Alias Megathread

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Kris said to make a new thread instead of posting in the regieleki one

some are more common than others but I think most of these are used pretty frequently

pult for dragapult
bro for slowbro
swine for mamoswine
tar for tyranitar
bi for celebi
clops for dusclops
loom for breloom
mie for starmie
phan for donphan

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Idk if this is stepping out of bounds but here's a few RBY ones;
  • Cruel = Tentacruel (it starts with it but you end up with tentacool which is super annoying)
  • Bull = Tauros
  • Egg = Exeggutor
  • Cuno = Articuno
  • Zam = Alakazam
  • Zard = Charizard (could add x/y to end for megas)
  • M2 = Mewtwo
  • Buzz = Electabuzz
  • Queen = Nidoqueen
prolly more but eh it's a start, I'll edit with more

striking through anything that has been added

Last edited:

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pyuk -> Pyukumuku
Mewtwox/Mewtwoy -> Mewtwo-Mega-X/Mewtwo-Mega-y
Rilla -> Rillaboom
Spec or Spect -> Spectrier
Glas or Glast -> Glastrier

Borghi

Banana eater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just did a quick look-see since I started the other thread, some suggestions could be

Zolt for Arctozolt and Dracozolt
Vish for Arctovish and Dracovish
Drago for Regidrago
Pult for Dragapult

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Please use different threads for aliases and compound words. Most of these autocompletes already exist, too:

1611594376220.png

I was specifically asking for parts of names that don't appear when you type them in the teambuilder.

I Want to say '' when you do /dt as one it shows phione. U need to search /dt as one (horse name) i think u can just make it easier it confuses many people also. U can make it like if u do /dt as one it shows about both ice horse and shodaw horse ability. Or something else but that phione confuses much

Last edited:
Original Title: Neutralizing Gas as Ngas

Title says it all.

This is one of those mechanics with a long (and annoying to type) name that people often question the function of a lot that I believe it would be very helpful to add the alias 'ngas' when using /dt. A lot of people call it that, anyway.

Thanks in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:
since previous posts here got removed, i'll try to address the elephant in the room in a less combative way. i realize that it's already a commonly used abbreviation in some communities, and the OP clearly isn't in bad faith, but i think there should be more discussion regarding it due to how closely it resembles the n-word. i think it would be best to come up with an abbreviation that's less potentially offensive, even if it will require a slight adjustment period for some.

since previous posts here got removed, i'll try to address the elephant in the room in a less combative way. i realize that it's already a commonly used abbreviation in some communities, and the OP clearly isn't in bad faith, but i think there should be more discussion regarding it due to how closely it resembles the n-word. i think it would be best to come up with an abbreviation that's less potentially offensive, even if it will require a slight adjustment period for some.
What about Neut-Gas?

That genuinely did not cross my mind and I was honestly confused by the weird reacts and responses I got; such juvenility.

Thank you for addressing this concern in a realistic and authentic way. I'll let people chime in on what they think is best.

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Gas has issues imo with not being specific enough and could easily refer to corrosive gas instead which is a fairly common move on Pokemon that have it but not knock off. To give an appropriate example here, in DLC1 UU Weezing-Galar commonly ran Corrosive Gas on its movesets as a great way to punish pokemon like slowbro, and Neutralising Gas as an ability, and just referring to it as Gas Weezing was unclear to which it meant, while being the name previously used to refer to neutralising gas sets in the past before this move was common on it.

it's not a big deal at all, but ik a lot of people call kommo-o 'clanger' and they would surely appreciate it, spelling out kommo-o for !dt isn't very convenient on mobile.

besides, if alolan exeggutor can have 'neckboi'....

That genuinely did not cross my mind and I was honestly confused by the weird reacts and responses I got.

Thank you for addressing this concern in a realistic and authentic way.

I will change my OP and yes, I agree with changing it to 'neut-gas' or 'gas'.

How does 'gas' sound? Sounds much better for obvious reasons.
I think just Gas indeed works. It could be both since Gas could be confused with stuff like Poison Gas.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I don't have a problem with this but why is this being done in the search thread?

1613379332847.png

Although I think we should probably use the client search feature for the lookup functions; that's something I've been meaning to work on for a while.

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The terms next to the parentheses are often used in the AG community, referring to the mons in the parentheses:

Etern (Eternatus)
Caly-I (Calyrex-Ice)
Caly-S (Calyrex-Shadow)
Goth (Gothitelle)
Bacon Birb (Yveltal)

EDIT:
I just realized this one wasn't already implemented:
Marsh (Marshadow)

Last edited:

Pokemh

Banned deucer.
There terms are used commonly in the om community/1v1 community

Mbro (Mega slowbro) Because of the return of retro om ladder and it’s a pretty decent mon is usum ph

Emax (Eternamax) Although it’s only usable in Galar PH and Custom Game format’s alot of people use Emax rather than eternamax

Kiss (Togekiss) A really annoying scarf user for 1v1 and a solid bulky mon for OU formats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)