Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: Natdex OU

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for National Dex OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Signup Format: Natdex OU
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: LongestBanana
PS! Username: The Santan
Signup Format: SV OU and National Dex OU
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: anywhere after school and break in 3 weeks
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):Love for mons for ages, started battling, realisedI was pretty good, played a bit of ladder, i want to play and compete in tourneys and become a familiar face in tourneys, i look forward to meeting new people in the community and would love to some day work towards a custom avatar.
YE

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for National Dex OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

Username: Vladimir Capuchin
PS! Username: Dapeckneckmudkip
Signup Format: ND OU
Your timezone: AEST
Usual Hours of Availability: AEST 8:30pm-10:00pm (I have a messed up sleep schedule)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm your standard Mid-Ladder ND player, and I run a variety of team archetypes. I've had decent experience in most formats, but national dex is a format I have always found fun. I wouldn't call myself HORRIBLE, but I'm far from a great player.
Sorry, no.

Username:Landshark51
PS! Username:Landshark1283101
Signup Format:Nat Dex Ou
Your timezone:Pst
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 8pm-12pm Weekends:8pm-12pm PST
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon:Ive had 4 years of competitive singles experience. It was casual at first but then i got into nat dex for the diverse team building and ive been playing ever since.
Are you able to use Discord?:Yes

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Orangex
PS! Username: Orangex733
Signup Format: Natdex OU
Your timezone: Gmt+0
Weekdays 5pm onwards, Weekends normally all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started comp pokemon with VGC, participated in IRL events, and was also exploring OMs, from there, I got into NDOMs and since there is quite a lot overlap between NDOU and NDOMs, I found myself wanting to try and learn NDOU.
Yes (orangex733)

Yxzwilliam

Banned deucer.
Username: Yxzwilliam
PS! Username: traisean
Signup Format: Natdex Ou
Your Timezone: gmt-6
Usual Hours of availability: Friday Wednesday and Thursday) all in the afternoon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon: I started comp a year ago in natdex i made 1800s on ladder once and ye thats about it tryna become the GOAT ya feel.
Are you able to use discord: No just google meet LOL

Ineros

Red like Roses inspired the fairy tale
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: Ineros
PS! Username: Ineros
Signup Format: National Dex OU
Your timezone: GMT -6
11:00 AM-8:00 PM on weekends and 5:15 PM to 8:00 PM on weekdays (my time)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon:
I started playing casually last year and actually played competitive NDOU around a half-year ago. People say I’m pretty decent at teambuilding and I aim to continue to learn how to do so efficiently so I can help others who are just starting. Unfortunately, there are many holes in how I play, but I’m still learning the ins and outs of competitive Pokémon and aspire to understand how this tier works.
Yes (username is ineros0135)

Runo

Blehhhhhoooooouughhh.....
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Username: Runo
PS! Username: Runo
Signup Format: National Dex OU
Your timezone: -4
Usual Hours of Availability: after 2PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started with SS NDOU but sucked for a long damn time so I started playing SS NDUU where I landed third in a seasonal, branched out to other formats like SS NDAG, SS UU, RU, and NU as well and were pretty competent at them, eventually went back to SS NDOU and figured out my builder flaws. Gen 9 happens and I'm really frustrated with Tera so I drop SV NDOU completely for literally any non-Tera tier bar SV NDUU and RU, I had some good sucesses in other tiers and even got into some team tour, now as a more better player in terms of building and gameplay I want to try to apply this to SV ND OU again but the variancy and Tera still feels a little daunting.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (runoisch)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)