Crooked Crobats vs The Likable Luvdiscs
vs TrueNora - very cool matchup between two great players. fc is the most accomplished ss player this year, but i think a lot of this game will be decided in the builder. i didn't particularly like his team week 1 and he got punished pretty hard for it, but came back with a much nicer build week 2 and solidly took the win. nora is 1-0 and his team looked a bit outdated, i have no trouble believing he can solidly pilot anything against fc. should be close.
SS: Royal1604 vs LiderMeliodas
- royal got bailed last week and lider is going 5-0. nothing, and i mean nothing, will stop him
SS: Maxomega vs Ballfire
- ballfire brought budget lycan ho w1 and then goth stall w2 so i can only support him
ND: Geysers vs Nevelle
- doesn't matter who wins, since we'll be saying oml farmed either way. geysers fished w1 against default and got punished and nev outplayed default to god. logic!
vs pichus - really cool matchup. i think pichus wouldve taken this maybe a few years back, when her peak was really high, but ik she's still solid and will have a good shot. grn is 2-0 and is bringing nice teams with nice plays. also pichus lost with life orb zygarde last week, so no respect
vs MZ - situm is 2-0 and has only brought gengar + ogre so far (with 2 in week 1!!). racistgar was a cool tech but honestly shouldn't have worked so well (hard gar into darkceus and he stayed in??). mz is solid as always but played the focus blast game last week and could be 0-2 if not for that. i hope situm brings more creative stuff cuz it's fun to watch
vs Highlord - mc is going 5-0. sorry highlord
BO3: PurpleGatorade vs Zayele
- zayele played a really solid, impressive series vs fardin last week. both are 2-0 but zayele has looked better so far imo (she hasn't even had to play oras yet!!!)
Lottery Laprases vs Vicious Vivillon
SS: Trade vs baconeatinassassin
- love this matchup!! two aussie goats honestly, both 2-0, but there isn't a single player i would bet against bacon in ss. his builds are crazy but always work for him and he's been extremely solid for a long time. i didn't like trade's team last week (it wouldve gotten 6-0ed by taunt yve) even if he snapped pdt's streak, but he's also a great player in general who can pick up tiers quickly. should be a fun match.
SS: Rotten vs Monsareeasy
- not sure on this matchup lol, mons choked a lot last week even if he got unlucky and is 0-2 while rotten is 0-1, but it's to lider. i think both can be solid but going to give it to mons based on bacon support (which is also questionable considering he's busy from this week onward)
vs lepton - lepton is pileosand i think? solid player but never seen them play ag. ff2 is a good ubers player who unfortunately got farmed by lo zyg, which is a good motivator to destroy all ur opponents afterwards
vs Yami - staxi is 2-0 while yami brought stall, got 6-0ed, and didnt say gg
vs Andyboy - sick matchup but skarph losing in sm is as likely as fardin getting a gf in the next 5 years
SM: 64 Squares vs Jrdn
- another cool matchup. squares is 2-0 and has been fairly solid so far. jrdn is really good though and is arguably one of the best sm players with proper support. looking forward to seeing this one
vs MAMP - mamp ... lost to mc greninja klefki ho
vs Quantum Tesseract - ice hasn't been as on form this agpl (and robbed will last week :() but i still rate his abilities really high in all 3 gens. normally i might hold ice's disdain for galar against him, but he should be favoured there against qt, who has even less experience in the format.
good luck to everyone and have fun with your matches!! looking forward to some god commentary with cro fc frito nev will (upload the live commentary u coward) etc