Alolan Exeggutor Discussion

Can somebody who knows how to do so confirm if this is the case? I would but i don't know where to look to reference...
This is Exeggcute's full learnset in Sun and Moon. I bolded the moves that aren't outlined in the Alolan Execcutor learnset above. You can find all of the full learnsets, handily searchable, here.

Start - Barrage
Start - Uproar
Start - Hypnosis
L7 - Reflect
L11 - Leech Seed
L17 - Bullet Seed
L19 - Stun Spore
L21 - Poison Powder
L23 - Sleep Powder
L27 - Confusion
L33 - Worry Seed
L37 - Natural Gift
L43 - Solar Beam
L47 - Extrasensory
L50 - Bestow
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM64 - Explosion
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM77 - Psych Up
TM83 - Infestation
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM92 - Trick Room
TM96 - Nature Power
TM100 - Confide
Egg - Synthesis
Egg - Moonlight
Egg - Ancient Power
Egg - Ingrain
Egg - Curse
Egg - Nature Power
Egg - Lucky Chant
Egg - Leaf Storm
Egg - Power Swap
Egg - Giga Drain
Egg - Skill Swap
Egg - Natural Gift
Egg - Block
Egg - Grassy Terrain

I am very hyped for Alolan Exeggutor. It is by far one of the best Solo Trick Room Pokemon I have ever seen(Bulk, good offensive typing and movepool, mixed, moves are very accurate)

Basically I hope Smogon watches out for Solo Trick Room Pokemon in there respective future tiers. They were very uncommon, despite never being bad

I'm very torn about A-Exeggutor.
The stats distribution is quite strange: low Spe with the same bulk of its Kanto version, a different typing which is a mixed bag defensively and mixed offensive prowess. I think that this thing will turn out being UU material. Odd, but true, the Kanto version is stronger thanks to the new sun setter Torkoal with both Chlorophyll and Harvest+Sitrus Berry.

Specs set
Exeggutor-A @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (no 252 EVs into Spe because you have no Chrolophyll to fix this stat)
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Expert Belt set
Exeggutor-A @ Expert Belt
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake to nail Heatran and makes use of that Atk stat
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Fun fact: A-Exeggutor is the original form of this pokemon. This is due the fact in gen 1 you can find this pokemon in Safari Zone and the dex entry talks about it comes from tropical areas. Kanto isn't certainly that area, so all this time we've used Exeggutor's altered form.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With both normal and Alolan Exeggutor getting a +10 in Special Defense, Alolan Exeggutor exchanges 10 Speed with 10 Attack. Well its better in a Trick Room team now, and it's slightly better at playing a mix set (especially now that it can learn Draco Meteor, not to mention Leaf Storm).

I think wanting to move to a mix set is maybe the intention as notable new moves it get are Dragon Hammer and Flamethrower (for that quadruple Ice weakness). There's a lot of sets you can make, though I imagine the ideal one is having either Draco Meteor or Leaf Storm and then having the other STAB be on Physical. Shame it doesn't get Outrage or Dragon Pulse, especially the later if you want to run a Special set though not sacrifice Special Attack.

Did they improve Barrage or Egg Bomb? If not that's a missed opportunity, especially now they want to try and do a mix set so they could have been used if they changed them right.

I think wanting to move to a mix set is maybe the intention as notable new moves it get are Dragon Hammer and Flamethrower (for that quadruple Ice weakness). There's a lot of sets you can make, though I imagine the ideal one is having either Draco Meteor or Leaf Storm and then having the other STAB be on Physical. Shame it doesn't get Outrage or Dragon Pulse, especially the later if you want to run a Special set though not sacrifice Special Attack.
Power Swap after a Draco Metor or a Leaf Storm can be a thing towards many special attackers, though. It sounds a little gimmick, but still UU worthy.
It is basically a WoW for special attackers and a way to refuel your stats (unless your opponent uses Close Combat on you; V-Create destroys you anyway).

Last edited:
Well, here's a gimmicky set:

Exeggutor-Alolan @ Petaya Berry / Leichi Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA OR 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Quiet OR Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor / Dragon hammer
- Energy Ball / Seed Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room

Sets up Trick Room on first turn, and potentially takes a it. If hits below 25% range it gets a boost to special attack or attack depending on what set you want to use. And then with harvest, it may just keep getting boosts, and help offset Draco Meteor special attack drop. I like this set as it doesn't necessarily need the berry to proc but really likes it if it does.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I wonder how useful a Harvest + Lum Berry + Rest set will be? Always seemed better than Sitrus to me, I remember using it in RU ages ago, it was a pain to deal with.

Exeggutor-A @ Lum Berry
Harvest
Modest
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA

Draco Meteor
Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
Earthquake / Flamethrower
Rest

Something like this. Still fairly powerful, self-sustaining, can absorb status and pivot.

I don't see this guy doing much competitively, but there is at least one somewhat adjacent area where Alolan Exeggutor should shine: the Battle Tree. This guy has a lot of potential as a lead that can make long streaks happen and rack up BP in the process. Which, hey, is legitimately pretty neat; considering how much you'll need to build teams.

Run this for Doubles:

Exeggutor-A@Dragonium-Z
Frisk (only mostly useless, vs. Harvest being entirely useless)
Quiet
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
-Trick Room
-Draco Meteor
-Explosion
-Protect

Basically: you set up Trick Room and then you get to fire off Z-Meteor/Meteor, which should translate to a couple of things dying. Then you go boom and let something else replace you.

Predictable as hell, but that's okay, because this is built to bust AI and the AI can't predict. But you've got a lot of power here, and Explosion on a Trick Room lead with that kind of offensive presence is pretty great.

This is legitimately the most interesting thing that occurs to me with Exeggutor-A. It's just something that doesn't solve any problems, competitively speaking. I guess I could see a set like this doing something in VGC, but it really is just so damned predictable; Eggy's gonna set up Trick Room, then it's gonna Z-Meteor, then it's gonna Meteor, then it's gonna boom. It's potent on paper but it gives your opponent too much room to address the very telegraphed strategy you're using.

But that doesn't matter for Battle Tree, so this will be worth using on those teams, I guess?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)