All Buffs and Nerfs in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

Its not a big deal in Showdown, because we have access to egg moves, but maaaaaan- wtf is Blissey even supposed to do in the actual game?…
- lost aromatherapy, wish and toxic?

In game she now lives and dies by weather or not her seismic toss and heal bell parents actually get added into the game to pass them to her via breeding…
(Which looks like didnt happen in S/V, so shes just dead lol…)

Never seen a Pokémon get gutted so hard in my life
Remember that egg moves can now be transferred cross species.
Blissey can get both moves from any pokemon that learns them

Its not a big deal in Showdown, because we have access to egg moves, but maaaaaan- wtf is Blissey even supposed to do in the actual game?…
- lost aromatherapy, wish and toxic?

In game she now lives and dies by weather or not her seismic toss and heal bell parents actually get added into the game to pass them to her via breeding…
(Which looks like didnt happen in S/V, so shes just dead lol…)

Never seen a Pokémon get gutted so hard in my life
All you need is a Mirror Herb and a Seismic Toss Mankey. Some wild ones even have it by default.

Egg Move passing doesn't need actual breeding anymore. Hell, I've heard of someone getting an egg move from an egg that hadn't even hatched yet.

If anything, Blissey kinda got buffed because it's easier than ever for it to get Seismo.

All you need is a Mirror Herb and a Seismic Toss Mankey. Some wild ones even have it by default.

Egg Move passing doesn't need actual breeding anymore. Hell, I've heard of someone getting an egg move from an egg that hadn't even hatched yet.

If anything, Blissey kinda got buffed because it's easier than ever for it to get Seismo.
I just caught a RAID Blissey with Seismic Toss. I wonder if all egg moves can be gotten this way

Dummy question, but does the Tera Type replaces your original type even if you only have one, or it gets added to it?
I know it changes with dual types, but don't know if you only have one

Dummy question, but does the Tera Type replaces your original type even if you only have one, or it gets added to it?
I know it changes with dual types, but don't know if you only have one
Teralyzing always transforms you in a monotype of the Tera type.

So even if you are, say, mono Normal, and Teralyze into a Fighting type the pokemon will become monoFighting (while keeping Normal stab)

Is Knock Off just gone? Is that why so many mons are losing the move?

I don't like this, because Knock Off is fantastic utility. Knocking away heavy Gliscor's Toxic Orb is an amazing way to ruin what is otherwise a scary wall, as it preventing guts abusers from getting those self inflicted status conditions. Yeah, removing leftovers, heavy duty boots, and berries are nice as always but even minor stuff like removing Choice items, life orb and eviolite has applications.

Hopefully it is just distributed less, rather than removed outright.
Seems like it's still in the game as pokemon such as tinkaton and pelipper have it still

That seemed odd to me so after looking it up it turns out that they uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh forgot to assign egg moves to Alolan Grimer.Like at all. oops!

I am guessing that issue will be resolved by the next update.
Luvdisc is in the same boat and they accidently made all of Zangoose's egg moves relearner-only moves.

Alolan Muk, Cacturne and Luvdisc don't have their Egg Moves available (unless it gets fixed in a future update). Zangoose at least gets it all by Move Reminder, which I guess benefits the player that they don't have to breed for a certain move

As it is now, I'd not consider anything of the pokemon not already available naturally in game as "true".
Even in SwSh, before Home released, there were datamined movesets that ended up being changed with the Home compatibility patch (most notably a lot of people went pepega when realizing the tapus didn't get the Terrain-boosted moves).

Any missing egg move, fucked up evo method or accidental mistake like Zangoose will likely be fixed when the pokemon become actually legitimately available in the games either via Home, events or future DLCs.

Any missing egg move, fucked up evo method or accidental mistake like Zangoose will likely be fixed when the pokemon become actually legitimately available in the games either via Home, events or future DLCs.
What are you talking about? Cacnea/Cacturne, Luvdisc, and Zangoose both have screwed up egg move learnsets AND are in the Paldea Pokedex. You can catch them right now just by playing SV.

What are you talking about? Cacnea/Cacturne, Luvdisc, and Zangoose both have screwed up egg move learnsets AND are in the Paldea Pokedex. You can catch them right now just by playing SV.
Still applies to what I said, unless they are intentional changes (which I doubt, expecially the Zangoose case) they'll be sorted up in the Home compatibility patch.

Also honestly who the hell cares for Luvdisc? That pokemon could have only Splash in its moveset and would still be the same.

It's very funny they fixed the Basculin-H evolution issue but not the egg move issue tbh
Let's be fair, outside of some people on this forum and maybe whoever handles moveset data on Bulbapedia/Serebii, probably noone even noticed... Who is ever going to go teach egg moves to a Zangoose or Cacturne in this time and age

People who like using a specific species? Seriously dude, what the hell is that attitude?

Also, the Tapu move issue was due to the HOME datamine, as they were flagged there as compatible with said moves. Not the same thing as actually being coded in the game, but, we saw base stats change in the day 1 patch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)