[AMA] BKC

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: Blazin Kickin Chicken

Areas of Expertise: Tournaments, IRC, RMT

Background: I found competitive Pokemon on the internet at the tender age of 11, and wanted to post wifi battles to Youtube like the great Marriland and superskarmory. However I was not old enough for my own account so I basically lurked learning about EVs and such for 2 years until I turned 13 and started playing in May of 2009. I started going to forums such as GameFAQs and Marriland to find new people to battle, and eventually made my way to Smogon since I heard they had the best players. Aside from playing a lot of people on wifi I wanted a badge so I started rating teams (and posting my own, most of which sucked, a lot). I dabbled in RMT for 2+ years before losing interest. After quitting the youtube wifi scene (but not before I reached 1000 subscribers fuck yeah!!!) around late 2011/early 2012, I started to seriously get into tournaments and IRC, which is where I still usually hang today.

Hobbies: I'm a big fan of sports (RED SOX FUCK YEAH), mainly baseball and basketball; I played them until I was 14, when I moved to the Czech Republic for 3 years (I'm half Czech). Around the age of 15 I started getting seriously into music, both in playing (drums) and listening, which I still do to this day and intend to do for a long time. My favorite TV show is Friends. Joey is the best character and Jennifer Aniston is a goddess.

Favorite Pokemon: FORRETRESS

Good Questions to Ask Me: You can ask me really anything you'd like but tournaments and IRC are what I know best on Smogon. I also know a pretty good amount of music, mainly metal!

Last edited:

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Are you a big Huskies fan? If so favorite team and why

Are you a proud Nutmegger?

Who, besides Dr. Ciel, is the best at making RMTs?

What advice would you give to someone looking to get more active in tournaments and on IRC?

When the fuck did you become a mentor?
like a day ago

Why is Forretress your favourite Pokémon?
it's probably my favorite competitive pokemon because it's good defensively and i've used it on a lot of my better stall teams. my favorite mon overall is blaziken but i had to pick something else to represent me since someone else already took it :toast:

Did Mizuhime promise you favors for buying her???
maybe i shouldve asked for some and threatened to let her go to the frogs if i didnt get them... god dammit

Are you a big Huskies fan? If so favorite team and why

Are you a proud Nutmegger?

Who, besides Dr. Ciel, is the best at making RMTs?

What advice would you give to someone looking to get more active in tournaments and on IRC?
i don't really follow college sports all that much but probably the basketball team, i saw them a few times! i went to jim calhoun's basketball camp when i was like 11 it was pretty cool.

hell yeah

i was a big fan of philip7086, reyscarface and vashta's rmts in dpp, i think team of torment was the first rmt i ever read on smogon around late 2009. i also really liked bad ass and heysup's uu teams, jibaku's uber teams, and pretty much every rmt august has been a part of. one dude not as well known is my old friend eggbert, he made quality stuff in both dpp and bw.

when youre first getting into it, lurk. in tournaments, your vocabulary should be more or less restricted to "in" "won" "lost" and "gg" until you get more integrated into it. same on irc, just get a feel for the culture and dont force yourself into it, itll come naturally once youve been around it for a while.

why is joey the best character? surely its chandler ;_;

are you gonna go for this oldgen tourney thats coming up? have you played gsc/rby before?

you had a short stint in ru but we never heard from you again, what made you leave?

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Let's ask real questions.

Favorite Tournament? Why?
Biggest disapointment? Why?
Favorites players? Why? (not necessarily the bests for you, just your favorites)
Most influenctial players (over you)? Why?
Favorite tier (be it an obsolete one like DPP Latias for example)? Why?

More questions later.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate my music taste?
what team other than yours would you say is best in spl and why?
what team is worst?
if bkc = blazinkickinchicken why is blaziken not your favorite mon?
is there any tier you hope to improve in/get more involved in someday?

edit: i tweaked there lol

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
bkc said:
it's probably my favorite competitive pokemon because it's good defensively and i've used it on a lot of my better stall teams. my favorite mon overall is blaziken but i had to pick something else to represent me since someone else already took it :toast:
why do black ppl all suck at reading?

How many blowjobs did you need to give up so user thatsjustpeachy would ghost you during Smogon Tour?
youre nuts if you think i didnt have marcelo ghost me the whole time

favorite band, pkmn game, potato, etc?

why u abandon am ;_;
sacramentum, pkmn crystal, sweet with marshmallows

i didnt, i still love the matador!! i wanted to retain him but he said he would go cheaper in auction and the reason i stopped at 10.5k was because it was apparent that the other guys were going to go way above what i was willing to pay for him. if it wasnt so obvious they were going to fight me tooth and nail i wouldve gone higher (my original cap was like 15-16k).

has your newly won smogon tour trophy enabled you to win ava's heart?
it was won on the first day of winter break, so she does not know yet. rest assure that the instant i see her in latin class when school resumes that she will be informed and a beautiful prosperous relationship will begin.

why is joey the best character? surely its chandler ;_;

are you gonna go for this oldgen tourney thats coming up? have you played gsc/rby before?

you had a short stint in ru but we never heard from you again, what made you leave?
funny story i apparently have a tendency to make snarky remarks irl too so once my friend was like "dude, you remind me of chandler. 'look at me, i'm kevin! could i be any more sarcastic?'" which was pretty cool... and cmon man it isnt even a contest, joey is by far the funniest and most likable.

maybe. i've played a bit of both and i know them decently.

i had some irl stuff that came up and i didnt really get to be as involved with ru as i'd have liked which is a shame because its my favorite bw tier. bulky sd scyther for life

Let's ask real questions.

Favorite Tournament? Why?
Biggest disapointment? Why?
Favorites players? Why? (not necessarily the bests for you, just your favorites)
Most influenctial players (over you)? Why?
Favorite tier (be it an obsolete one like DPP Latias for example)? Why?

More questions later.
tie between spl and wcop. i probably wouldnt still be here if atticus hadnt picked me up for the scooters midseason in spl3 because that was a lot of fun (i met upstanding users such as am and gorgie for example) and spurred me to join wcop a few months later, which was just as fun. team tourneys are the best.

probably losing spl3 semis in the vgc battle... that was a shame, i really thought we had it, especially after me/your and am/blight's super intense battles (yes am's heatran was actually passho).

earthworm because he was the first real big name i heard of even before coming to smogon and after watching/playing him he was every bit as good as advertised. plus i liked his old stall team a lot. gouki as well, he was just as good imo and reading an interview with him made me realize how important building your own team is instead of just stealing others'. am for the same reasons as gouki. last big one was phil, i used to use team of torment on wifi a lot and i always won because tormentran is ridiculous. i wasnt as big a fan of the screens uxie team though. those are the main 4, although there are others such as golden sun, heist, panamaxis, undisputed, reyscarface, and of course stone_cold22.

earthworm, gouki, am and phil for reasons mentioned.

dpp with latias and salamence... my first tier and my favorite. definitely prefer it to the post-drachens meta. i think latias probably wasnt broken, salamence definitely was, but it wasnt so bad that i'd want it banned like say genesect or landorus in bw2. maybe because i just "grew up" with it so to speak but whenever i play it for old times' sake its always a ton of fun.

i look forward to them.
on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate my music taste?
what team other than yours would you say is best in spl and why?
what team is worst?
is there any tier you hope to improve in/get more involved in someday?
8, add some metal and you might scoot up to a 9.5

probably the sharks, they look very strong across the board.

bigs :| not really feeling that roster...

because someone already took blaziken UGH

probably ru if i had to pick one, its super fun.

why do black ppl all suck at reading?
real niggas dont read namsayin

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
2014 album(s) you are most hyped for?
al east standings predictions for next season?
who do you predict to win st17? (multiple answers acceptable if you cant think of one specific user)

Last edited:
favorite gorguts album
top five rap albums
what's your favorite book?
also do you listen to old man gloom? i think when you tutored me i broached the subject of gloom but i don't remember what you said... if not, you should definitely check out some of their pre-no material (no was not very good in my opinion), i feel like you would like them even though i don't think you're too interested in sludge

dont play xy, sorry. please pm user Harsha he'll be happy to help

Favourite song ATM?
god this is hard, i think i had an easier time deciding my top 10 albums than i did this lol. i'll have to go with
. pretty much everything i love about metal is in that song (and album)... and the section the begins at 2:15 is gorgeous beyond words.

2014 album(s) you are most hyped for?
al east standings predictions for next season?
who do you predict to win st17? (multiple answers acceptable if you cant think of one specific user)
wintersun's time II is coming out, i love them and am super excited, its the one i'm most looking forward to. not quite as hyped for these other artists' releases but still looking forward to them:

- arch enemy
- decapitated
- in flames (i dont have high hopes but who knows they might surprise me with a return to form like bodom did with halo of blood)
- raekwon
- rise against
- testament
- tool

and i'll be listening to what these guys put out because theyre well known bands that i should keep up with but dont have any expectations toward:

- ac/dc
- anthrax
- corrosion of conformity
- exodus
- iron maiden
- judas priest
- legion of the damned
- overkill

as for the al east...

1) RED SOX defending champs baby
2) rays
3) orioles / jays
4) jays / orioles
5) yankees

as for st17, hmm... bloo is always a contender but i'd say dice. the princess is a superb player.

favorite gorguts album
top five rap albums
what's your favorite book?
also do you listen to old man gloom? i think when you tutored me i broached the subject of gloom but i don't remember what you said... if not, you should definitely check out some of their pre-no material (no was not very good in my opinion), i feel like you would like them even though i don't think you're too interested in sludge
obscura. i remember a review on rym that described it as "everything most brutal and technical death metal bands wish they could be" and i couldnt agree more. its the most natural-feeling chaotic metal (and music in general) ive ever heard, the only bands off the top of my head that even come close to its free-flowing chaos are a blaze...-era darkthrone and massacra on their first two albums.

5. nas - illmatic
4. mobb deep - the infamous
3. big L - lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous
2. eminem - the marshall mathers lp
1. wu-tang clan - enter the wu-tang
honorary mention: notorious big - ready to die
heh i'm a real sucker for the old school stuff

i used to read a lot when i was younger but i havent much since i was about 13-14. i cant give you a real answer to this but i can say i usually liked fantasy books like harry potter as well as sports books (stories and biographies). around the time i hit puberty i started reading realistic fiction stuff aimed at teenagers. i also read death note in 7th grade because our english teacher introduced it to us and i thought it was cool as fuck (plus everyone was readig it so it made for a nice convo starter at lunchtime).

i think i remember you mentioning them. i'll give them a try even though sludge usually isnt my preference... but hey i didnt like most doom till like 2 weeks ago when i discovered a few amazing albums so that might change.

Would you date me if you were a girl?
nah i would rather go with dragonuser if i wanted an indian, youre a bit outclassed.

^Does your answer change if it goes from Jayde to LuckItUp
yeah, i'd win the lottery a few times with his luck, take the cash i needed and then break up with/kill him. nice n clean 2ez imo

Last edited:

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
is it really true that you've sucked 36 dicks?
will you suck any dicks on your way through the parking lot?
i have also heard allegations that you stole forty cakes, forty, that's four tens, and that's terrible; can you confirm or deny?
also wondering about the pioneering technology that your parents used to birth you, considering they are both fictional male characters (harry potter and superman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)