Project Anything Goes Community Create-A-Team Season 2: Natdex AG (Week 2 Submission Phase)

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Well, you all voted, so our final version will be from Geysers! Congrats! Here it is:

:ss/zygarde-complete: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/gothitelle: :ss/yveltal: :ss/kyurem-white: :ss/marshadow:

And with this, our journey is at an end. This was my first project that I've hosted, and although I missed some days and made some errors, I had a blast, and I hope y'all did too. Don't be too sad though, as there's a whole other AG meta with Calyrex in it... Anyway, thank you all for this wonderful experience! :3

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Hello! AG CCAT is back for a season 2 and this time we're building a National Dex AG team!!!!!!!

Rules:
- Please refrain from posting bad or "gimmick" sets. Innovation is fine, but host reserves the right to exclude objectively bad sets from voting.
- When posting a Pokemon, post it with a moveset, and a few sentences of description on why you think it fits the team and why you chose the moveset you chose.
- When voting, you can only select one or two submissions. Explanations of votes are nice but not required.
- Feel free to discuss other submissions, but please only refute others' sets with solid reasoning (as opposed to "I hate Calyrex so I don't want to include it").

Submission phase for this round will end on 15th May Saturday.
Have fun!

:ss/rayquaza-mega: :ss/arceus: :ss/groudon-primal:

Senko

meow
is an Artist
Okay, so, I'm gonna start with our lord and savior of the best AG team style, Stored Power Espeon.
In all seriousness, National Dex AG gives quite a lot to work with and I think a very strong force in the tier we can build around is:

:ss/arceus-ground:
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

With all the :rayquaza-mega: and :zacian-crowned: running around, underrated offensive threats are everywhere. Arceus-Ground's Calm Mind set is definitely one of those and is a very strong sweeper in this meta. This Arceus form can rack up damage very fast by using defensive walls like other :arceus:, :yveltal:, and :necrozma-dusk-mane: as set-up fodder. Most variants of :groudon-primal: and :zygarde: are usually unable to eat a hit from boosted Judgement and Ice Beam, easily taking them out of the game in a single hit. Arceus's natural bulk and Recover also lets it have great longevity versus more offensive teams and subsequently remove those threats with its attacks.​

Last edited:
:ss/Rayquaza-Mega:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

While it's no longer the top dog in AG, I still feel like MRay is a fantastic threat to build around in NDAG. The Life Orb mixed set I've provided is extremely hard to switch into. Dragon Ascent still nearly 2HKOs everything that doesn't resist it when backed up by Life Orb, with common support Arcs having a 77% chance to be 2HKO'd before rocks. V-Create nails Necrozma-Dusk-Mane trying to switch into Dragon Ascent. Draco allows MRay to hit physically defensive Arcs and PDon's extremely hard without incurring the defense drops, as well as dropping Zygarde-Complete and unsuspecting MRays. Extreme Speed helps pick off foes weakened by the other 3 moves and allows MRay to revenge kill most of the tier reliably once they are chipped. Even when it's no longer the best, MRay still finds way to cleave through stall while being a major nuisance opposing offense.

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Disable
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage

i mentioned that i didn't get to showcase this set in natdex wc but i made it and i think it is very cool! sub disable is essentially sub seed but not as good against yveltal but way better against a lot of other things. you counter a lot of things you wouldn't think otherwise, like sd ekiller (only if two attack), cm refresh arc, other judgment-only arcs (like darkceus!), tarrows-only zygarde (!!!). it is fairly untested but i think it's a cool set if u predict correctly (e.g. coming in against ekiller sd or espeed and winning). the evs lets spdef yveltal uturn and etern mystical fire not break sub. not sure if u actually beat yveltal or not but im assuming you do vs something like knock/uturn, which is probably the most common. i reckon it requires some support to bring in properly and is also quite innovative to build around!

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
we have 3 very cool submissions for first slot, lets vote and find out what we're going to build around.
remember to vote for just one of these!

:ss/arceus-ground:
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
:ss/rayquaza-mega:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
:ss/Calyrex-Shadow:
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage

deadline is 23rd of May. HF

pichus

OMPL Champion
congrats to lotiasite on winning with their Calyrex-SR submission.

:ss/Calyrex-Shadow:
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage

threatening sweeper for sure, but he needs teammates to win games!! for week 2, submit mons which work well with the big bad set-up sweeper of natdex ag!

deadline - 28th May Friday
hf

:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 24 Spe
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

Any good current AG team has to use a Yveltal. It has become required to deal with Calyrex-Shadow like the one we just decided on. Since the Calyrex set we decided on is more of a balance/stall breaker set, I feel the team will most likely fit into the Bulky Offense archetype. Yveltal on BO normally run a Specially Defensive set to deal with Calyrex. Foul Play is here to deal damage and punish Zacian trying to switch in. U-turn to preserve momentum and get out of bad situations. Roost and Defog are the standard support moves to help out Yveltal and its team. 24 Speed IVs allows Yveltal to almost always get the slower U-turn in Yveltal mirror matches.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
If we're looking to pressure things like tarrows zyg, mono judge arc, yvel, etc with the Calyrex-S set, then I think a good next addition to the team would be something that adds even more pressure to those mons while loving them being gone.

:ss/groudon-primal:
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 36 Def / 8 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

The offense rocks set gives both early rocks support for the team as well as a strong breaker that takes advantage of the breaking Disable Calyrex-S can do on those threats mentioned. This also gives a soft check to things like Zacian-C, Pogre, and just a general breaker with how strong SD makes it, so I think later pokemon added can also benefit from what it does defensively to ease up on max bulk themselves like DD NDM for example. I think pdon just makes a really strong partner overall, not 100% sure if this is the best set for the job but I like it as a mon here and bulky SD gets the job done.

Hgssanta

Banned deucer.
When one thinks offensive pressure, One thinks to force a two pronged attack upon the opponent, forcing them to make unfavourable moves and taking advantage of mispredicts. I think the only pokemon capabale of this two-pronged attack along with Calyrex-shadow is none other than Zacian-Crowned.These two synergistically decimate each other's checks, with Zacian ending Tyranitar, Arceus-Dark and scaring out Yveltal, while Calyrex threatens Primal Groudon, Necrozma Dusk-Mane and Quagsire. This Pokemon forms a beautifully crafted attack with Calyrex-Shadow that most cannot stand up to. When look at the Sub Disable variant, one can clearly say it needs a turn to set up substitute before it can accomplish anything noteworthy. For this position of giving Calyrex-Shadow a free turn, Zacian-Crowned is simply the best option available. It forces in Necrozma Dusk-Mane or Quagsire and if a double switch is made to Calyrex-Shadow, it gets a free turn to set up a sub, because it scares those Pokemon to death. Another thing to note is that Zacian-Crowned can deal with most variants of Normal Extreme Killer, thus removing a potential roadblock to Calyrex-Shadow's sweep
Here's the set:

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Behemoth Blade
- Assurance / Wild Charge / Swords Dance

Substitute is essential to bait Dynmax from the dangerous Normal Type Extreme Killer. If this is successfully pulled off, then even Dynmax cannot stop Calyrex-Shadow from ravaging teams. It also can force double switches and rack up stealth rock chip if the rocks are layed down.

Pokemh

Banned deucer.
:ss/(Marshadow:
Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Calyrex-Shadow really wants dynamax gone to help against support arceus. With a breaker most players aren’t prepping for your most likely forcing dynamax on most of the meta so calyrex can’t come in for free fearing bug z or LO draining kiss with darkceus or yveltal forcing fast naturally bulky mons that aren’t safely ohkoed by astral like zacian and getting sneak chip is also key for some end games. You also get to scout for ada or jolly mray which makes it much easier for your support arceus to handle and forces them to show the item so you can safely click astral if it isn't revealing life orb meaning sash or scarf mray.

+1 252+ Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Water: 355-418 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eternatus: 532-627 (110.6 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Marshadow Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Yveltal: 324-382 (71.2 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 427-504 (101.6 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)