[AMA] Harsha

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: Harsha

Areas of Expertise: Rate My Team, Battling 101, Competitive Discussion, Contributions & Corrections, Congregation of the Masses, Tournaments, The Smog

Background: I joined these forums in 2011 and immediately jumped into Rate My Team because the culture of the forum was appealing and I really wanted to learn to be an effective rater like San_Pellegrino and New World Order were. I was horrible at first and decided to take a break. I jumped into C&C during my RMT hiatus and soon earned my ladybug. A little while later, I discovered the Dream World metagame and started playing that competitively. I wrote analyses and eventually joined the tiering council. I got my Community Contributor and Contributor badges during this time period. However, when Dream World began to flop, Delko convinced me to pick up rating again, and I soon earned my Team Rater badge. I went on to become a moderator in possibly the most controversial period of time for RMT ever and have been a mod there ever since, even becoming a badgeleader for a period of time. I was modded in Overused at the same time of my RMT nomination for running projects; I later branched out and began to focus more on my tutoring and Overused contributions. Eventually, I became a co-leader of tutoring with Limitless under Bloo. I also started to write articles for The Smog, and frequently contributed articles about the metagame, featured Pokemon, and featured RMTs. Shortly before BW ended, I relinquished most of my duties for the future generations of Smogonites to fill. However, I still retain my position in RMT, the place where I started out!

Hobbies: Most of my waking hours are spent slacking in school, playing tennis, playing Project M, or watching TV.

Favorite Pokemon: Poochyena / Dragonite

Good Questions to Ask Me: You can honestly ask me anything (just like the title says)! I know the ropes around here and I have been active in nearly every forum.

Last edited:

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
thoughts on user Trinitrotoluene and his horrible username?

do you ever miss treehouse? im pretty sure you were the other one of the trifecta but i could be wrong and if i am ignore this question

why are you always on the forums but never on irc
I leave the forums open in the background!!

thoughts on user Trinitrotoluene and his horrible username?

do you ever miss treehouse? im pretty sure you were the other one of the trifecta but i could be wrong and if i am ignore this question
Wario is OSSIM was a better username.

Yeah I actually do miss the Treehouse. I first met Trinitrotoluene and Sayonara there and they were some of my best e-friends, though times have changed and we've all drifted. However, the ownership was poorly handled and the server was quite small. My Treehouse days were fun, but in terms of enjoyment I have more fun on an environment like IRC.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Are you of gender F?

If not, why do you believe so many users, such as AMoonGust, frequently mistake you as female? Do not use your username as justification when addressing this question.

will you ever listen to a full death metal album of my recommendation?

favorite song?

who will win the super bowl?

sand (BAN ME PLEASE)e :D

Are you a hot grill?

Does your collarbone injury excuse you from being on IRC?

What do you think about:
[19:21] <+mw> Funkasaurus
[19:21] <+mw> :|

Favorite Twitch emote?

When your college apps are finished, will you be more active or will you pursue other endeavors to ensure you're never on IRC?

What is your favorite quality about tab?

Will you ever archive my RU team?
If I remember at some point!

Are you of gender F?

If not, why do you believe so many users, such as AMoonGust, frequently mistake you as female? Do not use your username as justification when addressing this question.
I am a male!

My username is my real name, which is actually a male name! It has nothing to do with my username though; they mistake me as a female because of my feminine charm.

why do you always post shitty weather teams?

what is your favorite part of pokemon x / y?

what is your favorite kalos pokemon? least favorite?

we should talk sometime.
Because I'm not creative :(

My favorite part has to be the new look that the designers gave the game. It's refreshing to actually see everything in true size.

My favorite is Goodra while my least favorite is Trevenant.

Yes!

whos rmts are better urs or trinitrotoleunes
Mine ofc >:(

will you ever listen to a full death metal album of my recommendation?

favorite song?

who will win the super bowl?

sand (BAN ME PLEASE)e :D
Perhaps one that doesn't involve the song "Shut Up and Drown in My Jizz You Pathetic Emo Bitch"

I have a few. I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin is my favorite pump-up song. Against the Tide by Celldweller, Anna Molly by Incubus, Animus Vox by The Glitch Mob, Prayer of the Refugee / Savior by Rise Against, and The Antidote / The Dream Is Over / Until the Day I Die by Story of the Year are among my other favorites. I really can't pick just one though!

Denver Broncos seem to be a safe bet but you really never know. I am calling either the Broncos or the Seahawks to take it all. Texans :'(

Harry Potter n_n

isn't tnt hot as fuck? mmmm mmmmith
YERE MATE

Are you a hot grill?

Does your collarbone injury excuse you from being on IRC?

What do you think about:
[19:21] <+mw> Funkasaurus
[19:21] <+mw> :|

Favorite Twitch emote?

When your college apps are finished, will you be more active or will you pursue other endeavors to ensure you're never on IRC?

What is your favorite quality about tab?
Yes

No I'm just busy. You of all people should understand IRC LoAs :|

Good log :D

Kreygasm.

Why did you never post a Hail team? smfh.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rating-practice-team-19.3489807/

!

Last edited:
More questions.

How much of an effect have I had on your music taste?

If you weren't Indian, what race would be?

Why didn't you answer about what your favorite quality about tab was? :'(

Do you prefer injuring your collarbone in wrestling or doing college apps
!

More questions.

How much of an effect have I had on your music taste?

If you weren't Indian, what race would be?

Why didn't you answer about what your favorite quality about tab was? :'(

Do you prefer injuring your collarbone in wrestling or doing college apps
!
You've had too much of an effect.

I would be Swahili.

Because I could not decide. My favorite quality would be all of his qualities. However, if I have to pick one, it would be his cuteness.

I prefer doing it in anything that does not involve college apps!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
most influential member you've encountered during your tenure at smogon university?

mfk dr ciel / solace / skylight
m Dr Ciel
f skylight
k Solace

Sorry Solace but Dr Ciel is my true love! And I have a fetish for duckfaces and new necklaces ~n_n~

most influential member you've encountered during your tenure at smogon university?
Easily the legendary Stone_Cold22, most influential team builder of 2011 named by The Smog official magazine.

Do you think you should be more active? AmoonGust does.

Do you consider yourself Harsh(a)?
No, I think I should have quit ages ago.

No, I'm very cute and nice n_n

Last edited:
hey Harsha I got two questions for you

1. You joined at the same time as me, September 2011. From that time I have seen you rise from a noob to a noob with moderating powers. Seeing that you experienced evolution of new user--> leader, what do you think is this site's attitude towards new users / lesser known users and how do you really feel about this that attitude? Have you felt it has changed since you first started? This is a question I have been thinking about lately.
2. At any point have you "fallen out" or felt "disconnected" from the game of pokemon? If so, what made you come back. This could be you just bored of the game, felt your main meta was a little bonkers, or even having issues with the community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)