Resource AGPL IV - Team Dumps and Discussion

Aight so despite playing like a headass when it comes to AG, I still wanted to discuss my ORAS builds.

:Yveltal::Leftovers:
Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch / Taunt / U-Turn
- Toxic / Sleep Talk
- Roost

:Groudon-Primal::Red Orb:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume / Overheat / Dragon Tail
- Dragon Tail / Toxic

Physically defensive Yveltal and specially defensive Primal Groudon are shaping up to be perennial members of my more consistent teams due to their respective MUs against HO and balance. Yveltal is great against everything on HO except CM Arceus forms and Xerneas, and Groudon reliably sets up Stealth Rock by inflicting status on support Arceus forms or phasing Gira-A. The core is not as common as Arc spam-esque structures or Gira-A balances, understandably due to the pressure that Darkrai applies, but I think there's still plenty of potential. My favorite way of dealing with Darkrai is using Sub or Sleep Talk Klefki, but Sleep Talk U-turn Yveltal suffices if team slots are tight.

Week 3 - polt [W]
:sableye-mega::arceus::ho-oh::groudon-primal::yveltal::klefki:
I started off my first ORAS game of the tour by bringing my trusty Mega Sab balance that utilizes the aforementioned Yveltal + Groudon core. Arceus-Ground and Mega Sab provide much needed hazard control. Offensive Sleep talk Ho-oh is the main win condition and pairs nicely with Sub Klefki to combat Darkrai and Xerneas. There's no water resist apart from Groudon, so Arceus-Water over Arceus-Ground is a reasonable choice. In the actual game, the defensive core slowly gained advantage leading to a win after completely thwarting Stealth Rock from going up.

Week 4 - crying [W]
:rayquaza-mega::arceus::arceus::groudon-primal::yveltal::klefki:
Shifting away from balance, I wanted to try a bulky offense that I had developed for the AG money tour. DD Mega Ray and Recover EKiller fuel the offense while Groudon gets some activity off of switch-ins like Skarmory. Klefki makes a return to keep an eye on Darkrai and Xerneas, and Arceus-Water is here for hazard control. There are some modifications that can be made like changing Mega Ray to CB, Overheat on EKiller, or Arceus-Ground over Arceus-Water, but the strategy remains the same. I think Nineveh actually brought a CB Ray version against Iguana for Week 2 but unfortunately loaded into a difficult MU against Skarmory + Arceus-Ground. I myself ended up getting a poor MU against a double Defog team, but EKiller was able to squeeze water from stone. Maybe they're catching on...

Week 5 - PurpleGatorade [L]
:rayquaza-mega::arceus::arceus::groudon-primal::giratina::clefable:
lol this team doesn't have the core plus I lost sooooo...

BONUS: AGPL III Week 4 - baconeatinassassin [W]
:rayquaza-mega::arceus::arceus::groudon-primal::yveltal::Deoxys-Attack:
I actually made this last year, but I figured it's still relevant since QWILY won with it Week 1 versus Iguana and Nineveh won with it in this year's ORAS AG Cup finals versus lotiasite. I'm a big fan of pairing Arceus-Water with CM Arceus-Steel to deal with Ho-oh and Groudon. Meanwhile, +SpAtk LO Deoxys-A just obliterates balance and gets easy entry with the help of Sleep Talk U-Turn Yveltal. I originally used CB Mega Ray, but DD is more suitable since Deoxys-A already offers enough breaking power.

Shoutouts Seldanna, Guard, and GRNBLN for helping me with teams (especially non-ORAS stuff) xoxo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)