Albatross' Nest - (Commissions Closed ATM)

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
man i absolutely love your artstyle, gives me relaxing, magical vibes.
also congrats on being approved!!
Thank you gamers :psyglad:

Update post because I've done a large chunk of requests. Didn't finish all of them because I normally copy/paste the requests onto my canvas then go through them one by one but I accidentally hid some of them and didn't realise until two seconds ago I'm lazy, so I'll get those done at some point in the near future. Also approved artist pog

mr rime doin a little dance with some mime jrs
Reuqests1.png

I just thought the idea of Mr Rime doing ballet was really funny. The Mime Jrs don't seem to be enjoying it as much tho lol

an impostor from among us sitting down browsing the forums on their computer while drinking coca-cola
Reuqests2.png

Forgot to add the forum thing, but I think Megamind is a good replacement lol
I hate the fact that I drew this

Reuqests3.png

A cramorant swallowing az's Pikachu
Reuqests4.png

giratina swallowing the cramorant
Reuqests5.png

Sans watching Giratina swallow the cramorant
Reuqests6.png

I am full of regrets

Doubles Little Cup_Border.png

Banner time woooo, at first Ponyta was being ridden by a Cottonee but I couldn't figure out how to make it look decent (trying to make it sit on Ponyta + hold a lance was really awkward lol), so after a quick talk with the requester they said it was fine to replace it with Rufflet. Porygon is using Trick Room, in case it wasn't obvious, I was originally going to draw a cube with a grid like in the main games to represent Trick Room but it was really visually crowded, so instead I went with the Battle Revolution method of representing it; floating cubes!
I know its not obvious but Rufflet is supposed to be using Tailwind, like with Trick Room I tried to copy the in game method of portraying it but it didn't end up looking that good, so I just drew some dust and leaves lol

Also page #2 let's go

Thank you gamers :psyglad:

Update post because I've done a large chunk of requests. Didn't finish all of them because I normally copy/paste the requests onto my canvas then go through them one by one but I accidentally hid some of them and didn't realise until two seconds ago I'm lazy, so I'll get those done at some point in the near future. Also approved artist pog

View attachment 348432
I just thought the idea of Mr Rime doing ballet was really funny. The Mime Jrs don't seem to be enjoying it as much tho lol

View attachment 348435
Forgot to add the forum thing, but I think Megamind is a good replacement lol
I hate the fact that I drew this

View attachment 348442
Banner time woooo, at first Ponyta was being ridden by a Cottonee but I couldn't figure out how to make it look decent (trying to make it sit on Ponyta + hold a lance was really awkward lol), so after a quick talk with the requester they said it was fine to replace it with Rufflet. Porygon is using Trick Room, in case it wasn't obvious, I was originally going to draw a cube with a grid like in the main games to represent Trick Room but it was really visually crowded, so instead I went with the Battle Revolution method of representing it; floating cubes!
I know its not obvious but Rufflet is supposed to be using Tailwind, like with Trick Room I tried to copy the in game method of portraying it but it didn't end up looking that good, so I just drew some dust and leaves lol

Also page #2 let's go
Pog

Albatross

Ok after a brief period of hibernation I am back with the finished requests and some pet mod stuff

if you could draw this i would be very happy

little rat dude.png

That's a funky little dude lol

anyway i know you're probably facing a deluge of requests rn, but could please you draw a very angry togetic using flamethrower? i'd appreciate it
oh dear who gave togetic a flamethrower.png

You overestimate how popular I am lol, make sure to keep this Togetic far, far away from any flammables

These are all for Branched Potential because I'm boring and haven't seen any other mods that interest me yet
dragalgeEvo1.png

dragalgeEvo2.png

These two are both Dragalge evolutions, the first just being a cut and dry evolution based loosely off basilisks and the second being a Poison/Fire type based off hydrothermal geysers. Both of these designs - and all the ones below - are all WIPs that I drew because I was bored/wanted to see how well they'd work, so that's why they're all really sketchy and low quality lol

the dhelmise ones.png

These two fellas are part of the Dhelmise line, with the little kelp circle being the pre-evolution and the kelp Wailord being the branched counterpart to Dhelmise. The general idea is that the prevo is a parasitical Pokemon pretending to be a piece of kelp, and it either attaches itself onto an anchor to evolve into Dhelmise, or onto a Wailord, because I thought that was funny
It has 170 HP and 85 in both defences, because I'm also evil

the rats.png

Ok these two are huge WIPs, definitely gonna change them in the future. They're both winning submissions and I'm 99% sure the only reason they won is because of Remmy the Raticate up in the left corner. The other rat is based on a beaver but nobody cares about that one, we only give a damn about Ratichef. Yes, that is its actual name. Yes, I am a comedy genius

Ok after a brief period of hibernation I am back with the finished requests and some pet mod stuff

View attachment 349733
That's a funky little dude lol

View attachment 349734
You overestimate how popular I am lol, make sure to keep this Togetic far, far away from any flammables

These are all for Branched Potential because I'm boring and haven't seen any other mods that interest me yet
View attachment 349735
View attachment 349736
These two are both Dragalge evolutions, the first just being a cut and dry evolution based loosely off basilisks and the second being a Poison/Fire type based off hydrothermal geysers. Both of these designs - and all the ones below - are all WIPs that I drew because I was bored/wanted to see how well they'd work, so that's why they're all really sketchy and low quality lol

View attachment 349739
These two fellas are part of the Dhelmise line, with the little kelp circle being the pre-evolution and the kelp Wailord being the branched counterpart to Dhelmise. The general idea is that the prevo is a parasitical Pokemon pretending to be a piece of kelp, and it either attaches itself onto an anchor to evolve into Dhelmise, or onto a Wailord, because I thought that was funny
It has 170 HP and 85 in both defences, because I'm also evil

View attachment 349754
Ok these two are huge WIPs, definitely gonna change them in the future. They're both winning submissions and I'm 99% sure the only reason they won is because of Remmy the Raticate up in the left corner. The other rat is based on a beaver but nobody cares about that one, we only give a damn about Ratichef. Yes, that is its actual name. Yes, I am a comedy genius
the poggiest of poggies

Albatross

saw your newest role compendium art, once again you continue making bangers
also

View attachment 351488
SAYS THE GUY WITH NO CAR INSURANCE
What can I say, the bird always delivers lol
Also thank you so much

I've been drawing a lot of Pokemon recently, specifically Lurantis
Like, a worrying amount of Lurantis
I might need help
Anyways more art!

landorass1.png

landorass2.png

The text on second image says "I centralise the meta, Jon. it's what I do", in case you can't read it
I don't know why I did this tbh. It just sorta happened

OU_Spread_Compendium.png

Yeah this is the latest banner, not a lot to say here really lol. It took me a few tried to spell compendium correctly because I'm smooth brained and words just slide straight off it, but I got there in the end :)

lurantis i love lurantis mmmmmmm lurantis.png

Some Lurantis sketches bc I wanted to try out a brush I just found. Definitely enjoyed making this, 10/10 will be doing more sketches sometime in the future
I have drawn more Lurantis, but its all on lame ass paper and low quality and stuff, so I'm not gonna share it lol

Albatross

My drawing wrist has spontaneously decided to develop carpal tunnel or some shit. It's been hurting a lil and I don't wanna have to go to hospital and get a wrist brace for it so I'm laying low with the art stuff, haven't been drawing much recently. I do have a couple of WIPs I had to stop working on to tide over the masses though

mmm cloud.png

This is just something I drew on a whim, wanted to draw some more clouds. I need to adjust the colours and maybe add some background stuff but it's looking alright so far ig

a lil funky dude.png

Another WIP, this is just a sketch of a lil funky dude whose design I haven't sorted out fully yet. I'm probably gonna make him either black and blue or white and orange, I'm not entire sure yet so I'll see what works better lol

Albatross

Hello gamers its drawin' time

albatross2.png

Pastel Burnt from hit indie game OFF But Epic. I'm probably gonna replace this with something less sketchy in the future, but rn I'm pretty happy keeping this. Also I'm lazy and don't have any better ideas for pfps so we're sticking with this funky dude for the moment

1625760364923.png

The background for the pfp comes from the in-game battle screen. I really like a lot of the character design in OFF, and also was feeling very uncreative, which is why i just drew one of the enemies as a sorta bird and called it a day lol

UU_Teambuilding_Lab.png

I swear basically all of my banners so far have included horse riding in one for or another lol. I'm not especially interested in horses so I don't know how this happened, but hey, at least they've turned out alright

dudes.png

I couldn't decide between black and blue or white and orange, so I just said fuck it and went with both. I'll probably revise his design a few more times, but he's a funky looking dude and I'm pretty happy with him rn

aw yeah.png

The day I do actual lineart instead of shitty sketchy lineart will be the day I die lol

Albatross

Quick update with some epic banners for some epic petmods that I made in a few hours lol

Alternatium_Banner.png

The Darm twins (: Shading with red is really funky, but I think Galarian Darmantian (aka Garm) turned out ok, even if it doesn't have some cool fire

Hoenn_Gaiden_Banner.png

Tyrantiar has such a stupid fucking head lol. Anyways tried out a new brush for shading, I think it looks aight I'll probably use it again

girl.png

0 effort woman art lol, yeah the colour bleeds out of the lineart and I'm too lazy to shade properly but do I give a damn? Hell no!
Also fuck clothing all my homies hate clothing

Anyways Alternatium and Hoenn Gaiden are cool big shoutout to them go look at them, thanks fellas have a groovy day

Albatross

Art badge pog let's go gamers, sorry for the lack of posting I've been busy with irl and pet mod stuff. Small update because I've mostly been working on this one piece, but hopefully I'll have more art to share in the near future lol

Branched_Potential.png

Fuck, this took a while to make lol. This banner is for Branched Potential, a pet mod that aims to create branching evolutions for existing Pokemon akin to the Slowbro/Slowking line. All the Pokemon shown are fakemons that won their respective slates and are either coded into Dragon Haven or are planned to be coded in the near future
From top to bottom, left to right:
Algalisk (design by me)
Annhailord (design by me)
Frigarow (design by JosJet)
Charodile (design by Gravity Monkey)
Storrow (design by JosJet)
Blastonoise (submission by Paulluxx, design by me)
Lapidour (design by me)
Hornetox (submission by RedwoodRogue, design by me)

dogis.png

Dogi and Mega Dogi

bunnee.png

Bunne and Mega Bunne. These lil dudes are both huges wips, I'll probably majorly redesign them soon but oh well lol

Albatross

Anyways more pet mod stuff because I'm sleep deprived and don't have the brain cells to make actual art. I did also make a logo for the BKC Premier League though, specifically for the Undrafted Urshifus as a request for a friend, which is neat

undrafted_urshifus.png

Ok I'll be honest I really cba to write anything substantial about this other than I drew it for esteemed friend Paulluxx and that I forgot to work on it for a full week bc I have tiny smooth brain and common sense just runs straight off the lack of wrinkles in my brain. This was cool to work on though, and gl to Paul and his team (:

pitchasaur.png

mega pitchasaur.png

First up we've got Pitchasaur, which is just Venusaur with a pitcher plant. Really groundbreaking stuff, ik

blastonoise.png

Next we have Blastonoise and it's mega evolution. In our current metagame base Blastonoise is really good (I'm pretty sure S tier?), which is pretty neat. The mega isn't that bad either, but there are way better megas to fuck with than Blastonoise's
Can you guess which one of these is a rescaled sketch I couldn't bothered to clean up lol

lucario(s).png

These two fellas are WIP designs for the current slate. If they win then they'll definitely get upgraded, but since voting hasn't begun yet I don't plan to touch them for a while

deled phox.png

Another WIP that I will 100% be revamping. Honestly not too happy with this design, I've found Braixen is a weird Pokemon to design an evolution around, since it's incredibly easy to make said evolution look like Braixen but Taller. This feels like a step in the right direction though, so thats good ig

Last edited:

Albatross

you are so good, it's almost illegal
Thank you, but don't tell the FBI that lol they might catch onto my actual crimes (:

Art update, been mostly doing traditional stuff which is my excuse for the lack of updates. Only two drawings today, I really need to do more digital stuff lol

Sevii_Island_Temp_Islands.png

A temporary banner for a Pet Mod that's yet to be approved, (Pokemon) Crystal: Sevii Islands, of which I am council. Originally I was going to wait for it to get approved + have a few slates under its belt before making a banner, but before it was posted I happened to be drawing an Umbreon and just said Fuck It, Make This A Banner For The Pet Mod. Anyways I would link something here on the off chance that someone reading this is interested in checking it out, but it hasn't been approved yet, so all I can provide is a link to the submission post lol

Also fun fact but the island in the distance is island 5

Woman (hell yeah).png

A Woman with rabbit mask + rabbit ear headband that I drew out of boredom. Also made this with a limited palette bc I was feeling extra dense and didn't want to bother with different colours

Albatross

More updates, been playing around with coloured lineart a bit since I find it fun to do and think it looks cool, but nothing too wacky today lol, just the Summer drawing thing + two pieces where I gave up during the shading phase but still decided to post them bc it feels weird just uploading one drawing at a time

My submissions for this years Summer illustration event, I cba to check what the official name for it is so please pretend I got it right on both attempts. Honestly this really didn't take that long to draw and there's nothing notable to say about it other than I hate Flabebe and very much like Lurantis. Think this was the first time I've used layer masks in actual months - had to use them to outline the flowers in the foreground effectively, that's the only viable thing I can ever see myself using them for. Is there a better way to utilise layer masks? Probably. Do I care? Not at all

lopun.png

Ok so here's a Lopunny sketch that I decided to colour and shade because I was bored and had nothing better to do. Anyways moving on

unicorn girl.png

Unicorn lady with fluffy split hooves and uhhh four eyes because I think they look neat. This was mostly done as an anatomy practice kinda thing so a lot of it was heavily referenced. A lot of the more fantasy/mythology do unicorns count as mythologies??/?? inspired people I draw tend to have fluffy feet because I like that aesthetic and it's really fun to draw. I can't really explain the four eyes thing though so you're gonna have to live with that decision whether you like it or not
Anyways cleaning up art is an absolute chore and I really can't be bothered to do it sometimes tbh. My excuse for the piss poor shading is that I was trying out a new shading method and also recovering from a fever when I did it
Yes, my actual excuse for messy art is that I did it in a fever dream. I enjoyed drawing this a lot, I just really can't be arsed to clean it up rn lol. I'll 100% be experimenting more with different shading techniques in the future though, and will probably draw this unnamed lady more as well because I think she looks swag, so that's cool ig

Albatross

Soooooo gooood
Thank You Paul, Very Cool

Been drawing a lot of space/galaxy related stuff recently, I'm a huge fan of the aesthetic and its relatively quick to draw. I've also got some sexy sexy article art and a banner for you all which is very swag if you ask me

Large lad Silvally-Ground getting banned from ZU like an absolute fucking loser lol
Got this done within a day or so, had to get it done quickly but I'm happy with the results. 90% of my time spent on this was with the hind legs, mostly because I couldn't find a good reference to use for it and all my attempts reference-less were pretty shitty. Regardless though, first article art pog
(Article is here btw)

branched_potential_role_comp.png

Funny dog runs, more at 11
Ok so this was originally just a drawing of one Branched Potential's Pokemon I drew because I was bored, but it was then adapted into a banner for the New! Role Compendium (found here if you're interested). Honestly I really like this, even though the anatomy is a bit scuffed bc I don't draw dogs I'm still very happy with how this turned out

dog runnin.png

Some concept art, nothing much to add tbh just funny "cat" dude

Now that I've uploaded the images I realise that they both have cigarettes and are smoking from them. Remember kids, smoking isn't cool and you should not do it
foxe.png

Fox dude, I have no idea how he plans to shoot that gun with his stupid fox paw but hey, at least he's got a good manicure

womane.png

A lady whomst I drew at 2am last night, very cool. Idk I have nothing else to say here, she is just Lady

kolohe

room tone
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
hi! i’ve been meaning to comment on here for a while, i just wanted to let you know your art is so pleasing! :heart: i am in love with the way your shading and highlights look, especially shown on that silvally you made. absolutely killer work albatross!!

Albatross

hi! i’ve been meaning to comment on here for a while, i just wanted to let you know your art is so pleasing! :heart: i am in love with the way your shading and highlights look, especially shown on that silvally you made. absolutely killer work albatross!!
THIS ARTWORK IS SO BASED WOOO
Very high praise from two swag users, thank you both (:

A short update bc I've been too lazy to use my graphics pad the last week. Eventually I'll post some traditional stuff here but for now more epic digital art

Never realised until I draw it but Thundurus is literally just a buff dude, which doesn't mesh well with my absolute refusal to learn how to draw muscles. Anyways yeah here's Thundurus, big man got banned from UU like the clown fool it is. Article is here go read it if you're a real one

funny goodra.png

Goodra in a maid dress with a pin that says "Smogoff Is Cool". Ok moving on

platylpus.png

Platypus requested by esteemed user Total Clefairy in a Smogoff thread (not gonna say which one because I'm evil). Took five minutes to draw and I love it

sketches b like.png

Nothing fancy here, just some funky shading on some funky mons that I drew while procrastinating on article art. The shading is piss poor but who gives a shit lol

Albatross

platy pus:psyglad:
1633249701037.png

Yo sup got some art. Unfortunately I'm not participating in Smeargle's Inktober this year because I'm remarkably lazy, but I still have art to share regardless. Also because the Pet Mods server is holding their own version of Inktober that only requires two drawings every week which is much better for me lol

Lower_Tier_Pokemon_In_SS_Ubers.png

Article is here. Anyways holy shit let me talking about Eternatus. Who the fuck approved that design?? This bitch ass lizard is so goddamn overdesigned. Its got this stupid ass triangle ass head, these weird fuckn spikes on its body-chain-things, these god awful arms like goddamn why do they look like that? I didn't draw them on purpose because there was no way I could add them in a way that looked actually coherent. This piece is already a clustered disaster as is, it doesn't need some dinky fucking stickman arms to add to the shitheap

So yeah I'm not an Eternatus fan

long image.png

Longe image for this page about my artistic achievements. It's looking pretty bare rn because I keep procrastinating on writing a bio and submitting art for it and also because I'm still new to the Smogon art scene, but its still there if you wanna look at it ig

Albatross

Art dump art dump wooo, I've run out of interesting things to say let's gooo

Hoenn_Gaiden_Tournament.png

God I hate adding text to banners. I don't fuck with the written word. Reject modernity, return to hieroglyphics as I always say. Anyways banner for Hoenn Gaiden's current Tournament, ran by some cool people and it features a very cool Pet Mod with a banner made by some fucking nerd. I don't know what kind of nerd idiot made that banner wow. Tf.

I really hope someone else doesn't draw a new banner for that thread so that, in the future, it just looks like I'm being a huge asshole instead of making a joke about my shitty old art lol

Very cool DTIYS entry featuring swag user Wet Kisser's art. I don't know who this character is but I assume they are also very cool. Cool art. Very cool.

Albatross

jesus you’re busted
Yeah I'm kinda incredibly powerful. And cool and smart also
Thank you, you are also very busted (:

I think I've officially run out of funny things to say, both here and under the spoilers. Sorry guys. I'll have to go back to Clown College in the summer :pensive:

Funny fire go brr. Don't have much to day about this one other than I dislike drawing backgrounds greatly. Not particularly fond of the fire, but its whatever lol

Funny dragons go vwoosh. Had a lot of fun with this one, 100% will be experimenting more with thin lineart in the future

Partially inspired by the general film noir aesthetic. Didn't go all the way and make it black and white unfortunately, I kinda just felt like drawing something ominous-looking. Meowstic-F and Dragonite both look pretty good in a trenchcoat though lol

One day I'll finally pull my finger out and remember to post some traditional art. Not today though. Perhaps next time..? Who knows... .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)