Walrus Another Walrus Rerun (11/21) #1 winners: Joddy(1st), Texas(2nd) ,Chapter Seven (3rd), Schia (4th)

Another Walrus approved by Duskfall98

Welcome to yet another Walrus. (Song Selection Competition if you’re from dial up internet era)
This is a fairly standard walrus with 10 categories with most categories being scored out of 10 and averaged before winners are declared.
It is mandatory to have a discord account, DM your submissions here on smog PMs.
Not much else to add, on to the categories we go!

Categories
1) You’re getting Rickrolled… And you’ll LIKE IT
Songs which have become comic caricatures of their original selves be it due to interpretation of imagery or lyrics by the public. Every song can be turned into a meme but I'm looking for the breakout viral ones. Going mainstream is the wave for this category.
Examples: Never Gonna Give You Up- Rick Astley, Smash Mouth - All Star

2) :o
Wait.. Why does this sound so upbeat..? Someone singing a song about some really sad moments in an upbeat presentation or vice versa? You're playing the right track. I'm looking for songs whose lyrics and delivery of vocals seem to be at complete odds with the accompanying instruments but still somehow work together. Covers won't be counted.
Examples: Runaround Sue- Dion, Mack The Knife- Bobby Darin

3) Shooting the Wind
Songs about.... Nothing! Songs which have no clear interpretation or songs about a simple day in life.
Examples: Piano Man - Billy Joel, Do It Again - Steely Dan

4) The Daughter of Time
They say Truth is the daughter of father time. As unchanging as time, looking for songs which tell of a tale already written, set in stone with some significance to human history.
Examples:Ohio-Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Zombie - The Cranberries

5) Catharsis
Making music or listening to it is a means of catharsis for many. I'm looking for songs which feature those parts of our life and aid to release strong or repressed emotions, positive and negative, due to circumstances around us.
Examples: Amy Winehouse - Back To Black, Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit

6) [Redacted]
What’s this category about? Well that’s for you to find out! For this submission you’ll need to submit a small description of what the category is along with your song.
Examples: Beautiful Ones - Suede, Born This Way - Lady Gaga

7) Dance (with decorum!)
Planning to head down to the club to go wild and dance to some beats?? Have fun! Just don't submit the kind of songs you'd find playing there. I'm looking for songs to which people can groove with ease and grace, with class and etiquette.
Examples: That's The Way Of The World - Earth, Wind & Fire, Save The Last Dance For Me - The Drifters

8) I've fallen for you... And I can't get up:
Keep those towels by the bed stand handy. I'm looking for passionate songs celebrating love and harmony and all the warm and fuzzy feelings that come with it.
Examples: Beast Of Burden - The Rolling Stones, Because the Night- Patty Smith Group

9) Legendary
Rarely do musicians ever break out of the trends that influence them. Rarely does someone make something that is so detached from their presumed influences that it seems like it's not derivative of anything at all for its time. Often Imitated, never duplicated, their then unique sound in defiance of the normal is remembered, revered and immortalized today. The trendsetters, the trailblazers, the ensuing legends... put them all here.
Examples: Kashmir - Led Zeppelin, Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Stuff you should read

I)Scoring Process
Category Fit: +4. I like it: +5. Haven't heard it before: +1.

II)Take II
Everyone will have a chance to change any one of their songs from :o and onwards until three days from the date of reveals. Anyone who gets a 9 or above in any category will have an additional chance (once only regardless of how many 9+ scores you get).

III) Don't be basic #1
You may not submit works of artists seen in the sample songs for that category, i.e. don't submit Queen or Led Zeppelin tracks for Legendary but you may submit their works for other categories. Also, you may not submit the same artist's works more than once, be it as their own song, or a feature (performing) on another track.

IV) Don't be basic #2
Everyone who submits the exact same song gets scored a zero for that category.

Prize(!!):
Finally, the winner gets a $50 Amazon Gift Card. I hope everyone has fun!

Signups last two weeks, which is also the deadline to submit your songs. Reveals begin October first week. All reveals will be on weekends 9PM.

Participants:
RBY
Litt Eleven
Schiavetto
OM
C7
PassTheSaltDude
Zorquax
Shubaka17
Sultanofskook
Bloodyrain1001
Aladyyn
Shadecession
Andy Snype
Abdelrahman
Spiderz
Da Letter El
Texas Cloverleaf
Josefienders
Chapter Seven
Gimm1ck
FTF
Ayia
Tbz

RERUN: CATEGORIES+RULES WILL BE OVERHAULED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS PROBABLY

Last edited:
OK we've hit the cap. Everyone who isn't in the server linked in the OP please join it.
I'm not taking subs but if there's more people who /in here and someone doesn't submit I'll let them know so you should join the server too.
And naturally people who want to spectate are welcome :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)