All Buffs and Nerfs in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

Oh yeah, but from what I get, it only activates once, whereas with Sun/ET it lasts as long as those two are active
im curious about this, the description of the item doesn’t say anything about it being consumable but I’ve heard mixed reports on if it is or isn’t a one time thing or not. Haven’t seen any conformation oneway or the other though, curious if it has been tested yet

im curious about this, the description of the item doesn’t say anything about it being consumable but I’ve heard mixed reports on if it is or isn’t a one time thing or not. Haven’t seen any conformation oneway or the other though, curious if it has been tested yet
It's consumable, people have tested it.
Also buried deep somewhere the datamine thread, sadly most stuff is in there :P

I do not know if this was asked/commented before but, I was thinking about protean and teracrystalization.
Is it confirmed how that works? I mean, will teratypes change for protean pokemons?

It's consumable, people have tested it.
Also buried deep somewhere the datamine thread, sadly most stuff is in there :P
good to know, thanks! Hard to find stuff in there with how huge it is lol. That definitely hurts the paradox pokemon’s viability a bit, although I’m sure at least some of them will be pretty good still. I suppose it’s kinda like mental herb (or whichever one resets stats, never can keep them apart) on a shell smashPokémon

good to know, thanks! Hard to find stuff in there with how huge it is lol. That definitely hurts the paradox pokemon’s viability a bit, although I’m sure at least some of them will be pretty good still. I suppose it’s kinda like mental herb (or whichever one resets stats, never can keep them apart) on a shell smashPokémon
Sorta, except you don't exactly have control upon it, it's more like terrain seeds on Unburden sweepers like Hawluchka

this has probably been said a million times but the overall removal of Scald/Defog is so overly frustrating, because so many Pokémon who had them removed needed those moves (or, by logic, should be able to use it in Defog's case - can birds no longer flap their wings??)

Slowbro, Slowking, Vaporeon, Quagsire, Pelipper, Gastrodon.. hell even Toxapex and Alolomola losing Scald doesn't make a lot of sense. If they wanted to limit its usage, they could've pulled a semi-Toxic situation and just allowed Water types to use it.

I'm hoping that the real big losses, such as Knock Off, Triple Axel, Defog, Grassy Glide, Expanding Force, Rising Voltage, and the other non-TM, rarely learned moves come back as move tutors in the DLC. (Scald is probably gone because it was removed from everything sans Volcanion)

this has probably been said a million times but the overall removal of Scald/Defog is so overly frustrating, because so many Pokémon who had them removed needed those moves (or, by logic, should be able to use it in Defog's case - can birds no longer flap their wings??)

Slowbro, Slowking, Vaporeon, Quagsire, Pelipper, Gastrodon.. hell even Toxapex and Alolomola losing Scald doesn't make a lot of sense. If they wanted to limit its usage, they could've pulled a semi-Toxic situation and just allowed Water types to use it.

I'm hoping that the real big losses, such as Knock Off, Triple Axel, Defog, Grassy Glide, Expanding Force, Rising Voltage, and the other non-TM, rarely learned moves come back as move tutors in the DLC. (Scald is probably gone because it was removed from everything sans Volcanion)
I do think you misunderstand what "removed" means

Almost all of the "lost" moves were TMs or Tutors.
When TMs get changed, the ones that werent in movesets dont become available that gen.
Scald for example wasnt naturally learned by any pokemon other than Volcanion.

Defog and Knock Off are similar, natural learners are extremely rare, almost all are from TMs or 2 gen old tutors.

Notably, most of these were already gone last gen. Only reason people seem to only notice now is cause there's no transfers available (yet) so you cant get knock off weavile from a gen 7 game.

These moves arent "lost" or removed. Most of these havent been in movesets for over 4 years.
Just since smogon allows transfer moves, it's less the case in here, but VGC hasnt had knock off distributed outside natural learners for 3 years already.

I do think you misunderstand what "removed" means

Almost all of the "lost" moves were TMs or Tutors.
When TMs get changed, the ones that werent in movesets dont become available that gen.
Scald for example wasnt naturally learned by any pokemon other than Volcanion.

Defog and Knock Off are similar, natural learners are extremely rare, almost all are from TMs or 2 gen old tutors.

Notably, most of these were already gone last gen. Only reason people seem to only notice now is cause there's no transfers available (yet) so you cant get knock off weavile from a gen 7 game.

These moves arent "lost" or removed. Most of these havent been in movesets for over 4 years.
Just since smogon allows transfer moves, it's less the case in here, but VGC hasnt had knock off distributed outside natural learners for 3 years already.
Well, no I do understand what removed means lol, my wording was off, but I just meant overall removed from movesets through method removal. And it was more in relation to Scald since it was a TM/TR for the last 4 generations, it just seems odd to remove it from that selection and thus hinder the movepools.

You have a point with Knock Off, since I only play competitive really using Showdown I wasn't fully aware it was mainly a transfer move (I was aware it wasn't a TM/TR/Tutor etc but I was probably just ignorant to who properly learned it, I just assumed that Pokemon such as Weavile, who fits with the move really well, learned it naturally)

Scald removal is a bit weird but likely was cut (at least for now) due to the fact it had became the de-facto move ran by water types. There is almost no reason to ever use Surf or Hydro Pump over Scald due to the benefit and no-drawback of the move.

Even in vgc, where defensive pokes are rarer, the only time you saw non-scald were Kyogre and dynamax/zmove for hydro pump or hydro cannon.
Otherwise, scald and occasionally muddy water were always the go-to.

Why wouldn't it? From what National Dex was in Gen VIII, in merely brought cut stuff back
Nat Dex isn’t “real” is my issue. We don’t know any of the cut Pokemon’s learnsets or if they get access to new moves and TMs, so the tier plays as if it’s a fan fic.

This Gen will cement that because they’re pruning a lot of famous moves like Softboiled, Toxic and Scald from most mons’ learnsets which Natdex will probably keep around.

Its a cool idea, but not everyone’s cup of tea

This Gen will cement that because they’re pruning a lot of famous moves like Softboiled, Toxic and Scald from most mons’ learnsets which Natdex will probably keep around.
Daily reminder this is not confirmed in the slightest. Don't bandage your head before it's broken in first place.

Gen 8 started exactly same way (with 0 compatibility as Home wasn't even a thing in first place).
Honestly if Centro didn't traumatize everyone with that baseless rumour, noone would be talking of "cut moveslot" right now.

At this point despite being favorable to "moveset reset" myself, I can't wait for Home to reintroduce the usual compatibility just so people shut up about it and realize that Centro just copies things from forums and reddit without actually having any source themselves.

...who am I kidding, random redditors and youtubers will believe Centro either ways, it doesn't help that certain famous smogon players are also advertising them as true on their youtube channels...

Daily reminder this is not confirmed in the slightest. Don't bandage your head before it's broken in first place.

Gen 8 started exactly same way (with 0 compatibility as Home wasn't even a thing in first place).
Honestly if Centro didn't traumatize everyone with that baseless rumour, noone would be talking of "cut moveslot" right now.

At this point despite being favorable to "moveset reset" myself, I can't wait for Home to reintroduce the usual compatibility just so people shut up about it and realize that Centro just copies things from forums and reddit without actually having any source themselves.

...who am I kidding, random redditors and youtubers will believe Centro either ways, it doesn't help that certain famous smogon players are also advertising them as true on their youtube channels...
I’d rather prepare for the worst. This is the biggest moveset prune ever and it targeted a bunch of famously problematic moves that everyone complains about. It feels a little too targeted this time around mixed with the new egg tutoring mechanic.

The people who get most upset are the ones who say “it’s never gonna happen!” and then feel betrayed when it does happen. I’d rather be doom and gloom and then say “and I was right.” or “I am happy I was wrong.”

According to the official website, which was updated 2 days ago:
The moves a Pokémon can learn may differ between Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, and other Pokémon games. For this reason, if a Pokémon is moved via Pokémon HOME to a game where it cannot learn its current move set, then its move set will be replaced with moves that it is able to learn in the target software.

So there may be some truth in that rumor.

The moves a Pokémon can learn may differ between Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, and other Pokémon games. For this reason, if a Pokémon is moved via Pokémon HOME to a game where it cannot learn its current move set, then its move set will be replaced with moves that it is able to learn in the target software.

These lines were there due to the fact of how PLA, BDSP and SwSh work.
Note that the "cannot learn" is referring to the fact the moves present in the game are actually different between the 3 above, while as of now none of the moves in SwSh is "axed" in SV as far as effect goes.
Doesn't have to do anything with SV, expecially since Home compatibility for SV was mentioned a month ago and not 2 days ago.

Can someone confirm if Ability Patch can supposedly now go from Hidden Ability to regular ability? (If yes, as mentioned earlier this would be evidence in favor of a moveset reset, because no more Virtual Console Machamp + Fissure + No Guard.)
You know people mention this one a lot but it'd still be a moveset illegal in VGC, I doubt they've actually ever cared for that one and it being unavailable was just a indirect consequence of the way transfer worked.
Kind of a Wish Chansey case.

Yes. As we know, BDSP <-> PLA messes with your moves.

No mention of SV. At least not yet. Which means we're still on unconfirmed status.

Scald removal is a bit weird but likely was cut (at least for now) due to the fact it had became the de-facto move ran by water types. There is almost no reason to ever use Surf or Hydro Pump over Scald due to the benefit and no-drawback of the move.

Even in vgc, where defensive pokes are rarer, the only time you saw non-scald were Kyogre and dynamax/zmove for hydro pump or hydro cannon.
Otherwise, scald and occasionally muddy water were always the go-to.
Honestly, I wish they didn't beat around the bush and just straight up cut Scald from the game.

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Hello everyone, ive come to chill for Chesnaught, and his new shinny tool BODY PRESS
You lads like BP Corv? and how about BP Skarm? Well, look at this
Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
You can also change rocky for leftovers, base Ches already has a comfy defense, but once he grabs an Iron Defense (a move he has btw) walls every single Phisical Attacker in current OU barring a few cases like Fire types and+2 Kartana, it now struggles with 4MSS since no spikes, look at him go man

Sneasler gets unburden and fake out? So it could normal gem a fake out and get free damage and speed? That's gonna be really good competitively, and it's attack and speed stats are already so high, I'm gonna guess it's gonna be OU at least, but then again the meta changes a lot, and with the item that prevents fake out flinch it might not be as good. This meta is going to be exciting!

Sneasler gets unburden and fake out? So it could normal gem a fake out and get free damage and speed? That's gonna be really good competitively, and it's attack and speed stats are already so high, I'm gonna guess it's gonna be OU at least, but then again the meta changes a lot, and with the item that prevents fake out flinch it might not be as good. This meta is going to be exciting!
Eh, noone will run that item in singles. Fake Out isn't really a move most pokes run in singles, expecially if they're already fast and not called Mega Lopunny.

Doubles/VGC however, that's another story, some relevant supportive pokes like Trick Room setters or glass cannons may opt to run it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)