Approved Allow display:flex in html

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Quite self-explanatory: Unless there's a good reason not to, I'd like display:flex and associated CSS properties (justify-content, flex-direction, ...) to be usable in htmlboxes, roomintros, staffintros, and other html applications so I can apply some degree of modern web design standards to my work

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
As an extension, it'd be nice in general if we could include style tags so we didn't have to hardcode CSS inline, but perhaps there's worries about it conflicting with site CSS. I would very much support this; I think the reason it's not is because flexboxes aren't compatible with older versions of Internet Explorer or something. If we had analytics, I would be curious if maintaining that support is worthwhile.

Edit: in fact, I would argue that better, modern support for mobile CSS is significantly more valuable than any old IE support, as surely the stats indicate more mobile users than IE desktop users.

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It seems like the problem is that the Caja CSS validator hasn't been updated in a long time.

It's not like the rest of PS development uses modern CSS. Just be glad you don't have to write HTML emails; iirc you still have to make those compatible with old Outlook using Word's HTML engine, so you're not allowed to use a box model.

But if you really want this to be changed, you need to find a newer JS-compatible CSS validator (or I guess fork Caja). Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)