Pending Allowing users of rank Voice and up to use /requestshow

Currently users that have ranks of voice or higher on the server cannot use "/requestshow", and are forced to use "!show" for images/content they want to share. Although it's not that big of an thing, sometimes it's preferable to use /requestshow (ex: the reason for this post, being able to have potential game leak images vetted by upper staff to prevent the spread of confirmed fakes).

Being forced to use !show also unnecessarily removes options for these users to share content, which I feel isn't the best.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Is this an issue specific to a room or the default behavior? A weekish ago there was a permissions problem with this in the portugues room but we got it fixed so voices could request show again.

Moreso the default behavior (I've tried using the /requestshow in a couple of rooms where I'm %+, and the same message pops up, "Use !show instead.").

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
By default, we assume that if you have !show permissions, then you are trusted to be able to make that judgment call yourself. If certain ranks cannot be trusted to make that judgment call for themselves, the permissions for show can be modified (e.g. to mods or room owners only).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)