Approved Allow Unobtainable Complex Unbans with /tour rules

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Hi! I was trying to make a regular OU Tour while allowing Weavile to have the ability Technician

I thought using /tour rules +weavile++technician would work, but unfortunately it doesn't
After a little bit of research with fellow Arcade mod HG , we found a way to do so. Currently, the only way to make such a tour would be to:
- Allow every Pokemon to have every Ability (basically, remove the "Obtainable Abilities" clause)
- Complex ban every unobtainable ability on each and every Pokemon, besides Weavile (this would basically re-add the Obtainable Abilities clause for every Pokemon that is not Weavile)
- Complex ban every unobtainable ability besides Technician on Weavile, thus allowing Weavile to have access to its regular Abilities, and Technician.

As you can imagine, this is a very long and obnoxious process to go through for a single room tournament.
My suggestion is, allow every single complex unban with "/tour rules +pokemon++unobtainable ability/move".
If that's possible, it would be very cool to be able to use recent gen's items and moves in older gens, such as Heavy-Duty Boots in DPP, or Z-Moves in ADV.
This would make "What If" tours so much easier to do.

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I think I'm going to revise my earlier statement. I don't think it's that hard. You'd need to bypass the move/ability validator if something's been whitelisted, but that's doable.

I think it's still hard, but definitely within the skills of most of our programmers. Whether or not any of them want to do it is a whole other matter, though.

I think I'm going to revise my earlier statement. I don't think it's that hard. You'd need to bypass the move/ability validator if something's been whitelisted, but that's doable.

I think it's still hard, but definitely within the skills of most of our programmers. Whether or not any of them want to do it is a whole other matter, though.
Do you think it would be possible to add an option to edit things like move stats or pokemon base stats in /tour rules? Something like /tour rules stone edge acc=100?? Can this be added to this request or is it something I should open a new request for?

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)