ALL HAIL RAIKOU!

Well, for starters, this team is meant to be Hail Offensive. I had a set in mind, and it needed to used on Hail. Pretty simple. I'd appreciate some insight, and I really want to break at least the top ten pages of the PO tier page.

STEROIDS!! (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge

Fantastic Lead this metagame, and usually takes a few members before dying. This thing has killed Shandera so many times. Stone Edge because the rest of my team uses Ice Moves. Mainly meant to beat other Weather Inducers, deals with Ninetales and T-tar with Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge, respectively. Politoed is usually 2HKO'd by Machamp, who usually can't 2HKO back with a lot of them trying to Hypnosis me and either Missing, or getting Lum to wake it up. Hydro Pump has trouble 2HKO'ing counting all the misses. Hippowdon is a matter of handling Confusion Hax. The Genies get Stone Edges (Excluding African American Genie, aka Shazam! aka Shaq aka the Ground/Flying one, I switch out there ) to the moustache, Erufuun gets D-Punched, and the confusion hit is needed for a 2HKO. Kojondo looks like a Bitch when Sableye will-o-wisps it after it tried being sneaky and Faking out Machamp. It tends to die first, after getting one, two, or if I'm lucky three kills with it. Deo-s Gets Paybacked, but Deoxys-A is a bit of trouble,

Tentacruel (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Boil Over
- Toxic Spikes

I really love Toxic Spikes, it may be absorbed by other Grounded Poison Types, and steels may be immune, but I don't need the initial Damage from SR to nullify FEAron or other Focus or Sturdy abusers, because of Hail. Toxic Spikes severely weakens threats, and keeps them from staying in too long. Rapid Spin is a given on a Hail Team, Blizzard for Hail Abuse, and Boiling Water is to possibly burn the Attack-Oriented Steel Types. Roobushin is slightly checked seeing this thing, drain punch makes Bobo lose health, Mach Punch isn't strong enough, and Payback is Smeh,

Abomasnow (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 S.Def
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

Abomasnow is for Hail. HP is an Odd Number (I could definitely use help on this EV,) The rest I just put in S.Def because most resisted attacks come from that way. I don't wanna start with Abomasnow, because then it'd die early, and that would just make me sad, along with being a major inconvenience for me. SubPunch is for any team with both Hippowdon and Tyranitar. They usually start with Hippowdon, so after it's taken care of, T-tar comes in immediately after Abomasnow comes in, so I use sub on the first turn. They tend to expect me to Subseed so I Focus Punch T-tar to oblivion. Wood Hammer (Always seemed kinda dirty to me, it could be phallic if you think about it), is so I don't have to split EV's, can deal with Politoed and other Bulky Waters. Leech Seed to piss off people, and recover Help. The threat of Blizzard alone works, so I didn't use it.

James Bond (Sableye) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 255 HP / 120 Def / 132 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Taunt

This thing used to have Shandera in it's slot, but it's a fantastic Physical wall and Spin Blocker altogether. Priority WoW and Recover is great. I definitely needed it when Alakazam kept bludgeoning my team. Knock Off to cripple Physical Sweepers. This thing is so beautiful in action. It's very, very stylish.

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 240 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Part 1 of the Hail Sweeper Scene, This thing is power. This thing can take on anything outside of Blissey and Shedinja (Who are dealt with by T-Spikes and Hail). Substitute for sexy points. If the previous 4 members can take out at least three members of the other team, I can most often finish up with the SSSSweepers. I feel bad for this, it's like the Retarded Brother of Zekrom and Reshiram.

Raikou @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Part of the Super Sexy Super Sweepers I've always wanted to try this, but I never bothered to. This cleans up, or gives Kyurem something to clean up. This thing has Electivire's coverage except you can actually use Raikou. W-Ball for BoltBeam Coverage, very, very sexy.

So how does it look?

STEROIDS!! (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SDef / 4 Spd
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge

Fantastic Lead this metagame, and usually takes a few members before dying. This thing has killed Shandera so many times. Stone Edge because the rest of my team uses Ice Moves. Mainly meant to beat other Weather Inducers, deals with Ninetales and T-tar with Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge, respectively. Politoed is usually 2HKO'd by Machamp, who usually can't 2HKO back with a lot of them trying to Hypnosis me and either Missing, or getting Lum to wake it up. Hydro Pump has trouble 2HKO'ing counting all the misses. Hippowdon is a matter of handling Confusion Hax. The Genies get Stone Edges (Excluding African American Genie, aka Shazam! aka Shaq aka the Ground/Flying one, I switch out there ) to the moustache, Erufuun gets D-Punched, and the confusion hit is needed for a 2HKO. Kojondo looks like a Bitch when Sableye will-o-wisps it after it tried being sneaky and Faking out Machamp. It tends to die first, after getting one, two, or if I'm lucky three kills with it. Deo-s Gets Paybacked, but Deoxys-A is a bit of trouble,
With No Guard, Hypnosis never misses. Politoed can also destroy you with STAB Hydro Pump, which never misses thanks to No Guard...

Hi! A lot of threats can sweep your team after setting up. I reccomend changing Abomnosnow to a Choice Scarf set. This means you can Revenge a lot of things. It Lao does much better than your current set. Kyurem is awesome but try Frozen World over Sunsitute. This allows you to lower the opponents speed, allowing you to beat things such as Heatran. Finally Raikou shpuld be running Volt Change. This allows Raikou to form a early game role as a scouted. GL with your team.

With No Guard, Hypnosis never misses. Politoed can also destroy you with STAB Hydro Pump, which never misses thanks to No Guard...
It needs Choice Specs for an OHKO, and most Politoed are either Choice Scarf or Bulky, so I see no issues there.

252 Modest Politoed Hydro Pump in the rain
vs. 240/16 Adamant Lum Berry Machamp : 280 - 331 73.5% - 86.9%

So if your Raikou has Electivire's coverage, I think it should have an Expert Belt. Raikou is pretty bulky, so if it dies after an Earthquake and 2HKOing the attacker, that's a bit of a problem.

So if your Raikou has Electivire's coverage, I think it should have an Expert Belt. Raikou is pretty bulky, so if it dies after an Earthquake and 2HKOing the attacker, that's a bit of a problem.
That's a pretty cool idea, but I'll do the calcs later and see if I need the power on neutral hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)