Apprentice Program Signups: Americas (GMT-8 through GMT-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor and live in the Americas (or if you're a night-owl from the other side of the world), you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)

You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

OminousDraco - Round 111-112
jordancampos66 - Round 111-112
megabackingengar - Round 111-112
thekeytoyourheart - Round 111-112

This thread will close after 40 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of applicants.

This thread will reopen after only 20 posts remain.

Last edited:
Assigned to DTC

Username: Tankmonx
PO/PS! Username: Tankmonx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4pm -10pm on weekdays and all day on weekends GMT - 5
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a big fan of the Smash bros series and nintendo games in general. Halve way through high school and then gonna study to be a Software Engineer. I've played on Showdown for a year and I've gotten bored the OU tier. I want to get better at the UU tier since the tiers so much fun. My main weaknesses is looking at the end game and predicting my opponents sets at team preview.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use both

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: seishi
PS! Username: epsilon to zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST. Prefer after 6pm weekdays and weekends, but my availability is flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, RBY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I get paid to write bad code that sometimes does things. I also really like math and mechanical keyboards.

Assigned to p2

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Assigned to WaterlessMelon

insert "first" joke here?
edit: or third. damn you guys are fast
Username: Gummysaur
PO/PS! Username: Gummysaurus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and i'm available mostly on the weekends and after 4pm on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Gummy, I've been wanting to be in the competitive scene for a long time now. I've played LC for maybe a year, but I started back up a month or two ago. However, despite doing it for this long, I have room to improve. I know the meta but I lose a lot because I'm not good at the actually battling part. I want to know what I'm doing wrong when people come into the chatroom like "my first day trying LC and I've hit 1350" when it took me a month to reach that. I also like pie but only with ice cream because otherwise it's just dry and boring.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use Skype, but not the face/voice-chat parts, just texting, if that's fine.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Assigned to D!fficult

Username
:Bliffleblitz
PO/PS! Username:Bliffleblitz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; Sat., Tues 9 AM – 10:30 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: A college student (Political Science/Computer Science) who likes making movies and wrestling

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Assigned to quziel

Username:
Kenny
PO/PS! Username: Kenny
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 10am-2pm, 4pm-11pm depending on day
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Used to play Gen 5 RU, took a break from smogon and now I'm trying to make a comeback and I could use some help becoming a better battler! 19 y/o and works at mcdonalds but wants to play pokemon for a living instead
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both but would have to find a mic somewhere.

Username:CrzyCookie
PO/PS! Username:CrzyCookie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Weekdays: 5pm-10pm Weekends 11am-Onwards
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself:New HS student Hype really wanting to get more into the smogon tiers ^^
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both I use Discord more but whatever works
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

Assigned to Sacri'

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Amaroq

Username
: TONE
PO/PS! Username: TONE
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 M, W 6-12am, T, Th 2-12am, F, Sa, Su 3-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Math Major and PU player looking to expand my knowledge.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

Reactions: nv
Assigned to SamVGC

Username: Shayminaire
PO/PS! Username: Personality Quirk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT Monday-Friday: 4pm-9pm; Saturday and Sunday: anytime after noon
What tier do you want to learn?: Vgc16
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school student, and I have played pokemon for as long I can remember and I want to get to learn to play competitively.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
Assigned to miltankmilk

Username
: Watchog
PO/PS! Username: Watchog
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 after 6:00
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS DOU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi im watchog and i like pokemon :3
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord maybe

Username: NotePAdd
PS! Username: NotePAdd
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Mon-Thurs 6:30pm-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been trying to learn competitive Pokemon on/off since late gen 4, and just started getting serious about it. I feel like a little guidance would be helpful.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes

Assigned to Peli

Username
: BlackfootedEel
PS! Username: BlackfootedEel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Sun-Sat 10am-3pm CT (evenings can flexible depending on needs of tutor)
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU (although I'm open to learning about any of the tiers honestly)
Tell us a little about yourself: College student, always been passionate about pokemon, but never really gotten hardcore interested in the competitive side. I've built a few teams, but mostly just to fool around. I'd love to learn more about the tiers and battling in general

Assigned to PDC

Username
: NicoReaper
PO/PS! Username: NicoTheReaper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3 mornings and afternoon.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18 years old, i'm from Argentina. I love the graphic design and play pokemon :). Wanna learn about BW Metagame ^^ looks interesting.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to qsns

Username
: Finnuck
PO/PS! Username: Finnuck
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ETZ: Varies depending on work.
What tier do you want to learn?: DOU
Tell us a little about yourself: 21 years old, Insurance Salesmen, Married, Enjoying Life.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype

Assigned to shaian

Username
:Huston
PO/PS! Username:HustonSmogon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:CST, varies
What tier do you want to learn?:Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself:17 years old, religious, HS senior
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: either

Assigned to obii

Username
: Infamy
PO/PS! Username: Based Infamy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 5-10 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the second coming of Christ
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

Username: Drangonn
PO/PS! Username: Drangonn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5 6-10 ish
What tier do you want to learn?: gsc
Tell us a little about yourself: no
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: skype ig but discord is better
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

Bedschibaer agreed to tutor me again!

Assigned to Valentine

Username
: StarZabRighT
PO/PS! Username: StarZabRighT
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-6 and usually around 3pm to 10pm now with school starting it could varrie but more often then not somewhere between those hours
Tell us a little about yourself:Just a guy tryna improve at Pokemon and looking for some help doing so
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both are fine but prefer discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yeah

Username: iwantalolly
PO/PS! Username: iwantalolly
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (EDT) Available anytime after 4PM to 12-1AM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: 14 year old high school student who enjoys singing and would like to learn about the Ubers tier

Assigned to Dominatio

Assigned to Hector Hard Mode

Username
: RedzoneX
PO/PS! Username: RedzoneX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (EDT) 7-9 every day but Friday, 9a-3p Monday, 9a-12p Tuesday, pretty much all day Saturday, and variable other times, my schedule is really weird
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore computer science student, been loosely following Smogon since 4th gen and been playing on and off since XY, looking to get some help to push my OU game to the next level.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, Skype preferred

Assigned to ez

Username
: On the Wind
PO/PS! Username: On the Wind
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (Eastern Time) Generally available past 5pm, more on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: College student from California, currently in Pennsylvania. I've been playing competitively on and off since DPPT, and am particularly interested in teambuilding. I'm a big JRPG fan and have dabbled in a number of different games, but probably enjoy spectating more than actually playing when it comes to major eSports titles.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, Discord preferred though

Assigned to Coconut

Username:
SilentMango
PO/PS! Username: SilentMango
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 after 7pm on most weekdays, weekends are flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS LC
Tell us a little bit about your self: I am a high school student with an interest in languages. I played LC for a bit but want to get better at teambuilding and maybe get more comfortable with the forums.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype

Assigned to Californium

Username
: Allflats
PO/PS! Username: Allflats
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ET: past 21:00 pm typically. sometimes earlier.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive loved pokemon my whole life. I've loved the journeys of being this trainer from a small town who befriends magical, powerful creatures to fight with him as he makes his way to the top, while taking on the bad guys trying to use the power of the main legendary for some selfish purpose, defeating them, and earning the recognition of the legendary. At this point in life as i grew up with pokemon, my interests and focal point when I play has shifted. I now see that its a strategy game with many different utilities you can manipulate to outsmart another, in the form of the multidemographic appealing pokemon. I am aware you can not teach another intuition, but I would love to learn about what utilties I should be looking to incorporate in a team and for any format; how to make a team, how to think when creating one, what combats what the best, so I may enjoy this beautiful game to the fullest.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: skype

Username: Ryoma Nagare
PO/PS! Username: Ryoma Nagare
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; 8-10 PM every day generally
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: ru player, giant robot lover, amateur cook, lol

assigned to ez

Username
: Panther5001
PO/PS! Username: Panther5001
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Everyday except Friday and Saturday from 9-12 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: I want to push my Oras OU game to the next level.
Tell us a little about yourself: Finance student during the school year. I teach Tennis and Swimming during the summer and when I have time in the year. Also like to rate teams on PS.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Assigned to Mr.378

Username: Amoonguss
PS! Username: 3d
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: since school is starting on tuesday ill be free from like 3pm est - 8/9
What tier do you want to learn?: GSC OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 16 years old and I live in brampton i want to learn gsc cuz it looks p fun.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yea i can use skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)