SPOILERS! All Returning DLC Pokemon in SV DLC Expansion Pass <Unconfirmed>

This includes pokemon that are already confirmed, and i threw in all past-legendaries (let's be real, since Gen 6 in OR/AS they'll never leave them out ever again), and even then, take the legendaries with a grain of salt

and of course, if it's not on there, then it's either A) already in the game or B) not coming not, even after DLC (Mythicals are still up in the air)

UPDATE: Serperior and Emboar are coming back after all, according to the latest update
Source - https://pastebin.com/vLvxYH7z

Venusaur
Blastoise
Arbok
Sandslash
Clefable
Ninetales
Vileplume and Bellossom
Poliwrath and Politoed
Victreebel
Tentacruel
Golem
Dodrio
Dewgong
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop
Weezing
Rhyperior
Kingdra
Electivire
Magmortar
Lapras
(Porygon 2) Porygon-Z
Snorlax
(all the Gen 1 legendaries + Mew are already back, in case you didn't know)

Meganium
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ariados
Lantern
Ambipom
Yanmega
Gliscor
Granbull
Magcargo
Mamoswine
Skarmory
Smergale (he's finally back)
Entei
Raikou
Suicune (duh)
Lugia
Ho-Oh

Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Mightyena
Ludicolo
Shiftry
Probopass
Plusle & Minun
Voltbeat and Illumise
Flygon
Crawdaunt
Milotic
(Dusclops) Dusknoir
Chimecho
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latios
Latias

(Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are in case you didn't know)

Torterra
Infernape
Empoleon
Rampardos
Bastiodon
(Every Gen 4 legendary but Regigigas, speaking of)
Regigigas (he's lonely and left out)

Serperior
Emboar
Zebstrika
Excadrill
Conkeldurr
Leavanny
Whimisicott
Scrafty
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Swanna
Galventula
Chandelure
Mienshao
Golurk
Mandibuzz
Cobalion
Terrakion
Verizion (duh)

(The Forces of Nature/The Genies, in case you didn't know)
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem

(Meloetta is back too)

(Chesnaught is back)
(Delphox, look above)
Meowstic
Malamar
Carbink
Trevenant
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde

(all 3 Gen 6 mythicals are already back, in case you didn't know)

Incineroar
Primarina
Toucannon
Vikavolt
Ribombee
Araqunid
Comfey
Minior
Kommo-o
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Solgaleo
Lunala
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteelia
Kartana
Guzzlord
Necrozma

(Magearna is also back)
Blacephalon
Stakataka
Nagnadel

(Rillaboom is back)
(Inteleon, look above)
Cramorant
Alcremie
Morpeko
Duraludon
(every Gen 8 legendary + Zarude are already back, again in case you didn't know)

Again, everything else that's not on there is either already in the game or not coming back to the game (not even after DLC), except the mythicals don't count them out yet

Last edited:
I would very much add a disclaimer that this isn't confirmed at all and is just a possibility of who could return based on previous patterns of Gamefreak and their data.

Also, adding in the legends who aren't on that list or in the HOME transfers and saying they're definitely returning is a little strange, no?

just pasting this over to here
Not to get too Number Theory and lean into pattern recognition traps but if you remove the Pokemon from that list who are already in the game, you can add in all the remaining Legendary Pokemon (excluding the Ultra Beasts, which internally seemed to haev been removed from that designation) and come out to ~236 (I also threw in Keldeo) which would fit snugly in the "over 230" number they're touting

Time to view this list from the POV of my favourite Other Metas!

Looks like Ludicolo will be the only relevant addition (among non-legendaries) to Gen 9 Pure Hackmons, and as a Wonder Guard at that.

On the other hand, Gen 9 The Loser's Game is paying close attention to these:
  • The Abra and Ferroseed lines notably remain snapped. Good; I didn't want to see Magic Guard Skill Swap Alakazam actually enter the meta, use attacks, and reduce counterplay to teams of entirely faster-than-Tera-Dark-Alakazam non-Prankster Taunt users and mons immune to Skill Swap (e.g. team of Calyrex-S/Gholdengo/Flutter Mane/Iron Bundle/Iron Valiant/Scream Tail).
  • The Reuniclus line will likely drop, though, so we will see a Magic Guard Skill Swap user after all. Darn.
  • The Cottonee line will drop. Hope they keep Defog; we could definitely use Steel Beam fodder with Prankster that can Defog.
  • The Ribombee line will likely drop. Heck yeah, an actual good Sticky Web user!
  • Comfey will likely drop. It better keep its previous movepool; we could use another decent opponent healer right about now!
  • Nosepass will likely drop. A Magnet Pull user that knows Taunt and is weak to Steel Beam would be really neat to see in action, regardless of Gholdengo's ability to ignore trapping and inability to lure Nosepass along with some premier Steel Beam users not being Steel-types at all (Zacian, Zamazenta, Arceus).
  • The Sandshrew line will likely drop. Ah shoot, we'll probably have to ban Sandshrew-Alola again - it doesn't look like it can OHKO anyone with Steel Beam.
  • Smeargle will likely(!?) drop. I gotta check whether it can OHKO anyone with Chloroblast and/or Steel Beam. If it can, it'll probably fit on pretty much every Losers team again, and I'll look forward to a more versatile Tidy Up/Perish Pass/phazer/etc. user.

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ew. I hope Alcremie doesn’t come back (fortunately I have all forms already but fuck trying to evolve it again in SV). On a positive note, this means all my fave mons will be back in a single game (except maybe Darkrai/Celebi/Jirachi?)

Ew. I hope Alcremie doesn’t come back (fortunately I have all forms already but fuck trying to evolve it again in SV). On a positive note, this means all my fave mons will be back in a single game (except maybe Darkrai/Celebi/Jirachi?)
Alcremie was on the little graphic that made matt realize this was probably not a coincidence so its one of the few 100% confirmed lol

Funny that of the two families with type-adding moves, only Trevenant makes it, with Pumpkaboo not being on the list. I assume Forest's curse will still fail against terastallized mons, even though it adds a type instead of replaces it, but if would be fun if it worked.

No Aegislash is :( . We can have 4-5 fully evolved ghost/fire mons in SV but only one steel/ghost??

I expect most mythicals will ultimately make it in, and may not be counted in the 230+ number. The ones that didn't make it into SwSh were mostly gen 4 mons that made it into Legends Arceus or mythicals with form changes (Deoxys, Hoopa, Meloetta); we can't rely on a similar pattern occurring, of course, but I swear if Marshadow's only appearance in SV is as a hairclip...

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
View attachment 495484

Oh man, Kanto DLC it is!

(EDIT: Forgot Snorlax!)
I know Gen 8 technically got the same number of mons but Gen 6 only getting the Meowstic line, Malamar line, and Trevenant line (without Gourgeist???) feels so sad to me. There are a few extra mons from that region coming in Home but I feel like it always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to mon distribution.

just pasting this over to here
Not to get too Number Theory and lean into pattern recognition traps but if you remove the Pokemon from that list who are already in the game, you can add in all the remaining Legendary Pokemon (excluding the Ultra Beasts, which internally seemed to haev been removed from that designation) and come out to ~236 (I also threw in Keldeo) which would fit snugly in the "over 230" number they're touting
If so, this would be bad because it would eliminate any chance of freeing all Pokemon from Home :(

If so, this would be bad because it would eliminate any chance of freeing all Pokemon from Home :(
If you mean "across any game" then likely the next game that comes after the DLC will wrap that up since there's only a handful

If you mean "in one game [SV]" that was never going to happen.

I am a bit disappointed by this list of added Pokémons, if it's legit.
If we only talk about the to be included Gen1 Pokémon for example, I especially miss Nidoking, Crobat, Starmie and Nidoqueen.
There is also no Alolan Muk :(.

I am a bit disappointed by this list of added Pokémons, if it's legit.
If we only talk about the to be included Gen1 Pokémon for example, I especially miss Nidoking, Crobat, Starmie and Nidoqueen.
There is also no Alolan Muk :(.
Alolan Muk is in vanilla.

Alright, so here are the Pokemon that STILL haven't appeared in any mainline Switch game:
  • Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate (They're in Let's Go but I'm including them since those were Gen 7 games and before Dexit was a thing)
  • Snivy, Servine and Serperior
  • Tepig, Pignite and Emboar
  • Patrat and Watchog
  • The elemental monkeys
  • Furfrou
I'm disappointed they didn't try to include these in because they very easily could've. Sure, no one likes Watchog, but no one likes Crabominable either and that came back. Serperior and Emboar are extra confusing because literally every other starter in the series is in.

I'm also confused by the lack of any Sinnoh Pokemon barring the starters, fossils, legacy evolutions/prevolutions, and Regigigas. It is such a weird choice to not really give Sinnoh anything. What did Sinnoh ever do to TPC? Aside from star in the worst remakes in the history of remakes?

At least Vikavolt is back though.

Alright, so here are the Pokemon that STILL haven't appeared in any mainline Switch game:
  • Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate (They're in Let's Go but I'm including them since those were Gen 7 games and before Dexit was a thing)
  • Snivy, Servine and Serperior
  • Tepig, Pignite and Emboar
  • Patrat and Watchog
  • The elemental monkeys
  • Furfrou
I'm disappointed they didn't try to include these in because they very easily could've. Sure, no one likes Watchog, but no one likes Crabominable either and that came back. Serperior and Emboar are extra confusing because literally every other starter in the series is in.

I'm also confused by the lack of any Sinnoh Pokemon barring the starters, fossils, legacy evolutions/prevolutions, and Regigigas. It is such a weird choice to not really give Sinnoh anything. What did Sinnoh ever do to TPC? Aside from star in the worst remakes in the history of remakes?

At least Vikavolt is back though.
Of the 107 Sinnoh Pokemon, base game switch had 46 of them in their regional dex and another 9 of its legendary/mythic Pokemon and is now set to get another 25 pokemon
Yeah they are mostly "special" or cross-gen Pokemon but like

That's still good. Base game Paldea actually has quite a lot of Sinnoh's standalone Pokemon lines as it is.

As a VGC player, I am glad and terrifiied that Incineroar is returning in DLC, but I feel like it may get a moveset nerf coming to Paldea. Also glad to see Lunala returning, cannot wait to run Koraidon + Lunala in the GS Cup 2 formats.

If Gourgeist really is left out, I have to wonder if the fact that size variance is now universal for Pokémon clashes with its established forms, which are named after sizes. After all, with the way that the forms are programmed now, couldn’t an Average form Gourgeist with a size value of 255 (which would make it eligible for the Jumbo Mark) theoretically have a larger model than a Large form Gourgeist with a size value of 0 (which would make it eligible for the Mini Mark)?

Perhaps GameFreak is planning to overhaul the way that Gourgeist’s forms are handled internally so that it doesn’t clash with the new size variance feature and this will delay its return, possibly to next generation…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)