Project Anything Goes Community Create-A-Team Season 2: Natdex AG (Week 2 Submission Phase)

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Hewo fwens! This is the final week of our CCAT, and as my first project where ive been host, I have to say it's been very fun to do! However, we still have some things to do to build the best possible team! On a sidenote, huge gz to Fc for winning with your submission of Marshadow! Here's our completed team as of now:

:ss/zygarde-complete: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/gothitelle: :ss/yveltal: :ss/kyurem-white: :ss/marshadow:

Now it's time to fix issues our team has. Here's how it'll work :
In this stage, you can suggest changes which can make the team much more better and solid. You can suggest to change the EVs, Sets or even the Pokemon itself. Explanation for the new Pokemon/Set/EVs would be appreciated, however it's not compulsory. Please include a Pokepaste of your team, or I will not include your submission. Make sure to not completely remake the team into something unrecognizable.

Submission deadline is April 7th at 10pm gmt-4

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/f76440f76c305fe1
Changes:
  • Removed the Zygarde nickname
  • Replaced Thunder Wave on Necrozma-DM with Earthquake in order to help the otherwise extremely iffy Zekrom matchup
  • Replaced Knock Off with Foul Play on Yveltal to more effectively pressure Zacian-C while also deterring opposing Zygarde from setting up
  • Switched Yveltal to 25 speed ivs in order to uturn slower than most other yveltals
  • Switched Kyurem-W to Utility Umbrella so that it actually beats Kyogre, and doesn't lose to Scarf Ogre after rocks.
  • Fixed Kyurem-W's evs so it can actually do the above more reliably, by using the optimal sample evs from Smogon
  • Made Marshadow Jolly because the team is woefully lacking speed control, and having at least one Pokemon that can threaten modest eternatus is a must.
  • Switched Marshadow to Bulk Up from Rock Tomb because otherwise the team is insanely passive and can't really pressure spdef eternatus at all.
Hopefully these are all pretty straightforward and make sense :blobthumbsup:

I'm pretty new to pokemon showdown so forgive me for asking something dumb. What's the purpose of gothitelle? Doesn't it just burden the team? Probably just me. I'd rather have zacian rather than gothitelle. Don't bully me XD

I'm pretty new to pokemon showdown so forgive me for asking something dumb. What's the purpose of gothitelle? Doesn't it just burden the team? Probably just me. I'd rather have zacian rather than gothitelle. Don't bully me XD
gothitelle can trap deffensive or setup mon and use taunt to prevent them from using stealth rock or recovering health with healing move.

gothitelle can trap deffensive or setup mon and use taunt to prevent them from using stealth rock or recovering health with healing move.
Isnt it useless if the opponent's team is offensive? I'm currently climbing ladder but gothitelle isnt helping much mainly because they hardly ever use mons like ferrothorn or necrozma-dusk.

Isnt it useless if the opponent's team is offensive? I'm currently climbing ladder but gothitelle isnt helping much mainly because they hardly ever use mons like ferrothorn or necrozma-dusk.
Hello, as you can see there is trick on the goth, so the main purpose is to trap mons like ndm or chansey, lock it onto a move, and spam cosmic till it struggles. Its not useless on an offensive team for it cripples defensive mons. Ur problem with not seeing ndm is very confusion due to ndm being the biggest check to zacian, which is one of the biggest problems for teams. Also try to post submissions for ccat and maybe ask this somewhere else. Thx

baconeatinassassin

smile!
is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
zygarde-complete.gifnecrozma-duskmane.gifgothitelle.gifyveltal.gifferrothorn.gifzacian.gif

click sprites for paste

Major changes

:ferrothorn::kyurem-white:

You know what, WSun1? In retrospect, I think you were probably right with that Ferrothorn call.

The community seems pretty resistant to the idea of Eternatus and attempting to check Specs Kyogre, and Zygarde wants something other than Dusk-Mane that can abuse Xerneas, so Ferrothorn seems like a good fit. It still is able to exert a lot of pressure on the opponent via Spikes and Leech Seed, checks many Kyogre sets just as well as Kyurem-W does, and appreciates the support Gothitelle provides trapping Ho-oh & Eternatus. If we decide we end up not liking the choiced Kyogre matchup now, we can use Utility Umbrella, although the loss of Leftovers sucks quite a bit.

:zacian::marshadow:

Between Gothitelle, Spikes Ferrothorn, trapper Zyg and Yveltal, I think the team has enough breaking power as is, which opens up other speed control options instead of Marshadow. I think Scarf Zac-H is the best fit for its ability to threaten and revenge kill Yveltal, which causes a headache otherwise, as well as Marshadow, +2 Zekrom, and weakened Groudon and Xerneas.

:gothitelle: @ :leftovers::choice_scarf:

I would have also replaced this if I could, but the idea I had would ultimately end up becoming its own separate team rather than a polished version of this one. Sorry for screwing it up Week 3. Anyways, now that we have Spikes Ferrothorn to pressure defensive Kyogre, scarf Gothitelle can go in favour of the regular PP stall set, more reliably trapping things like Eternatus, Necrozma-DM, and Ho-oh with the aid of pressure from Ferrothorn. The only benefit to keeping the original set that I can think of is Dragon Tail Zygarde, which is pretty uncommon, and Substitute can be used to block Dragon Tail if we really want to anyways (at the expense of the Dynamax Cannon Eternatus or Ho-oh matchup, which is not worth it imo). The EVs allow it to outspeed most slow base 90s like Ho-oh, Kyogre, and opposing Zygarde-Cs creeping for the 220 benchmark, with the rest being dumped into Defense. While the loss of Defense from the standard set isn't great vs Necrozma-DM, 4/5ths of rest of the team beats it anyways, with one of Thousand Waves Zygarde's main targets being DM.

Minor changes

:yveltal:

Groudon is a pretty big problem, which fast Foul Play Yveltal helps alleviate. It's by no means a perfect solution, but it helps a lot, and in conjunction with Scarf Zacian should be adequate. Taunt slots nicely onto fast Yveltal, which comes with the ability to prevent other Defoggers from removing the hazards that DM and Ferrothorn put up, as well as other status moves in general. While Knock Off would be nice, the team has adequate counterplay to most Boots users anyways.

:necrozma-dusk-mane:

Knock Off removing Boots is very helpful for Ferrothorn. Zekrom is another large threat, as Geysers pointed out, so Earthquake can also be used to prevent Necrozma-DM from being setup fodder and gives it the potential to 1v1, but Knock Off + Zac-H is fine enough counterplay in my eyes. The speed investment isn't necessary without Thunder Wave. Heavy-Duty Boots is also something to consider with Spikes Ferrothorn, but Rocky Helmet can get important chip for Zacian and Zygarde-C is a pretty decent secondary check to opposing Zacian-C anyways.

It was pretty fun participating in this CCAT, and it's good to see that the final product ended up better than previous ones (I hope). Thanks everyone :]

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
er before anyone says anything, im aware there are a lot of changes and will probably not go through since a lot of em are all tied together as far as team synergy goes so they all have to be implemented to stay good. I was under the assumption that bacon's post was the one the community submitted cause of how nice the format was so my changes would only get rid of 3 pokemons, but it turned out to be 4. ;;;;;;;;;;;;; im posting it cause too much effort went into to just let it die sorry kate.

First two would be
quagsire.gif
necrozma-duskmane.gif
and
ferrothorn.gif
zygarde-complete.gif

Haze quag + physical def curse ferro with srock. This change allows the team to wall Zacian + Zekrom+ lame outrage NDM + all DD zyg (including dtail which the current team had problems against) with an emergency Haze user which I find crucial to have on passive teams. This change brings along many good things but also bad ones like SD groudon and etc, but with the next couple of changes, everything will make more sense.
Next one would be
blissey.gif
kyurem-white.gif

Except for the sheer cold immunity, kyurem did not make much sense to me to this team. with blissey, this brings in the best poger check in the meta, with an additional check to offensive LO Etern which the team had a problem with, while also allowing it to have a cleric which I see as a broken element these days on passive squads like this + a much needed reliable xern check as well.

The Quag + Ferro core over NDM + Zyg raised one big weakness to the team in SD don tho as mentioned earlier.

Changing the current Yve set to the one below makes things easier for the team against it. I also did not find taunt that useful with a goth already on the team.

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 220 HP / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost

The last big difference would be
zacian-crowned.gif
marshadow.gif

A fast taunt Yve simply 6-0d this team on preview and there is literally 0 wall to Zacian + goth in the meta except for some lame shed shell NDM. with Goth + Zacian, I genuinely think there is 0 need for any more offensive threats. This also brings an additional xern check which is always really good to have.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough
- Sleep Talk

Looks weird but I did some calcs and zac needs legit 0 EV to 2ko/ohko some big threats such as bulky ete+yve or max def Kyogre after rock. with fire fang rounding it out as an okay coverage with not many side effects + goth literally being the best partner with it walling everything in existence, this set is the most ideal one it can have imo. The only cons I see with these changes is that the team is way more suspectable to sheer cold, but thats one thing I just could not really figure out.

ik that this is a lot of change but just wanted to share my thoughts on how the team could be improved and hopefully given u guys some cool ideas in the meantime.

paste: https://pokepast.es/46ffe54d1e1afc1a

Replace Marshadow with Shuckle and replace Kyurem-W with Eternatus.

Have the Shuckle with this:

were da plastic at (Shuckle) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Have the Eternatus with this:

sleep paralysis (Eternatus) @ Power Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Wave

Then, only then, will the team be perfect.

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Hi y'all, and welcome to the final voting stage! It's been quite the journey, huh? Anyway, here are our submissions!

o_o0_0O_Ox_x's updates lack a paste and will therefore be disqualified

NomNom414's update doesn't actually change the original team

So those are our three submissions! Please vote for just One that isn't your own! Have fun!

Voting deadline is April 9th at 10pm gmt-4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)