Apprentice Program: Round Sixty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: bubbly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bubblytest, angryredballoon, etc etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, should be available throughout all of my Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Longtime DPP battler, I finally managed to get #1 there (after 2 years of trying -__-) so I'm taking an interest in BW now. I've done reasonably well with some offensive teams recently but I'd especially like some help building more defensive, non-standard teams for this meta.

Apart from the pokemon stuff I'm in my first year of uni studying Journalism, I play piano and a lot of tennis, um. That's it :)

Username: Sephiroth_Masamune
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Sephiroth_Masamune
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 1p.m. - 1 a.m. most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mainly, but any tier truly.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 24 year old father of a 2 year old boy. I've been playing Pokemon since the release in the United States. I've never truly played competitively. I would like to improve on any area I can. I've always tried to make teams in-game to use against my friends but they always fall off the grid and I never get the chance to battle much.
Under 25 posts explanation: I wish to become more involved with the Smogon community. I want to increase my knowledge of the Metagame to be able to pass along information to those less informed. Participating in discussion with a better understanding of the current metagame and attempting to establish alternate teams which could affect or change the metagame for the better.

Username: Prismata
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Prismata
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific, 4-10 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokémon since I was maybe 4, and it's remained my favorite series since then. I used to think I didn't have a favorite Pokémon, but now I know that I do... it's Gengar!

I'm often looking at Pokémon merch and every so often I'll dump some money on plush. I'm still eying those Litwick plush that they have at the Pokémon Center kiosk at the mall... P:

I used to frequent the Nintendo NSider Forums until they were closed in 2007, and it was through posts there that I learned of Smogon. Despite having been a lurker here for at least 5 years, I've never really been into competitive battling and I don't really know how to build a team that does anything besides avoid a bunch of same-type weaknesses. I've usually just picked Pokémon that I find cute and used some movesets and EVs from the Strategy Pokédex without worrying about how each of the Pokémon on my team support each other. The reason why I'd like to be tutored is because I want to break away from that, and I'd like to be able to build teams that work more as teams rather than have 6 sort of individual Pokémon.

So yeah! I've never really been a battler, but I figured I should learn to battle properly before I can actually call myself a Pokémon freak. And that's why I'm here.

Less than 25 posts explanation: Although this is my first post, I have been lurking a little bit on and off for the past few years. I learn pretty quickly, and once I get better at battling, hopefully I'll be able to pass on some of that knowledge to the rest of the community. Even though I know very little right now, I'd love to gain more knowledge and experience. I might be interested in becoming a tutor too once I get better, but I'd have to see where I end up first...

Username: Samurott69

Pokemon Online Username: Ahan

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +5.5 Availability: 9am-1pm,6pm-11pm
and all day during weekends

What tier do you want to learn?: 1st choice- BW OU 2nd choice- BW UU

Tell us a little about yourself: I love to play pokemon, i have been playing it for many years. I have been battling competitively when b/w came out. We don't have any tournaments where I live so i haven't been able to participate in any except for the Pokemon Online ones. Apart from pokemon i like football.

Why i should be tutored: I know the basics of the game, i am good but not really good either. Thats why i have under 25 posts. I love to make my own strategies, move combinations and share them. I have trouble in remembering some types effectiveness from bw.

I want to become a better team builder, better battler and better strategy maker and help the community to grow. I will do my best if i am accepted!

Username: NecroGardy11590

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Gardy11590/Gardy11590

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern and afternoons and night work best.

What tier do you want to learn?: Black and White OU but, I wanna learn all as I have no experience with playing well at all.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played the Pokemon games since the first games came out Red and Blue and I have just recently discovered a whole new set of things I never knew about before until Black and White a few weeks ago and I have a lot to figure out and, would love to get as much help as possible I didn't even know what Nature's Characteristic's and, Ev's and, Iv's . I kind of know what they are now but, not fully I haven't every really been good at the game's but, they are something that I really enjoy and, would love to be good at them I know this request is late but, I Registered as soon as I learned of this site and I saw you had a Tutoring system which I think is awesome I would greatly appreciate any help as I would like to improve in this game since I thought I knew the game but, it turns out that I know next to nothing about it. I will do whatever I can to be active on the forums as this seems like a great site and great community to help people like me who just wanna have fun and better themselves.

Assigned to ChouToshio for BW UU

Username:
Professor Science
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Professor Science
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10.5, I'm online most weekdays from 4.00 - 10.00pm, and almost all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mostly, but I'd like to try BW UU, RU and DW OU too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm into martial arts, otherwise I'm a pretty normal socially-challenged guy (like most of us on Smogon). And btw, I'm not actually that into science, despite my nick. If you know what its a reference to, then props to you.

I missed out on a tutor last round.

Username: Scarfwynaut
Shoddy Username: testn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 / EST, 5PM-10 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I love scifi and cartoons. I am pretty mediocre at battling and wish to get better. If possible could I have someone to tutor me that plays stall, as that is the play style I wish to master.

Skipped in the last 2 rounds.

Username:El Guapo
Pokemon/SHoddy username:ElGuapoSKillz
Timezone/Avalibility: Eastern standard, usually around 6 oclock in the afternoon, til about 9.
What tier would you like to learn: I would really like to learn the OU game better.
Tell us about yourself: Well, I'm in HS, I upload to youtube, and I like comedy, but I'm not that good at the game, and would like to get better at it.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
After a while, I'm finally done. I tried to assign tutors to as many people as people as possible and gave priority to a few people who kept missing out / those who signed up first. I'll see if any tutors are willing to take on more, but until then, happy learning to everyone who was assigned a tutor!

I'll have the tutor assignments posted on-site at a later time. For now, look for your post to see if you were assigned someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)