Tournament Anything Goes Premier League II - Format Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
(Banner goes here)

AGPL II is on the horizon, this thread will give some preliminary details on what the tour will look like and hold discussion about what the tiers selected for the tournament will be!

The current plan is to run AGPL with a similar structure to last years: 6 teams of minimum 8 players each (6 starters + 2 substitutes) will play in a round robin for 5 weeks, then the top team will advance straight to finals while the 2nd and 3rd place teams duke it out for the other finals spot.

Preliminary Schedule
Manager Signups - June 1
Player Signups - June 7 (last for 2 weeks)
Auction - 3rd week of June, exact date TBD
Week 1 - June 22

Tiers
The 6 tiers for AGPL are not yet decided, so you're welcome to give input here. Currently we are leaning towards the following format:

3 Nat Dex AG / 2 USUM AG / 1 ORAS AG

You are free to suggest different formats below! The possibility of a multigen bo3 slot similar to AG classic is something that has been discussed a fair bit in the room, but we are currently leaning against it due to concerns that it would result in insufficient players in the other old gen slots. If it seems like there is significant demand for something like this we can revisit this point. Another point that has come up in discussions is whether or not to make one of the Nat Dex AG slots bo3, so we'll put that up for discussion as well.

Please remember to be civil and avoid 1-liners, other than that post away!

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
(Banner goes here)

AGPL II is on the horizon, this thread will give some preliminary details on what the tour will look like and hold discussion about what the tiers selected for the tournament will be!

The current plan is to run AGPL with a similar structure to last years: 6 teams of minimum 8 players each (6 starters + 2 substitutes) will play in a round robin for 5 weeks, then the top team will advance straight to finals while the 2nd and 3rd place teams duke it out for the other finals spot.

Preliminary Schedule
Manager Signups - June 1
Player Signups - June 7 (last for 2 weeks)
Auction - 3rd week of June, exact date TBD
Week 1 - June 22

Tiers
The 6 tiers for AGPL are not yet decided, so you're welcome to give input here. Currently we are leaning towards the following format:

3 Nat Dex AG / 2 USUM AG / 1 ORAS AG

You are free to suggest different formats below! The possibility of a multigen bo3 slot similar to AG classic is something that has been discussed a fair bit in the room, but we are currently leaning against it due to concerns that it would result in insufficient players in the other old gen slots. If it seems like there is significant demand for something like this we can revisit this point. Another point that has come up in discussions is whether or not to make one of the Nat Dex AG slots bo3, so we'll put that up for discussion as well.

Please remember to be civil and avoid 1-liners, other than that post away!
So personally, I'd like to see the number of formats expanded. Six is just such a small number of slots that it wouldn't accurately reflect the players that the tier has to offer. Maybe either a third USUM, a DPP format (given the recent RoA tour), or experimenting with a BW2 format. Old gens are a point of contention, but recently tiers such as 1v1 and LC have, in their respective premier leagues, included metagames during which that particular metagame wasn't popular or didn't exist.

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
I posted extensively in the room recently about including a best of 3 over the 3 tiers (Nat dex, USUM, ORAS) because I feel it will bring the best level of competition into that slot and be more enjoyable for the spectators and teams when it comes to prep. I'd personally prefer the format to be either: 2 Nat Dex, 2 USUM, 1 ORAS, 1 BO3. Or 3 Nat Dex, 1 USUM, 1 ORAS, 1 Bo3.
Historically in some other PLS Best of 3 slots feature the best players in the tournament in one slot, which results in highlight matchups for nearly every bo3 between every team every week, with some exceptions obviously. I think Nat Dex has a small playerbase from what I've heard and seen, Bo3 could be a good way to introduce some old but good AG players to the new gen either way and will also make matchup fishing less prominent in high level games imo.

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I agree with Cam about converting a natdex slot to bo3 multi-gen. Other than that, 2 of the current gen, 2 of the fan-favorite USUM, and 1 ORAS look great. I don't think people would like it at all if we go with 1 USUM as in Cam's propsal.

I think we should find some way to insert a Galar dex AG into there somewhere. Since we are going to be moving to that in the future, it would be good to see some representation of it, especially since the first DLC is coming out in June. Galar dex will still be very different from what it will be after Crown Tundra, but it would be nice to include it in AGPL as it develops with the first DLC. Also, we included Galar dex in the AG cups this year, so giving it representation in the PL will help familiarize players with the meta.

EDIT: if you end up not going with a bo3 due to concerns of a lack of players, one of the natdex slots could be used for galar dex.

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It seems to me that we’re trying to cram a lot of formats into 6 slots. It might be better to expand to 8 slots, and do something along the lines of 3 natdex / 2 usum / 1 galar / 1 oras / 1 bo3. I understand that concerns have been raised about getting the necessary signups to ensure 8 quality slots, but I believe that with the continuation of quarantine measures, it’s highly likely that AGPL will see relatively massive signups, so I’m personally not swayed by those arguments. I’d like to hear other opinions on this, however. Looking at the track record from last year’s massive AGPL signups, I don’t think that there are really any significant factors that will reduce signups from last year, so imo it won’t be too hard to find enough solid players for 8 slots.

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
I would personally disagree with the notion of adding gens before ORAS to AGPL. There is a nonexistent playerbase that other tiers actually have (hence why they include them). Adding a slot where we would typically see low quality games due to severely underdeveloped metas sounds unappealing.

I would like to point out that I would argue for ORAS being chopped and Galar being added if we were to go with a six slot format. Simply put, a bo1 ORAS AG game does not produce anything exciting. Time and time again last PL, we saw low-quality games or just outright BS. This is not just my thinking; Zenithial argued for this at the end of last year. Galar's meta has developed rather rapidly and with DLC coming soon it would be perfect to include it. However, I think six slots is ludicrous at this point, we are potentially looking at more signups than last year which already had enough for an 8 slot roster.

Here is my ideal lineup:
Six Man: Multigen / 2 Natdex / 2 USUM / 1 Galar
Eight Man: Multigen / 3 Natdex / 2 USUM / 1 ORAS / 1 Galar

Excluding a multigen bo3 makes no sense imo, I fail to see how it would result in insufficient slots. If anything, you are enabling solid players of past gens to have a higher chance to play, which, to me, would incentivize more signups. No one wants to see half of the slots be a bo1 Natdex, nor does anyone want to see a bo3 natdex. It is apparently clear that this format does not produce quality games, is generally disliked, and will result in less signups. Multigen seems like the perfect solution, and not having it would frankly be preposterous.

This is what I’m thinking of: an 8 man squad.

3 NatDex / 2 Bo3 / 2 USUM / 1 ORAS

The Best of 3 here goes like this:

Both players will have their first battles in NatDex. After that, the loser of battle 1 will get to pick which tier he/she would like to play next between USUM and ORAS. If it is 1-1 at this point, the final tier will be played. Sorta based this from OU Stour.

MAHOH

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
PL's aren't known for this but I think it would be awesome to have more Bo3 slots. I believe that a Bo3 in any gen would be superior to Bo1 for a few reasons

Matchup:

The winner of a Bo1 "set" is highly determined by matchup. While this can also be true with Bo3, there are often chances to win a Bo3 even after having a bad g1 where say, you get swept by a calm mind refresh Dragonceus because nothing on your team was capable of stopping this unviable abomination. You still lost with no chance to fight back, purely cause of mu. MU simply is a more critical factor when the sample size is one game. It is way more unlikely for someone to get horrible matchup throughout an entire set of 3 games than for 1 game. Flip a coin once and you land on one side 100% of the time, the other side 0% of the time. 0% gets set on fire, 100% wins easily. Flip the coin 3 times and both players will have better odds of fighting a fair battle. 66% vs 33% may not be completely fair, but it's better than 100% to 0%

Prep:

Prep is closely related to matchup, but different. You can bring a team that logically makes sense, and randomly your opponent won't have a good option to check some mon on your team, therefore, in a world where you both played perfectly you win because of MU. Prep on the other hand is deliberately trying to screw over your opponent before the set starts by making a team around things that they typically do not bid well against. Prep isn't wrong, but it is a very ugly thing to see when you only play 1 game which is heavily influenced by this. I've been in several team tournaments and know how people look through their opponents replays and try to find every little detail about them. What mons do they tend to use, what is their building style, what set do they often run on certain mons, what are they typically weak to, will their teammates possibly pass them a team, and so on. In the end, they concoct this semi-unviable cteam with 2 pogres and a cm arceus-electric (idk if anyone's actually done this but lol you get the point) which would not be optimal in most situations, but could very possibly work well on their opponent. Maybe the player who has gotten "prepped for" knows about their opponents plans, and then decides to use something out of their comfort zone, something random that the prepper could never have expect. What happens then? Who knows, sometimes it may end up in absolute disaster where the person who tried to cteam their opponent gets demolished because running 2 pogres and an arc-electric isn't actually the smart play. Maybe the cteam works out just as planned, what an exciting and totally skill based game indeed! Yeah yeah, this is just a wild example that wouldn't normally go this far when people take the game seriously, but these type of things are more likely to take place when it's only 1 game. Literally take gen 7 viv, anyone remember what happened last agpl? Having teams weak to viv is not a crime, it is a crime to bring viv in a bo1 where you instantly win if your opponent has no check. It may be the players job to have a team that can handle just about everything (not possible), but you can't argue that a single game where someone wins instantly by sweeping with a mon the opponent can't stop is NOT FUN FOR ANYONE.

Hax:

Getting haxed is something that happens to all of us. I don't need to elaborate on this very much, but you are 100% fucked if you lose your single game you get to play because of rng. When you have a larger sample size, you have a chance to still win if you are the better player. I've played series where I got haxed to death but still won because it was a Bo3. Hax is less likely to happen in 3 games one-sidedly than it is in 1 game

The reason I favor Bo3 so much is because it is MORE competitive, it is MORE skill based, it is MORE exciting to watch, it is MORE.. well, it is more games actually... This understandably won't happen ever, but I'd want every single slot to be bo3 if it was possible

Assuming we can only do 6 slots, these would be my desirable slots while still being realistic and knowing people won't want all Bo3s lol

NatDex Bo3, NatDex Bo1, NatDex Bo1/Multigen, USUM Bo3, USUM Bo1, ORAS Bo1

I honestly would like an ORAS Bo3 but I understand many people are upset with the uncompetitive nature of the format. I personally
feel that ORAS is unexplored and that it takes more than running 3 ekillers a rai and 2 fillers to be a good ORAS player, it is simply easy to settle and play like this when all people say is "rai is broken ORAS sux Xd" without exploring the possible checks. No I'm not a genius ORAS player who knows everything but you have stalk and uturn and klefki and phazing and lum and other things that can stop this, people need to figure it out and build legitimate teams with actual checks to these big threats instead of complaining about losing ekiller speed ties ._.

BTW I don't believe AG has really any player base for Galar right now. Would it not just be just like.. pre dmax-ban Uber players dominating? Just my opinion I guess. I personally don't know how to play Galar even after learning all of the big threats and standard sets, probably because it's very hard to get the necessary games in to truly learn it without a ladder

I like the idea of Multigen and would be down to be a person who plays in that slot. Not much more I can comment, I think it's worth considering and I support it

S/o MDB for hating on NatDex. I would also rather have a Multigen > another NatDex Bo1 btw. Lets be real though, Pichus vs Ktut Bo1 or Bo3? Pretty obvious answer imo, the game quality improves when the level of play is at its highest. Bo3 should be all HL matches

But yeah, I'd like to discuss this Bo3 thing with anyone who disagrees for whatever reason. I mostly just think Bo3 is better competitively and from a hype/spectator standpoint. I don't know all of the arguments on why Bo1 is used over Bo3 (I don't particularly agree with the ones that I do know) and would like to talk about it. So, anyone, give me your thoughts I guess

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Hey.
the ag leadership has discussed all the points which were brought up here and we still have mixed views on few things but firstly id like to address the points which we're hard rejecting. the leadership has unanimously decided to not include a gen4 or gen5 ag slot. we cant really justify a gen4 or gen5 ag slot in a premier league since these 2 metas are extremely underdeveloped and very few users have shown interest in these formats. we simply dont think that its reasonable to remove a natdex/usum/oras/multigen slot for either of these. as for galar dex, we will not be including this in a 6 format pl for pretty much the same reason. but we're really set on giving this a slot in an 8 format pl. secondly, bo3 usum is also being rejected ( :blobsad: ) because it doesnt make much sense to give usum the spotlight over national dex (is the current gen) or multigen (multi gen means it cant be a bo1 lol). we understand that bo3s are generally more competitive, require more skill, are less hax based and less matchup based etc etc and people enjoy watching bo3s more. but premier leagues are mostly all bo1s with a single bo3 slot and thats what we plan to follow as well. that being said, please be informed that you're allowed to play a bo3 if you & your opponent agree to do so. this means that the format will be bo1 by default but the players can mutually agree to play a bo3 instead (it should clearly be stated in the scheduling posts before the series). oras bo3 has also been rejected because of the same reason (also oras bad xd). with this out of the way, ill talk about stuff which we still havent decided:

number of slots (6 slots vs 8 slots)

bo3 national dex ag / bo3 multigen ag
national dex ag
national dex ag
usum ag
usum ag
oras ag
this is what we're leaning towards for a couple of reasons. firstly, its no secret that AG does not have a massive playerbase. in case of a 6 format pl, the minimum number of players is around 50 (this is much easily doable compared to 60 players in an 8 format pl). this also ensures that only good players (less randoms) get drafted which in return guarantees better quality games. a drawback to this is that that we miss out on including a national dex/galar dex/multigen slot.

bo3 national dex ag
national dex ag
national dex ag
usum ag
usum ag
oras ag
galar ag
bo3 multigen ag
this covers almost everything which people have requested for but we're a bit worried since 60 decent players can be slightly harder to find especially with UPL going on at the same time. this gives a chance to newer players to shine (i personally do not agree with this since it might compromise with the quality of games. moreover, individual tours is where youre supposed to perform well in order to get picked for PLs, not the other way around lol).

another thing which I personally oppose (pigeons and ice have different opinions on this) is the inclusion of the bo3 multigen over the bo3 national dex ag slot. to begin with, there isnt even ONE top player who has competitively played all three generations. most people are either really good at 1 or 2 formats (nat dex + usum mostly) and havent played even a single oras game in their life (exaggeration, but you get the point). oras is disliked by majority of the playerbase from what ive noticed (for an unending list of reasons) and I dont think that people will be willing to play a format where the deciding game might just be a format which they've never played before seriously. while this does encourage the top players to possibly excel in all 3 gens by the time this tour ends, i personally wouldnt take out the time to learn a new format and at the same time focus on 2 other completely different ones. building 3 teams a week for 5 weeks is extremely tiring and i feel like it'd kinda 'ruin' THE HIGHLIGHT series of the round since you honestly just give up by week 4. the current top 6 players in national dex have been giving their A+ in all the ongoing tours and i feel like people would enjoy seeing them play a bo3 of national dex instead. i agree that national dex ag isnt the best format ever but please dont pretend like you wouldnt absolutely lose your minds if you saw bo3 matchups like ktut vs ice, bacon vs guardsweeper, bacon vs ice, guard vs ktut in back to back rounds. im convinced that opting for a bo3 national dex over multigen would guarantee 3 top quality series for every round. im also sure that seeing gen7/gen8 top players struggling in oras will be not enjoyable in any way. multigen does sound like a cool concept but it wouldve been much better if we actually had players who played all 3 generations but sadly its not the case for us. think im pretty convinced that multigen bo3 might work. i still think bo3 nat dex>multigen but thats mainly just personal bias

tldr;
- we cant decide if we want 8 slots or 6 slots.
- gen4 and 5 ag is cancelled.
- galar dex is cancelled for a 6 slot pl but is guaranteed in for an 8 slot one.
- we havent decided if we actually want a multigen bo3 over a nat dex bo3

thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
but please dont pretend like you wouldnt absolutely lose your minds if you saw bo3 matchups like ktut vs ice, bacon vs guardsweeper, bacon vs ice, guard vs ktut in back to back rounds
I don't have to, we've already seen these MUs multiple times, and personally they've had little to offer. There's just so few elite natdex players that we end up getting tons of repeat MUs, even this early on into gen 8, that I fail to get excited over the same thing. Additionally, natdex already lacks variety so ur just seeing the same shit play out. I don't get the reluctance for multigen, your concerns seem weird when the very positive you mentioned for natdex is guaranteed in multigen, absolutely fire MUs. Saying that no one who would play this format has experience in oras is dead wrong, you literally have Chloe and Pigeons right there, along with PG if he comes back for AGPL. The logic here is very faulty.

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
another thing which I personally oppose (pigeons and ice have different opinions on this) is the inclusion of the bo3 multigen over the bo3 national dex ag slot. to begin with, there isnt even ONE top player who has competitively played all three generations. most people are either really good at 1 or 2 formats (nat dex + usum mostly) and havent played even a single oras game in their life (exaggeration, but you get the point). oras is disliked by majority of the playerbase from what ive noticed (for an unending list of reasons) and I dont think that people will be willing to play a format where the deciding game might just be a format which they've never played before seriously. while this does encourage the top players to possibly excel in all 3 gens by the time this tour ends, i personally wouldnt take out the time to learn a new format and at the same time focus on 2 other completely different ones. building 3 teams a week for 5 weeks is extremely tiring and i feel like it'd kinda 'ruin' THE HIGHLIGHT series of the round since you honestly just give up by week 4. the current top 6 players in national dex have been giving their A+ in all the ongoing tours and i feel like people would enjoy seeing them play a bo3 of national dex instead. i agree that national dex ag isnt the best format ever but please dont pretend like you wouldnt absolutely lose your minds if you saw bo3 matchups like ktut vs ice, bacon vs guardsweeper, bacon vs ice, guard vs ktut in back to back rounds. im convinced that opting for a bo3 national dex over multigen would guarantee 3 top quality series for every round. im also sure that seeing gen7/gen8 top players struggling in oras will be not enjoyable in any way. multigen does sound like a cool concept but it wouldve been much better if we actually had players who played all 3 generations but sadly its not the case for us.
I think a BO3 multigen has more to offer for players and spectators over bo3 nat dex because of the lack of players who know all 3 generations, it encourages the manager to put the best natural player in the bo3 slot and encourages that player to play a tier they haven't before to learn it and win in the case of a best of 3. It creates matchups that you wont see in the regular circuit scene (in seasonals for example). I also think it encourages some players to play nat dex who might not have already played it, I'm not sure if people like Fardin or Hunterstorm have made any effort to play Nat dex but I could easily see them slotted into bo3 because they are both very capable players and builders of both Gen 6 and 7 AG, they would then be encouraged to at least play a little bit of Gen 8 which can make some more high level players pick it up and increase the size of the current gen playerbase rather than just slotting them into old gens in which case they don't have to touch nat dex at all.
On a personal note I'd lose my mind much more seeing matchups with Fardin, Thimo, Hunterstorm, Chloe, Pichus, all lined up in multigen slots than just seeing the best nat dex players week in week out knowing roughly who they are and that we are likely to see these matchups in seasonals anyway. More teambuilding more variety more fun for spectators in general.

Why is ORAS an extremely broken tier?
I don't think this is the right place to explain why ORAS is broken, but here it goes:
1)Darkrai

This is just broken. Since there is no Sleep Clause in AG, Rai can freely put all your mons to sleep with its 80% accurate Dark Void and set up a Substitute, so your own Rai can't put it to sleep. The fact that the most common Xern set is a ridiculous Choice Scarf set with only Moonblast and Sleep Talk screams how broken this is.

2)Klefki (and Prankster Swagger in general)

Swagger is 90% accurate in ORAS, this just makes the game less skill based and more RNG based. Klefki just uses Swagger, sets up a Substitute, and TWaves your mon or uses Double Team which decrease the chance of you getting to actually do anything. Let me remind you that this has Prankster. Uncompetitive.

3)Critical hits and damage rolls
These affected ORAS way more than they should. Just to give you some examples:
Without a crit:
+2 252 Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 238-282 (58.9 - 69.8%)
With a crit:
+2 252 Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal on a critical hit: 358-422 (88.6 - 104.4%)
Without a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 229-271 (60.1 - 71.1%)
With a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus on a critical hit: 345-406 (90.5 - 106.5%)
Without a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Groudon-Primal: 238-282 (58.9 - 69.8%)
With a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Groudon-Primal on a critical hit: 358-423 (88.6 - 104.7%)
All the OHKOs with crits are guaranteed with Stealth Rock up.
Critical hits and damage rolls do affect ORAS more than other formats yes, but I don't think I would really actually consider this as a negative/proof that ORAS is broken.

That being said, I think ORAS AG is a bit fun, but definitely broken, uncompetitive, and RNG based, so I think ORAS doesn't deserve a second slot in AGPL.

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
3)Critical hits and damage rolls

These affected ORAS way more than they should. Just to give you some examples:
Without a crit:
+2 252 Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 238-282 (58.9 - 69.8%)
With a crit:
+2 252 Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal on a critical hit: 358-422 (88.6 - 104.4%)
Without a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 229-271 (60.1 - 71.1%)
With a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus on a critical hit: 345-406 (90.5 - 106.5%)
Without a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Groudon-Primal: 238-282 (58.9 - 69.8%)
With a crit:
+2 252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Groudon-Primal on a critical hit: 358-423 (88.6 - 104.7%)
All the OHKOs with crits are guaranteed with Stealth Rock up.
I doubt anyone was seriously considering two ORAS slots, (Even I, ORAS fangirl Chloe, can see why it's a bad idea), but this is definitely not true in the slightest. You're reaching at straws here. You clearly haven't played ORAS if this is your opinion of how the metagame is. Darkrai's overpotence is an issue sure, but critical hits and damage rolls???? I've never heard this in my life LOL.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Thanks everyone for the input! Based on the suggestions here and some internal discussion, we've come up with the following structure for AGPL II.

Firstly, a number of people raised the possibility of 8 tier slots per team. If signups allow it, we will move forward with an 8 slot tournament. We think it would be great to have increased representation of both the formats AG has to offer as well as allowing more players to participate. Despite this, we also want to account for the possibility that we could get fewer signups than we hoped, resulting in a less competitive tournament. We will announce the number of team slots after roughly 1 week of player signups. This will allow us to gauge whether or not signups are at the level we hope they are. Just to keep everyone in the loop, we're looking for somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100-120 signups with many signups for each slot if we are to move forward with an 8 slot tournament. If we feel that the number of signups is insufficient or certain slots are not getting enough interest, then we will move forward with a 6 slot tournament instead.

Secondly, raising the number of slots per team also has implications for drafting, since teams will need to draft a minimum of 10 players instead of 8. If we choose to do an 8 slot tournament, the number of credits per team will be raised from 80k to 100k. The price for a manager to self-purchase will remain fixed at 15k regardless of the number of slots chosen for the tournament.

Lastly, here are the tier structures that AGPL II will use for both an 8 slot and 6 slot tournament! All slots are bo1 unless specified otherwise, though players are allowed to play a bo3 if they both agree to it.

8 Slots:
3 National Dex AG / 2 USUM AG / 1 ORAS AG / 1 Galar Dex AG / 1 multigen bo3 (National Dex / USUM / ORAS)

6 Slots:
2 National Dex AG / 2 USUM AG / 1 ORAS AG / 1 multigen bo3 (National Dex / USUM / ORAS)

Once again, thank you everyone for your input! Manager signups will be going up in a few days, so stay tuned for that. I hope everyone is looking forward to a great tournament!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)