Pending Allow Forceselect to Force Multiple Pokemon on a Team Instead of Only One

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
The lovely Ken and Samirsin (and Clerica in the SmogCord) attempted to help but to no avail

1696373430718.png

From what it looks like, there is no way to implement this without it resulting in an error. So I am asking for a change to be implement so that I can use forceselect with multiple Pokemon

fixes could just be as follows (I have no clue how feasible it would be to implement these so bear with me here)
  • somehow remove the conflict with "forceselect = mon1, forceselect =mon2"
  • rework it so you could do something like, "forceselect = mon1| mon2| mon3| etc" (doesn't have to be "|" as the separator but its just a placeholder since I know for a fact comma can't possible be used without breaking the chall code)

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Force Select is for formats with Team Preview that only allow you to pick a limited number of Pokemon, like bring 6, pick 3. You can't use it in bring 6, pick 6 formats, because you necessarily are picking all 6 Pokemon.

There isn't currently a comparable command for forcing a team to have specifically some elements, which is of course what the suggestion is for, but should it be approved, a developer working on it should know that it shouldn't be using Force Select to accomplish this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)