AG Anything Goes Ladder Tournament V Playoffs - Rounds of 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor

(gorgeous art by Albinson)

This is a Type A tournament that will be included in the 2022 AG tournament circuit; learn more about it here.

After 2 weeks and 16 people qualifying, we've reached the playoffs phase of the AGLT! As a reminder, seeding was done with ELO being the main factor. Here are the current seeds:
1. Skarph - 2112
2. Skooma - 2028
3. Geysers - 2024
4. Guard - 2021
5. baconeatinassassin - 2007
6. thebestneverrest - 2007
7. AIsang - 2001
8. default0 - 1998
9. polt - 1992
10. Bread Sandwich - 1991
11. ADF Test - 1991
12. Opnoob 598 - 1990
13. Bunrphenix - 1986
14. lotiasite - 1985
15. 1729is56time - 1985
16. entrocefalo - 1983

Tournament rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The 2022 Anything Goes Circuit information can be found here.
  • Best of three, Double elimination.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown! or the SmogTours server
  • Sw/Sh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.

Rounds of 8

Winner's Bracket:

[1] Skarph vs default0 [8]
[15] 1729is56time vs Bread Sandwich [10]
[14] lotiasite vs ADF Test [11]
[4] Guard vs baconeatinassassin [5]

Loser's Bracket:

[16] entrocefalo vs polt [9]
[13] Bunrphenix vs Opnoob 598 [12]
[2] Skooma vs AIsang [7]
[3] Geysers vs thebestneverrest [6]

Given that this is a ladder tournament, tournament rules will be enforced. Any person found cheating will be subject to punishments.

Replays are mandatory.
Week deadline: Sunday, October 23rd at 11:59 PM GMT-4.
Extension deadline: Wednesday, October 19th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

If you have any questions or queries, hit me up on Pokemon Showdown, Discord, or on my Smogon Profile. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Hey just wanted to say sorry maybe i got a bit salty in the third game for a moment on that crit my bad please consider X( also thanks it was a great learning experience for me since it was my first ever aglt and s/o to baconeatinassassin you are always a great tutor to learn from boss and good luck to everyone for the upcoming rounds for the tournament. Have Fun! :blobnom:. Also huge s/o to Swas for helping me out so much with teambuilding tests and preparation sorry I couldn't do much but still a learner i will do better next time i promise! :)

Last edited:

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Can we please have a tour in this tier without a thread being consumed by people having a stupid back and forth?

If you want to dispute an activity call, do it without insulting your opponent. Don't engage in arguments with opponents from the prior week over activity calls in this thread.

Do not derail this thread again.

Fardin

Tournament Banned
since my traumatic experience with 1729is56time , i have to stand up for thee.

me and alsong never agreed to a day, but just weekends where he offered me 2 times for both those days. i agreed to one of those times thinking he would be free for both days and then didnt check the wall since then. but now that i didnt appear on saturday for one of the time he offered, he is all of a sudden busy on sunday now? coming from a ladder tour where he played like 200 games? and personally knowing that he is on ps like 24/7? this is a clear act fish from my opponents behalf, i urge the host to do something about this situation. i am a very busy business man and do not have time for these shenanigans. im sorry about the formatting i have to google the proper spelling of shananigans and it copied the format as well. again this is a clear act fish on my opponents behalf, i demand him to play on sunday cause not at once did i confirm saturday with him, nor did his first msg on my wall.

AIsang

Banned deucer.
1. I clearly stated on our scheduling post on smogon that "Cya on Saturday 8.30 pm (Gmt -4)", when you mentioned you wanted to play at 8.30 pm in the weekends. You never said anything after that. If you were unavailable to play at that time, you should have informed me.

2. I gave you 2 times because I had other plans for today. I wanted to make sure my other plans didn't coincide with our match time. You have not noticed this, but we are 12 hours apart,8.30 pm Saturday for you was 8.30 am Sunday for me.

3. Furthermore, I can't play at 8.30 pm or 9 pm tomorrow, your time, since it will be Monday morning for me and I have school at that time.

4. You are clearly at fault here for not showing up on the agreed time and for not being clear.

5. I would leave it for the host to decide, I followed all the scheduling rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)