Apprentice Program Signups: Monotype

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
assigned to Ridley.

Username: Lady Salamence
PO/PS! Username: SamanthaNatalie
Your timezone: Eastern (I hope being one hour off is okay for the spot? If it isn't you can delete!)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends 9AM-9PM, Tuesday/Thursday 4PMish-10PMish
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play a whole ton during the days of DPPt/HGSS, I like to imagine I was okay but I wasn't too good. I played some of the early days of the generation following that, but since then not much. I've hopped tiers a fair bit, but most recently picked up Monotype in the current generation now that it's gained notability in the public, never knew it really existed despite loving the idea.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, yes. Skype, I'd need to reinstall, and I'd rather not.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Vid

Username: Savante
PO/PS! Username: 2.B.I.G.
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 9-11pm, Weekends Anytime.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played competitive Monotype since about 2012 when X and Y came out. I had stopped playing pokemon competitive for almost now 2 years and I want to get back in to monotype metagame.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I remember the blacklisting rules.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Vid

Username: Havens
PO/PS! Username: Havens n_n
Your timezone: gmt-4
Usual Hours of Availability: available most afternoons past 5 PM, but I can be flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): ...Well my Monotype peeps already know me pretty well (outside of the other tiers that I play for fun). Participated in MPL, Monotype rvoice, host of Monotype's BotW, active Monotype Analysis contributor, among other things, especially being a pretty good player at one point. However, I feel my play getting worse and worse as these months have progressed, and I feel that's part of my mindset, feeling clouded when it comes to what I should really be looking for in a team. I know I've done this before, but I want to come back and retrace my steps and get myself back to playing at a very high level, as I've hit a wall when it comes to playing and building that I can't overcome myself.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yup.

Username: jackelope12
PO/PS! Username:jackelope12
Your timezone:EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Varies
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have no experience in competitive pokemon. I would like to learn. Please help me.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: No

Username: Tomasom00
PO/PS! Username: Tomasom00
Your timezone: GMT
Usual hours of availability: Anytime on weekends, Past 10.30pm on weekdays, other time during the week working around lectures
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively in 2013. I've always enjoyed playing monotype and would like to get better at it. I've had some success with steel and fire teams, and would like to achieve more with these types and others.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

Username: Kaminari
PO/PS! Username: An Icecream Cone
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday after 9 pm, Friday after 9 pm, Saturday after 11 pm, Sunday after 10 pm. I am a little flexible with times, but these are generally my availabilties!
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played A LOT when X and Y came out (they kind of renewed my interest in pokemon after stopping with Diamond and Pearl (non competitively). I was introduced to Pokemon Showdown by a friend and started with random battles. I moved on to OU, where I loved weather teams and some, admittedly trolly, stuff like Whimsicott and Shuckle. I got tired of facing the same 30 or so pokemon, and tried little cup at the suggestion of a friend, but the strategies in that format were very weird to me and I didn't really like it. Then I happened upon monotype, even as a kid, I'd love to play "like a gymleader" and restrict myself to 1 type, so it was a natural leap I guess. Ice being my favorite type (I know...) I tried really hard to make Ice work, especially with hail (I probably have over 30 different ice teams from that time saved, I never delete old teams). I took up the moniker An Icecream Cone (after the Vanilluxe line), and set out to dominate the scene (spoiler alert, I didn't). When Sun and Moon was released, I kind of drifted away from pokemon for a bit, but I've had the itch to play again. Oof, this got kinda long. Sorry!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I'd love to use discord! I suppose I can create a skype account as well, or carrier pigeons, whatever works :)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: It seems simple enough.

I would like to add that I love to create teams and would love to find a tutor that would help foster my creative side as well as help me take my theoretical knowledge and apply it to battling, improving my prediction skills and such, I'd really love to win a Monotype tournament and seek guidance from someone with a lot higher skill and experience than myself. Also, don't be scared, I am open to more than just ice as a typing, though it is the one I have the most experience with.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Username: Miyawaki Sakura
PO/PS! Username: Kuroko Satsuki
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday- Friday i'll be free from 2pm-10pm, Saturday/Sunday times will be varied.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've taken a recent interest in PS in the last 2 months, I use to play random ladder + OU a couple years back. I want to get into Monotype seriously so i'd like some expert help to better myself before I branch out into other tier/metagames. I'm generally a brand new player so a lot of terms an stuff is fairly new to me, but i've been told I am adapting well by a friend who is a serious competitor known as Jetpack on Showdown.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Username: Namranan
PO/PS! Username: Namranan
Your timezone: gmt-4 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually anytime on the weekend and also after 4pm my time on the weekdays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): .. I'm the person who started playing monotype with sets like Flamethrower Gyarados and Specs Lunatone. Needless to say I was never good at this format and I keep trying hard to improve on my own. I have gotten better since then by participating in BLT, as well as the Fall and Summer Seasonals, while also being a monotype voice and a general positive user to even newer players. Despite this I still feel like I need to improve, and I need someone elses guidance to help with that.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Ridley.

Username: NylaTheWolf
PO/PS! Username: NylaTheWolf
Your timezone: GMT-5 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends, 12-4 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My favorite tier to play besides OU is Monotype. I live and breathe it! I won my first chatroom tour in Monotype. Im currently hanging around the mid-late 1300s to the early 1400s, though I did get up to 1440 once! I play a lot of monotype, and I'm planning to make teams of every type. Currently I've only made teams of Bug (my best and main team), Dark, Dragon, Electric, and Ice (still a WIP). I think I'm an intermediate monotype player.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord only, but no voice chat. Im not comfortable (or allowed) to voice chat people I only know from the internet.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep~

assigned to Eien

Username:Derpeddeath
PO/PS! Username: derpeddeath
Your timezone: IST (GMT +5.30)
Usual Hours of Availability: Around 12:30 pm GMT
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've played monotype pretty much my whole time here. Most of the time i play OU/Ubers is to test out my monotype teams. I play the occasional OU match when im bored but not much otherwise.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
I have discord and skype but prefer discord.
More or less.

Username: Mystic Master
PO/PS! Username: MysticMaster77
Your timezone: Eastern US, GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Mainly weekends. Weekdays in the evenings.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played mainly monotype and have dabbled a little in each of the other formats. I have played in the ssnls in the past and would like to improve so I can play in the premier leagues. Aside from Monotype, I like playing OU and Ubers.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes to Discord. Haven't used Skype in ages

assigned to Ridley.

Username: rnbs
PO/PS! Username: PpG R4inboes
Your timezone: gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: weekends and evenings during the week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I trained in the mountains with my dragons and havent done much other stuff yet which is why I want to get tutored!
discord
no

assigned to Ridley.

Username: Aparctias
PO/PS! Username: Aparctias
Usual Hours of Availability: After 5 PM on M/W/Th/F/Su, All day Saturday
I've been a part of the Monotype community since 2013, but I peaked pretty early and I've gone downhill a lot in recent years. For a very long time I was a "One-Type Wonder", but I've branched out some over the last year and I'm somewhat comfortable using all balance types, electric, and ice now. I'm looking for a tutor so I can improve on my teambuilding and my actual ability to play.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use either, but I prefer Discord!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I have a reasonable understanding of it, I think!

Username: ShadowHounder
PO/PS! Username: ShadowHounder
Your timezone: Pacific Standard Time (American timezone)
Usual Hours of Availability: 11am - 9pm (tends to vary from day to day... usually good at letting people know when something pops up at the last minute)
I don't have much personal experience in competitive Pokemon. I've only recently started getting into the metas of Smogon and how each of them work. However, I've been doing no stop research where I can (through looking at the Smogon pokedex for movesets and watching videos covering the history of pokemon at the competitive level. I've played mostly PU and LC, but I'm looking into branching out to other metas.
I have Discord, but not Skype
I understand the blacklist, it's function, and why it is the why it is. I will do my best to follow the rules that have been given and stay as positive as I can.

assigned to Ticken

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Username: Gum
PO/PS! Username: StickingGum
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: After 5pm weekdays and pretty much always free during weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively around 1 year ago. I used to play OU but switched to PU in September, and that's around then that I started to contribute to Smogon. I tried Monotype once and it seemed like a fairly fun tier, so here I am.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to maroon

Username: Autriastar
PO/PS! Username: Autriastar
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Weeknights 10-12pm, Weekend 8-10am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play pokemon showdown a lot when I was younger. This past month I've picked it back up again and a lot more experience in some new tiers besides OU.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype Yes

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Magma
PO/PS! Username: Magma
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends work better most of the time, Weekdays have to work around my college classes, but mwf I am free from 1-9pm and t th 5-9pm, can do hw till my tutor can tutor me.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I been playing since 2015 in VGC and OU, but I was just playing super casually till I gained interest in Monotype when there was an opening on a FB league for a Ice GL back in oras. I did not take Monotype seriously till 2016, then I turned from a ladder player to a tour player once I made my Smogon account in 2017. I have laddered 1v1, Monotype and LC with all three having some type of tour success(r10 of 1v1ssnls, made many team tours, made r7 of ssnls for mono and blt and mpl and LC with making it to r10 of ssnls and getting reqs for the last two suspects). When I tried to come back to Monotype after taking a break when MPL ended last year, I saw that I never got back to my peak of playing when playing Monotype. I think rn my main problem is in the team builder, my mental state going into tour battles and just feeling like I can never get back to the same level of playing I had after MPL ended due to the metagame shifting a bit (Berry Alolan Muk, gliscor flying, you get the idea) and it seems like I cannot fixed this myself as my results for the last two ssnls have been worse for mono than they ever have been. I need to change and find the problem to get back to the same level of playing I had before.

assigned to Ridley.

Username: Taffy (Discord)
PO/PS! Username: A Random Rift
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends are usually good for me, weekdays can work if I don't have a mountain of homework from school.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): On my first alt, I had no clue how to play Monotype. I started learning bits and pieces with types, but I eventually stuck with ground. Since then, I have learned some with flying and a small bit with psychic.

Once I reached my peak of 1650, I have been outputting a worse performance and still have many problems with predicting. Almost like I've hit a hard wall in Monotype.

assigned to Vid

Username: UberGamer
PO/PS! Username: UberGamer
Your timezone: MST
Usual Hours of Availability: Generally any time Sunday-Friday as long as planned in advance.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Former staff in tutoring room, peak ladder #1 in Gen 5 Mono and #4 in Gen 6. Have done decently in some other tiers as well. Have had bad tournament results, and a long break from competitive mons, as well as just a hard time ever getting into gen 7.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Either but prefer Discord

assigned to Vid

Tico

Heart of the Mountain
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
assigned to maroon

Username: Tico Meu
PO/PS! Username: tico tico tico 21
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekend 21h~03h, Normal Days 03:30~05:00 (GMT)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started play PS on October 2017 playing Monotype and OU, i played many tiers but im mainly monotype, now im 1500~1600 ladder player, i play with almost types but i prefer Flying and Fairy, im trying to improve my game.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: only Discord

assigned to Eien

Username: Cognitohazard
PO/PS! Username: Cognitohazard
Your timezone: GMT -8
Usual Hours of Availability: Tues-Fri 3:30pm-8:00 pm; Sat/Sun/Mon Pretty limited but after 8:00 pm typically fine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing mons on and off for many years, only started playing seriously pretty recently and only in mono. My peak on ladder was about ~1750, playing strictly normal. I basically only play fairy and normal due to just being comfortable on those types. I have serious problems choking and playing other teams, and I want help on my analysis of games so I can correctly make plays.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes discord

Username: Ultralit
PO/PS! Username: Ultralit
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday 4-5 pm; Friday 2-5 pm; 7-9 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been in the competitive scene for about two years now, starting when Sun and Moon where new (Although I have been playing mons casually since the release of Black and White). I quickly got into playing Ubers, and played pretty much only that and AG for a year or so. Fast forward to September 2018. I got involved in a GBA style draft league known as PCL. There, I began to really got to enjoy playing with all sorts of mons, even making playoffs in Season 3! I got really curious about how other tiers played in contrast to Ubers, and decided that Monotype was a good place to start, so here I am! :)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord works best.

assigned to Vid

Username: scottollo
PO/PS! Username: huangyong
Your timezone: GMT +7
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends whenever, during afternoon on weekdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have only played OU seriously.But I have never ventured into Monotype. Monotype as a tier had always caught my interest and I think that the program would help me understand the metagame and learn to build teams and get better at battling.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I do.

assigned to Chaitanya

Username: RAP yogurt
PO/PS! Username: RAP Yogurt
Usual Hours of Availability: Morning/Afternoons, the occasional night. I work the night shift.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played on and off for a few years, looking to get into the game competitively. I want to get better with team building and making better plays. I feel confident making predictions and closing out games, but I struggle with analyzing and setting up my win condition early game.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, prefer Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

assigned to Ticken

Username: The Consort
PO/PS! Username: The Consort
Usual Hours of Availability: Most Evenings (7pm est, onwards), and MWF is generally fine too.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been around for a while, but I struggle with battling quite a bit. Going into a battle, I usually have the ability to win because my teams are designed well, but I oftentimes lose because I choke. I would also like to work somewhat on my teambuilding too because I often just copy and paste sets that I have seen previously, rather than try to innovate my own sets based around a valid threat in the tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes, after reading the full intro, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)