[AMA] Labyrinthine

Status
Not open for further replies.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: Labyrinthine

Areas of Expertise: Pokémon Showdown!, Contributions & Corrections

Background: I originally joined Pokemon Showdown back in September-October in 2012 after being linked to on Smogon, which I found from a Google search when looking for competitive Pokemon sets. When I first joined PS! I was only interested in battling, and it was a time when rooms did not yet exist. In January (a few months after joining PS!), I joined the Smogon forums to create a Rate My Team thread for my OU team as I really wanted to improve. Interestingly, I had planned on working in the RMT section of the site, but my interest quickly dwindled. I rarely used the Smogon forums, but still spoke in PS! lobby chat at times.

On June last year I created my first edition of the Beginner's Guide to Pokemon Showdown. It was a project I had often considered doing, but never really got to starting until the PS! forums were created. I was then Voiced on June 12th, but humorously missed my promotion as I had just logged off. I was relatively quiet on both Smogon and PS! up until October of 2013, only posting in the Overused forum on occasion. When XY came out, I began work on Pokemon analyses, with Reuniclus and Wobbuffet being my first. I also updated and almost completely rewrote the Beginner's Guide to PS! as I felt that its then-current state was not up to standards.

I received my first badge (Pre-contributor) on January 13th for my work on OU analyses as well as contributions to some QC (quality control) discussion. A few weeks later, on January the 28th, I was promoted to a Driver on Pokemon Showdown. That's my story.

Hobbies: Outside of Smogon, I enjoy sport (soccer, a bit of cricket) and running. I also love writing and hanging out with my friends. Some of my other interests include psychology and listening to music.

Favorite Pokemon: Suicune

Good Questions to Ask Me: You can ask me pretty much anything you like. Should you have any questions about Smogon, it's probably best to ask me them about PS, C&C, or perhaps OU. If you're interested in participating more in the Pokemon Showdown! community, then I could also be of assistance to you.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to answering your questions.

Last edited:
why did your application take ages to approve?

are you going to study psychology at uni?

will you ever come to nz?

lab report ᐛ
why did your application take ages to approve?
I guess they were just done in a wave altogether. It didn't that that long.
are you going to study psychology at uni?
Good question. To be honest, I'm not really sure exactly what I'll study at university, but psychology is definitely something I've considered. I've also thought about doing law or education.
will you ever come to nz?
Aha, maybe. Even if my sole purpose is to visit you.

Reactions: trc

scene

Banned deucer.
What's your football team?

What kind of music? Link a tune.

Write a haiku about XY OU as it is right now.

Do you follow the A league? If so, what's your team?

Favourite offensive/defensive OU core?

Who is your favourite PS chat troll?

lab report ᐛ
why isn't your butthole as tight as it was when i started dating you
crypto pls
Do you follow the A league? If so, what's your team?
I don't really watch too much aus soccer, but if I had to pick a team it'd be Melbourne Heart.
Sturdynips said:
Favourite offensive/defensive OU core?
Offensive: deosharp i suppose
Defensive: quagsire / heatran / mega venus is really solid
Sturdynips said:
Who is your favourite PS chat troll?
fat pepol :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)