Gen 2 An OU team. Question do you require spicks because it not on this.

Only started a few weeks ago a so don't much other than watching BKC's Videos. Which would be better, heal bell support or t wave as there are incompatible :(
For some reason Snorlax's picture didn't appear and some of the evs probably the character limit or something.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Ability
- Double-Edge
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
All DVs are maxed and EVs as well GSC lets you max every stat so no reason not to other than hidden power.
Snorlax is The GSC OU Pokémon so an auto include.
Double-Edge for the STAB it's the highest base power it has for STAB other that Self-destruct chose it in particular to 2 hit ko Jynx
Flamethrower for Skarm and other steels but Fire Blast might be better for more power
Rest for recovery and to heal status
Sleep Talk for still being able to act when resting and block sleep

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Maxed EVs except attack for lower confusion damage DV Maxed except def 13 for hidden power ice
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Zapdos is the second-best mon after Lax. Good bulk, speed, coverage, and damage.
Thunder for STAB the extra power over Tbolt is very helpful because everything is very bulky from maxed EVs
Hidden Power Ice for coverage hits quite a few things thunder can't like the grounds, Golem, Rydon ect. however, does little to Steelix and it can OHKO Zap with Explosion.
Rest Talk for the same reason as lax, longevity and to block speep moves.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Chose Jinx for the reliable sleep move, high SpA and a combo of stabs resisted by few things.
EVs max say for Atk for confusion though I'm not sure if it works that way in Gen 2. The atk ev was min in a few of the sample teams so I assume that's the reason.
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Lovely Kiss
- Nightmare
Ice Beam over Blizzard as Jink is pretty frail and missing isn't ideal.
Psychic for second STAB
Lovely Kiss is very good with 75 accuracy and how strong speel is in GSC
Nightmare is very good for the large number of Rest Talk sets but once they know you have it, they'll likely switch so don't use it carelessly

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
I chose Blissey to have another special wall and Heal Bell for Status and waking up resting teammates.
EVs: Maxed except Atk
- Blizzard
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
Blizzard will 3 hit KO Zap after leftovers and Ice beam has a 1.1 chance to and Blissey can afford to miss because it's bulk. Ice beam also 2 hits Eggy but I thought that threating Zap without having to boom could be helpful
Toxic for passive damage
Heal Bell for the healing status and Jinx is particular crippled by para
Soft-Boiled for reliable one turn recovery

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
All EVs and DVs maxed
For normal res, electric immunity, and fazing
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Roar
- Explosion
Earthquake for STAP and the Lax lacks it so helpful for Gengar.
Curse for def, atk boost and sed drop is helpful for roar as the slower fazing move wins in GSC.
Roar for Fazing and scouting the opponent's team
Explosion for big number OHKO's most things and the user so be careful.

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Machamp for the the 130 atk, good bulk but takes a lot when switching into Lax so better if its asleep.
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Curse
Cross Chop for stab great damage but low acc
I chose Earthquake over rock slide for the 100 acc and better base power but the more I think on it Rock Slide is probably better but it does help vs Nidoking and Gengar
Fire Blast for Steels like Forretress, Skarm, and Steelix
Curse for boosting the already high atk and taking physical hit better.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Loristril, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Edit: Thanks for the descriptions, it's unlocked now!

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hello, to answer your question, most GSC Offense teams require Spikes support because of how bulky the metagame is. Denying your opponent the ability to heal (via Leftovers) by just switching around is a huge deal, especially for teams on a timer. The few exceptions to not having spikes is when a team has explosive power, which makes them opt for rapid spinners instead (Marowak-based teams, for instance)

:gs/snorlax:
I think, considering you have a Jynx and a Machamp, Skarmory is the least of your problems. Because of this, I suggest swapping Flamethrower -> Earthquake, as this improves your matchup against Nidoking and Gengar.

Alternatively, you can run a Curse set, considering you're all set against special attackers with having Steelix and Nightmare Jynx in the team. Body Slam lets it spread paralysis for Machamp. However, this worsens your matchup against Lovely Kiss Jynx and Nidoking (Rest Talk Zapdos technically can win the battle against Nidoking, but it has to get the Sleep Talk rolls right or its gonna be in trouble.). If you do this though, you'll probably have to use Cloyster or Jynx in the lead slot.
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
- Curse
- Body Slam / Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest

:gs/jynx:
Nightmare Jynx is a nightmare to face...until the opposing Sleeptalker pulls out a damaging move on it and pressures Jynx out. Because of Jynx fraility, I suggest swapping Psychic for Substitute, as this lets you take advantage of unlucky sleeptalk rolls of the opponent, letting you freely spam Ice Beam. Plus, punishing Raikou missing its Thunders is always something nice. XP

:gs/blissey: -> :gs/cloyster:
Its not that Blissey isn't good in GSC (Its outclassed by Snorlax, which can tank special hits and fight back), but its very passive and lets scary threats like Machamp, Heracross in for free. Also, some special attackers here prefer to use mixed sets: Exeggutor and Gengar explode, Dragonite has Dynamic Punch, Nidoking has Earthquake, all which eventually overwhelm you. Because of this, replacing it with a Spikes user such as Cloyster would be ideal. It also makes Jynx much more dangerous as Nightmare + Spikes damage easily racks up, especially against special walls like Snorlax and Raikou (which absorbs your Kiss, usually).
Cloyster @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
- Surf
- Toxic
- Explosion
- Spikes
Surf hits Pokemon that tend to switch-in to Explosion like Tyranitar, Steelix, and Gengar. Toxic puts entry hazard removers like Starmie on a timer, while also making opposing Snorlax use Rest. Also, its not bad in the Cloyster mirror either. Explosion is used to get rid of itself after Spikes are laid down and it has nothing better to do... its a neat mon that way

:gs/machamp:
You technically don't need Fire Blast on Machamp as +1 Cross Chop OHKOs Skarmory on a critical hit (!), and Cross Chop outdamages Fire Blast against Steelix at +1. I suggest trying out Rock Slide over Fire Blast as this lets you hit Zapdos. If you find that Zapdos isn't an issue considering you're already running Jynx, Hidden Power Bug is also a neat choice as it lets you hit Starmie and Exeggutor quite well.

Here is the team with the edits. I hope you enjoy GSC more :blobnom:
:snorlax: :cloyster: :jynx: :steelix: :zapdos: :machamp:
:jynx: :snorlax: :cloyster: :steelix: :zapdos: :machamp: <-Curselax ver.

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Maybe Rhydon can tank physical blows better.
It can, especially with a curse (Curse Roar Eq Rslide) set. However, the quad weakness to HP Water and Giga Drain and abysmal special defense means that your main response to Special Attackers would be Snorlax (Steelix gets a pass due to its Ice neutrality)...which could be scary when you're against Growthpass teams, Egg/Gar + Vappy, or Nidoking

In that case though, you have to remove Machamp too and get a Pokemon that can deal with Gengar better. Adding back Blissey isnt ideal as you're now very vulnerable to Machamp if ever

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Maybe Rhydon can tank physical blows better.
Earthquake and Fighting-type attacks exist.

As for the team itself, I personally believe that Blissey kind of has some rather awkward synergy here. Since this team isn't necessarily Stall-oriented it just sticks out like a sore thumb. If you are worried about Zapdos that much, you already have Snorlax for that job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)