SV OU Any help is appreciated

First team I've made, any help is appreciated.

:sv/chien-pao:
Chien-Pao @ Life Orb
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Spinner
- Tera Blast

I normally use Chien-Pao to stop sweeps or for a quick pick. I don't normally use tera on this one but if I know the opponent is going to use a fighting move I might turn ghost to predict it. Normally I don't feel the need to swords dance but sometimes it is nice if you know they are going to switch, sucker punch is for the priority + stab, I generally prefer ice spinner over icicle crash because of the accuracy despite it being less useful, and tera blast is mostly a filler move.

:sv/skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Slack Off
- Torch Song

Skeledrige is what i can switch in to most pokemon and know it will tank a couple shots, that combined with unaware and slack-off make it very difficult to kill even with set-up, and torch song makes it an offensive threat as well. I find hex combos well with Glimmora, and will-o-wisp makes it even harder to kill. choose ghost tera mostly to have an extra damage boost if I ever need it.

:sv/roaring moon:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Iron Head
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Roaring moon is just a standard sweeper, it doesn't require much set-up and deals enough damage to one-shot most things. I chose a tera type of steel to combat any toxic stalling or fairy types as well as add stab for iron-head. I use acrobatics because it combos well with booster energy and deals a surprising amount of damage, along with earthquake as it provides some coverage as well as being probably the most reliable move in the game. I mostly chose iron head to kill fairies and because I didn't love other moves in it's moveset.

:sv/glimmora:
Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Venoshock
- Earth Power

I mostly use glimmora as an offensive pivot, it's high special attack is forgotten by most people and it can reliably get a kill or two while setting up toxic spikes. I chose tera type as flying to predict ground moves which usually helps me get an extra kill as most don't expect it. I chose venoshock over sludge wave because combos well with toxic debris and deals more damage then most expect, along with power gem and earth power as coverage moves.

:sv/quaquaval:
Quaquaval @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Step
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird

I normally lead with Quaquaval if the opponent starts with the wrong pokemon it can be game over as not a lot survives two aqua steps leading to many easy wins. I chose ground to predict any electric moves especially from iron hands. Aqua step is my go to move on this pokemon because of the damage plus set-up potential with moxie. Aqua jet is there in-case i ever need a priority move, and close combat and bravebird are just some coverage moves.

:sv/maushold:
Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- U-turn
- Bite
- Tidy Up

Maushold is what i use when everything else fails, if you get a tidy up off there are not many things that can survive a population bomb, although it is a bit unreliable as a sweeper. Tera type is normal just to increase the damage of population bomb if needed, although i rarely find it necessary. I chose population bomb for obvious reasons, it always seems to do more damage than expected, a move equivalent to 300 base power is always welcome. I chose bite because it benefits from technician and the flinch chance is nice. U-turn if I ever need to switch and tidy up to add to it's sweeping ability.

I normally lead with Quaquavel and use glimmora as a pivot

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi TheNoobLord, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)