SV OU Anihilape semi-stall

Hello all! With the new meta seeming more offensive than ever, stall is seeming like a nice option. However, it can be too passive to beat some of the insane new offensive threats introduced, so I decided to build around anihilape, an absolutely devastating mon under the right conditions. So, let’s get into the team!

Paste: https://pokepast.es/224562e9289e67aa

Annihilape @ Leftovers

Ability: Defiant

Tera Type: Water

EVs: 220 HP / 64 Def / 128 SpD / 96 Spe

Careful Nature

- Drain Punch

- Rage Fist

- Bulk Up

- Taunt

Anihilape is the main offensive threat on our team, and he is incredibly powerful, because only one Pokémon, Hisuian Zoroark, resists both of his stabs, and he’s not even in the game yet! The set was copied directly from Emvee’s video, but I feel it did not need to be changed for this team. I am running leftovers and taunt over chesto berry and rest to insure I can break through walls who want to status me and stay alive for longer without having to risk the chance of not waking up. Tera water is to counter palafin and other Pokémon trying to hit it with a super effective attack.

Garganacl @ Leftovers

Ability: Purifying Salt

Tera Type: Flying

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Careful Nature

- Salt Cure

- Body Press

- Iron Defense

- Recover

Garganacl serves as the perfect complementary piece to anihilape , able to absorb statuses and ghost type moves that give it trouble. It also serves as another sweeper that can destroy unprepared teams. Leftovers over boots because gargancl doesn’t take much damage from hazards anyways, and leftover would heal it all back, while also allowing him to win crucial 1v1s. Other than that, the set is very standard. Tera flying for ground type moves, such as headlong rush.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Pressure

Tera Type: Dark

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Body Press

- Roost

- Defog

- U-turn

As our team is semi-stall, I wanted to incorporate some of the best defensive Pokémon in the tier, and corviknight is at the top. He has crucial immunities to ground and poison, he can pivot for our team, and pressure is perfect against stall. He also acts as our hazard removal, which is definitely necessary in a format with so much hazards. Tera dark is to get a crucial psychic immunity and to lose all of corvinknight’s weaknesses, and it has come in clutch against esparatha and armourage sets that took me by surprise.

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots

Ability: Natural Cure

Tera Type: Ghost

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Stealth Rock

- Shadow Ball

- Thunder Wave

- Soft-Boiled

Blissey is a pretty obvious partner for corvinknight on a stall team, and she serves as our main special wall. Natural cure and her normal typing allow her to fill a similar role to garganacl, but her utility is different in that paralysis and stealth rock are excellent tools to abuse. Shadow ball is mostly worse then seismic toss, but with goldengho being so common, I believe it is necessary to run, since it can pop air balloon for clodsire. The Tera type is ghost to take fighting type moves that would otherwise KO.

Alomomola @ Heavy-Duty Boots

Ability: Regenerator

Tera Type: Ghost

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Impish Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Wish

- Protect

- Chilling Water

- Whirlpool

Alolamola is the secondary physical wall on our team, and our regenerator. It can completely counter most palafin sets, and it can support the rest of the team, especially annihilate, with wish. Whirlpool and chilling water are pretty standard. I chose this over amoongus because it can deal with a lot more palafin sets. Tera ghost is just for Tera fighting palafin.

Clodsire @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

Tera Type: Water

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Earthquake

- Toxic

- Spikes

- Recover

Finally, we have clodsire. He is our unaware wall, who was chosen over others for his ground typing, because we were lacking it. The reason I picked clodsire over quagsire is because he can absorb t-spikes and he has a slightly better stat spread. Clod is the secondary special wall of the team, and he can counter most of the deadly setup sweepers of the tier and hit them with toxic. I feel like I would rather have another unaware mon, like skeleridge, but the ground typing was simply to important to not include. Tera water allows it to act as a final palafin check, in case all else goes wrong.

The main hard matchups are chi-yu sun and Glimmora hyper offense teams, everything else is manageable if I play smart. I’m not the best team builder, but I hope this team isn’t atrociously bad, as I’ve had decent success on the ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)