for all generations from DPP onwards.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:
  • You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited:

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Lou Blade.
PO/PS! Username: Lou Stylinson.
Your timezone: UTC -4.
Usual Hours of Availability: Random.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): A really bad player in any tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Yes, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yep.

Thanks.

Assigned to GOAO

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rs
Username: Maksy
PO/PS! Username: Dragon Lords
Your timezone: GMT +4
Usual Hours of Availability: Random mostly at night.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitively since 2014 trying different tiers but never got the hang of LC. Tried lc again in late ORAS and it was quite fun and now with sun moon adding some more lc pokemon want to learn the tier from an expert.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Discord, can also use Skype if necessary.
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes.

Assigned to GOAO

Username: MiyoKa
PO/PS! Username: MiyoKa
Your timezone: Gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm to 10pm from sunday to thursday, everytime on friday, tuesday and saturday (morning not always)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Regular user on showdown, member of smogon since 2015. Got a good base in competitive playing, knowledge in ORAS metas and also SunMoon metas, but never handled the Little Cup, because it's different. From monotype and french community, I pretty much can play every tier so I don't think tutoring me will be a big deal
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both of them

assigned to Sken

Username: Tankmonx
PO/PS! Username: Tankmonx, and starfoxfalco
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 3pm-5pm Est on weekdays, Friday all day after 3 pm, All day Saturday, and all Sunday Morning
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing competitively on showdown since the summer of 2014. Since joining I’ve laddered, and ask for advised. I’ve always found myself to be weak of team building. The RMT room and RMT forum sections have always been a help. I finally at the end of the ORAS OU metagame I was able to break 1600 which I’m super happy about. Over my yeah and a half at Smogon I’ve played users, Anything goes (which my favourite tier by far), LC, Ru, UU(2nd fav tier) and some Monotype. With the release of SuMo on showdown, I instantly dove right into Anything goes, as well as Ou. I’ve recently gotten into Ubers and Lc again. I hope with the help of battle 101 I can improve my team building skills and learn the new SM LC meta.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both

assigned to WaterlessMelon

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Username: Mikaav
PO/PS! Username: Mikaav
Your timezone: GMT +5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing this for like 3 years now. I have played oras lc and was decent in it. I mostly need help in teambuilding and new sm stuff.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:y

assigned to GOAO

Username: Lost And Found
PO/PS! Username: LNF
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings (9 PM-1 AM EST)/MWF afternoons (12-4PM)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Have played mons on and off for a real long time, (used to play RSE on Netbattle in my squeaker days). Now I want to commit playing mons past what I have been doing as of late (creating random HO/Offense teams in OU and mindlessly laddering while studying.) I have some decent knowledge on tactical concepts of mons (switching, doubling, predictions, trying to determine a win con at preview etc), but trying to advance my game knowledge, teambuilding, and application of these concepts.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use both, Lost And Found on discord server

Thanks!

assigned to GOAO

Username: ItzViper482
PO/PS! Username: ItzViper482
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: After 3:30 my time on weekdays and free on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive been playing lc for about a year now and am a voice in the lc room. I would really enjoy to see how higher level builds and thinks and learn how to build teams other than balance.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: AD Thunderboy
PO/PS! Username: Thunderboy
Your timezone: GMT+1 (CEST)
Usual Hours of Availability: My nights on weekdays (6:30 pm - 11 pm my time, 12:30 pm - 5 pm EST) and early afternoon in weekends (noon - 4 pm my time, 6 am - 10 am EST)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokemon since BW, but took a break throughout most of XY. I came back during the middle of ORAS and picked up LC near the end of it. I became active as an analysis writer with the start of SM, but have always been unable to build good teams that are not gimmicks or 'memes' as you may have noticed during my Battle of the Week, where I only brought weather based teams.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both

assigned to Coconut

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
assigned to Sken

Username: Drud
PO/PS! Username: Wild Drud
Your timezone: +1
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-10PM on week days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play Pokemon Showdown for almost 2 years now. I have good enough smogon experience because I played a lot of tours, got into a live smogon tour semi finale
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

assigned to Shrug

Username
: Matthewc20090
PO/PS! Username: matthewc20090
Your timezone: gmt-6 (cst)
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm available weekdays from 3-10 except wednesdays. weekends i'm pretty much always available.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a pretty active OU player but i've dabbled a little in every tier including little cup. I've been playing for about 3 years and I started in late xy/early oras. I'm not great at teambuilding but i can battle decently.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only Discord

Michielleus

is a Top Tiering Contributor
Rands Slam Winner
assigned to Sken

Username
: Michielleus
PO/PS! Username: Michielleus
Your timezone: gmt + 1
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays vary depending on schedule, but usually 16:00-24:00 is free. Same for weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played ORAS LC, actually got reqs a few times but mostly used other people's teams so teambuilding would be nice. Battling can improve too
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes

Username
: Reviloja753
PO/PS! Username: Reviloja753
Your timezone: EDT (GMT - 4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually in the evening.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I mostly make CAPs and play its metagame. I also play some OU and occasionally Monotype. I would like to learn LC, as it looks like a lot of fun. I also want to expand my competitive knowledge on metagames like LC that don't get as much love as OU.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord plz
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
assigned to Sken

Username
: Alore
PO/PS! Username: Alore
Your timezone: BST (GMT +1)
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings and weekends, any time on Wednesdays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I pretty much only play SM LC and have a ton of self-built teams however whilst I feel my teambuilding is somewhat decent I feel like I have alot of areas i need to improve in. Mostly in my playstyle, ability and varying my cores / strategies more. I enter quite alot of Smogon Tournaments but nowadays only sign-up for LC tours. Also enter tournaments in the Tours room on PS often.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, yes.

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Coconut

Username: Anish
PO/PS! Username: Somani
Your timezone: (PST) GMT-8
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings mainly, also weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I mainly play SM OU, and also played ORAS but wasn't too good at it. I haven't dabbled too much in tours, but did pretty decently in the tours I did play. I haven't learnt anything about LC except maybe a couple of ladder games during suspects.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, preferably.

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
assigned to tcr

Username: Altariel von Sweep
PO/PS! Username: Altariel von Sweep
Your timezone: GMT +1 (Iberian Peninsula)
Usual Hours of Availability: 8pm-11pm on weekdays, all day on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing LC for two years. I played other tiers before, but I sticked to LC due to how easy was for me to understand. I am willing to improve my overal gameplay.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord only.

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
assigned to infamy

Username: Seo
PO/PS! Username: SeoKing
Your timezone: gmt-7
Usual Hours of Availability: im pretty open, i work on weekends and once in the weekdays, and i go to school.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): been playing pokemon showdown for like 4 years now, mainly playing monotype. I been building a few LC teams here and there, and they are alright but i wanna take it to the next level. I'm a decent builder, but i want to work on it with someone more experienced. I'm an alright battler, but like teambuilding, i need some touch ups of when to make risky plays, doubles, etc
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Plas

Username: Ildo
PO/PS! Username: Ildo
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-8 pm MDT on weekdays, weekends I can be on and off from 12 pm - 10 pm MST with a few exceptions
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing on Showdown for about 3 years now on different accounts, and playing LC for about 1 year. I understand the actual mechanics of the game, but still am not that great at playing or building. I'm comfortable with sets and such, but still need improvement all across the board.

Username: jellomellow
PO/PS! Username: jellomellow
Your timezone: EST (UTC -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: 5:00 pm -10:pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been battling for a few months now. I used to play a lot in BW but left when XY came out. I don't like using completely standard sets and Mons unless they're better. There's always something to learn and always room to improve.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes discord

assigned to LilyAC

Username: Ilesaural
PO/PS! Username: Ilesaural
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability:
(until 20th June)
Monday/Thursday: 3 PM / 5 PM - 9 PM 11 PM
Tuesday: 9 PM / 11 PM
Wednesday: 4 PM / 5 PM
Friday: 3 PM / 5 PM
Saturday: 7 PM / 2 AM
Sunday: 10 AM / 10 PM (Sunday may change)
(after 20th June [school finishes])
Monday-Thursday:
10 AM / 5 PM - 9 PM / 1 AM
Friday:
10 AM / 5 PM
Saturday:
7PM / 2 AM
Sunday: All day

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing for 1 1/2 year and I arrived far in ost played a lot of team tours in smogon and in the spanish community, I started in LC for preparated to the slam, always wanted to enter deply, but never had an oportunity like this.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I'll prefer Discord (Ilesaural #6111) but skype works too.

assigned to LilyAC

Username: AFatMudkip
PO/PS! Username: AFatStarly
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday (1-3PM), Wednesday (2-5PM, 7-10PM), Thursday(1-3PM, 7-10PM), Friday(2-5PM, 7-10PM), Saturday/Sunday (12-5PM, 7PM-12AM)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Have been playing LC exclusively for the past four or so months, struggling usually with identifying sets/threats/checks. Tried tournaments only to get blown out round 1 to mons I've never seen before. Want to get better in order to do team tours.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can do Skype, but I heavily prefer Discord (Starly#4123)

Username: LudiCola/WalterPancham/usually combo of said words. (Prefer just Ludi)
PS name: WalterPancham
Timezone: Northeast Queensland Australia (GMT + 10)
Usual availability: 7-9am every day (most of the time) basically all day on weekends
MANDATORY THREE SENTENCES
fairly new, been using showdown under different alts for a couple months on and off (mostly UU and LC).
Recently started taking interest in playing seriously but can’t ladder for the life of me
Tried tourneys with a food themed webs team, but got my @$$ handed to me and really just want to hang with people who like Pokémon (there aren’t any where I live)
Discord. Just. Discord. (I don’t have skype sorry) name is LudiPancham#7169
Do you know how blacklist works? Yes

assigned to tcr

Assigned to Melon

Username: AnimeSans
PO/PS! Username: AnimeSans
Your timezone: gmt-4
Usual Hours of Availability: 4-7pm weekdays, majority of the day weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing on Showdown since May of last year, I have good general knowledge of the meta but haven't seen much success in tournament play. I've made it a few rounds in all the LC seasonals and open and managed to make it to round 1 of the Last Chance tour. I'd like to gain more experience building as I've only been using teams passed to me by other players, and my general battling skill can also greatly improve.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord: Anime Sans#4688

TruSwagblu

Banned deucer.
Username: truswagblu
PO/PS! Username: truswagblu2
Your timezone: gmt-5
Usual Hours of Availability: mon wed thurs after 1pm, tues after 4pm, the rest i'm totally free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing LC for years but only recently started making any real headway in it. While i have made progress in the last 6 months or so, specifically placing highly in a circuit tour, I'd like some form of further guidance because after 4 years of slamming my head onto my keyboard and expecting improvement I don't trust myself to excel any further alone. I'd specifically like to clean up my teambuilding skills and work on mid battle thought processes since I'm more of a clicker than I'd like to admit
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Coconut

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
assigned to LilyAC

Username: Dreamcatcher
PO/PS! Username: therealazn123, Dreamcatcher UwU
Your timezone: GMT -8 (PST)
Usual Hours of Availability: 9-6 Monday to Friday (until school starts again), anytime on weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played LC during DPP and BW1 over wifi casually. Started following smogon around 2012 to watch SPL and World Cup but never bothered to make account until 2018. Starting playing SM LC around late summer of 2018 and climbed to mid-1500s on the ladder to relearn fundamentals and get a decent grasp on the meta. Currently playing the LC winter seasonals and would like some help on teambuilding and late-game decision making/closing.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Able to use both but prefer discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)