Dorron's Rickroll Thread (RIP 2021-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Welcome, fellow Smogoons. I'm sure you like shiny things, don't you? So do I! I'm talking about badges, in case you didn't realize yet. In this short (30k-35k characters) tutorial, I'll show you the easiest way to get a scroller (8 badges) in less than a year! The only previous step we must have completed is pretty simple...
Please see last post

You just got RickrolledYou just got RickrolledYou just got Rickrolled
All of the above is bullshit, this is just a new Rickroll thread! I thought about doing this in the other thread so it didn't die, but it was so good that I couldn't edit it, so here we are again!

You may be asking what's the title and the first lines for. You want an answer, I'll give you an answer. If you wanted to rickroll a friend by Discord, the title of the thread would pop up and the rickroll would be ruined. However, this is no more! I will be changing the title of the thread and the first lines each few weeks in order to update your friends to the best thread in Smogon. Just don't rickroll them more than once in the same title so they don't think you are an idiot. Now you don't have to rewrite anything, just copy and paste!

As I did in the other thread, I am tagging DYA so he is rickrolled for sure. And thanks Smogoff moderators for being rickrolled aswell :)

Announcement - Replacing Official Ladder Tournament with a potential new tournament

Hi everyone. The OU council has decided to completely erase the Official Ladder Tournament from the OU Circuit. As the OU Circuit has suffered different changes since its introduction a few years ago, such a drastic decission had never been taken before. However, we feel this is the best for the tier's sake and we strongly believe that the future of...
Share your thoughts about your new username
With the arrival of the 12 Days Likes Shop, a lot of people decided to adquire a Mystery Box just to find themselves with a changed username (just like me). This is the thread in which you can make laugh of other people's new names or praise them if you feel it. Also remember that this is all with respect and no malicious attacks will be tolerated.
Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread
Welcome to Smogon, the premier competitive battling Pokemon website! If you're new to the forums or competitive battling in general and looking for help on how things work around here, feel free to ask any questions you have in this thread.

Please keep in mind that this is not an introduction thread, so do include relevant queries in your posts.
Announcement - National Dex Suspect Test 13: Angel Wings

:ss/tornadus-therian:
Hello everyone! It's been a few days since last metagame survey results were made public, and we've heard you, so the National Dex council will be suspecting Tornadus-Therian (you will have news about Dragapult soon aswell).

Reasoning
Tornadus-Therian was banned long back agowhen the metagame wasn't that developed as it is nowadays...
Approved by EviGaro, cohosted with Expulso

Artwork by Brumirage. Thank you so much!

Welcome to the Old Gens RU Cash Tournament! This is a BW/ORAS/SM RU Tournament which aims to introduce more people to these tiers. The first tier of the round will be specified when the new round thread is posted, the loser of the game will choose the second tier and the third game will be played...​
The Ultimate Pokemon Wordle
Hey guys, I've been working lately on a Pokemon based Wordle which takes it much further. You can edit the parameters you want to play with, which are Generation, Types, Height, Weight, Number of Weaknesses, Number of Resistances, Catch Rate, Base Stats, number of letters its name has and a lot more! You can customize them...
Smogoff After Dark / Videogame quotes
We all love videogames, don't we? They have their good and bad moments, great soundtracks, beautiful landscapes, horrible graphics (yeah we talking about you Pokemon Sword trees) and unforgetable characters. Yeah, those who told you something you won't ever forget because of how hard they hit you while playing. And that's what this thread is for! Leave here those lines your favourite characters ever said while playing...
Pet Mod - Modern RBY
Approved by Yoshiblaze, banner needed
Run by Lalaya and ironwater

Welcome to the Modern Gen 1 Pet Mod! In this Pet Mod you will be able to use your favourite modern Pokemon in a Gen 1 mechanics metagame, with different move effects, type chart and strategies! We have our website in which you can take a look to...​
How to avoid being rickrolled

Scared of Rickrolls? You can no longer click on a thread fearing the famous pop singer just waiting for you? Tired of seeing again and again the same GIF everywhere? Well, that's no more. Here you have a tutorial to get rid of stupid Smogon members who think your suffering is pleasant or anything like that. Keep in mind that practice makes perfect, so you might fail a couple times, but no more! Thanks to everyone who has helped me to draft this tutorial and...
Season 33 (Week 6 [ORAS OU #2])
Post "in" to participate. Be aware that you can only join two tours this week!

- This tournament will be held on the official Smogon Tournament server at http://smogtours.psim.us/.
- Send a PM to "Dorron" on SmogTours when you win your match. Do **NOT** PM the host if you lost.
- **I PREFER BEING PMed ON SmogTours, SO DO IT THERE IF YOU CAN INSTEAD OF ON DISCORD.**

Additionally, please note that today's tour is ORAS OU! The current banlist on Smogon University is in effect.

General Smogon Tour rules:
  • You must have a Smogon forum account to sign up for a Smogon Tour tournament. You cannot participate if you do not post in this thread.
  • When this tour is posted, post as quickly as you can to ensure a place in the tournament. The number of spots available will vary from week to week, and it is up to the discretion of the host on when sign-ups will be closed. On Xenforo (our current forum software), YOUR POST NUMBER IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE. Do NOT whine to the host or on SmogTours if your post number implies you should have been in the tournament and you are not.
  • Substitute players will only be applied in the first round and as deemed necessary by the host.
  • If you have signed up successfully, you must stay for the entire tournament unless you have lost.
  • You may change teams between rounds without penalty. You are, in fact, encouraged to do so to prevent your opponents from knowing your team in advance.
  • You may only participate in two Smogon Tour tournaments per week. For example, if you play on Friday and Saturday, you are not allowed to play on Sunday. If you do, your results will be null and void and you will LOSE points.
Announcement - Adding ORAS to Classic
Hello everyone. Following the Tournament Policy thread regarding the fact that ORAS might end up with no tour representation once Gen 9 arrives, the Tournament Directors team has already taken a decission we strongly believe will satisfy most parts involved in the tournaments scene. We are totally aware of it might not being a perfect solution, but it's the best we've managed to come up with after reading what people think and personally asking experienced tournament players...
Proposal - Implementing Freeze Clause to Every Generation
This thread wasn't intended at first, but given the the support of the previous Freeze Clause thread, the Tiering Policy Council is all in agreement that this thread was required for further discussion. We've talked to every single OU council and now we want to hear the thoughts of the community once more. Additionally, we'd also encourage you...
About C&C in Generation 9
The C&C leaders have been discussing internally about the future of the section in the next generation and how the potential DLCs will shake once again our efforts, so we'll try to sort this out as soon as possible to make the section as accessible as possible for new people.

For those who live under a rock, Gamefreak introduced the first DLCs of the franchise in their last main games in Sword and Shield, which included a lot of new obtainable Pokemon which made previously made analysis become useless and a waste of time for those who really invested time...
[Announcement] - UU Alpha is delayed
Greetings! As Marty's thread pointed out, UU Alpha was supposed to be released today after November usage stats were obtained. However, the Tiering Admins have reached out to us and let us know that a flaw in the algorith that compiles the usage data for OU has made this task impossible to get done. This is being worked on and we haven't been given an estimation of when will this be solved, so we'll have to wait undefinitely until the problem is fixed. Please be patient with our voluntary contributors who are doing their best to keep the site running fluently and...
12 Days of Dorron is back! [CURRENTLY CLOSED]
art by some quote generator

12 Days of Likeshop
Welcome to 12 Days of Likeshop, the latest instalment of shops that are either powerful or shady, focused on spending your hard-earned likes for some fun changes on the forums. To not overstay its welcome the shop will only be open for 12 days, keeping in line with the traditional period of time around this time of year. This also means that almost all your purchases will only last for its duration, because who wants to be stuck as a kilo of cocaine for all eternity? Now then, let's get in to some terms and conditions of this fine establishment:...

Last edited:

nya

<3
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
I didn't read this thread at all, but I'd like to propose that we replace OLT with something I like to call the Bidoof ❤ Princess Invitational.

Idk how to play Pokemon so I haven't figured out the tournament rules yet but we can do that after it launches. What's important is that the tournament stops celebrating whatever stinky bullshit it does right now and instead celebrate the world's objectively best smogon user (me).

Thank you for considering my proposal, I hope to see this implemented into the OU Circuit in the next 3-4 business days.

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
I didn't read this thread at all, but I'd like to propose that we replace OLT with something I like to call the Bidoof ❤ Princess Invitational.

Idk how to play Pokemon so I haven't figured out the tournament rules yet but we can do that after it launches. What's important is that the tournament stops celebrating whatever stinky bullshit it does right now and instead celebrate the world's objectively best smogon user (me).

Thank you for considering my proposal, I hope to see this implemented into the OU Circuit in the next 3-4 business days.
As a fellow Bidoof lover, I totally support this

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

I can get behind this if you change the name to BP invitational

Last edited:

Grillo

⭐⭐⭐
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Ban

Grillo

⭐⭐⭐
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
RODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

I was playing Futbolito and out of nowhere the game glitched during a penalty shootout. Piguel Porron appeared out of nowhere, took my pen and skied it. Thanks to him, I’m out of liga de futbolito and was relegated to second division. Shame on you Porron!

Every thing someone wants to ban/replace a tournament, it's getting tiring. Just ban everything then we can play the game and not waste our time talking shit at each others please.

The more we go, the more people want to standardize everything and kill creativity in the game (Maybe because most players nowadays doesn't really play the game for the competition but more for talking with friends / searching social validation).

I dont have a decisive opinion on OLT, nor do I care about a replacement or not, but I know one thing, if people just played the game instead of whining every 5 minutes those kind of problems wouldnt arise. So do whatever you want, I couldnt care less, since I play the game I'll do with or without. Enjoy toying with the rules if that's all you can do in this game.

( Sorry if you feel attacked, I'm just pissed off that people nowdays are just about show and willingness to be glorified on Discord / Forums and try that even by making the most flashy demand in Policy forums instead of playing the game and thinking more rationally )

Have a good day

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
Thread updated! To be honest I just updated it to rickroll some specific people. It appears that LBDC was the first to fall for it :)

Anyways, why don't we use the thread for questions that will not have an answer in a 200 years period?
I'll start with: Is there life in other planets? I really think so but it will be so hard to prove it. Most of them are like light years away from us.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Thread updated! To be honest I just updated it to rickroll some specific people. It appears that LBDC was the first to fall for it :)

Anyways, why don't we use the thread for questions that will not have an answer in a 200 years period?
I'll start with: Is there life in other planets? I really think so but it will be so hard to prove it. Most of them are like light years away from us.
1641416600662.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)