Tournament AGPL III - Finals [Won by the Lottery Laprases]

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

1623060280518.png

Amazing Art by sleepyzen!

AGPL 3 Sheet
Replays Thread
Commencement
Basic Rules to Follow​
  • Remember that you must follow all rules found here.
  • You must schedule using Smogon VMs, as it is the easiest way for me to determine scheduling and activity for activity calls. If you are not able to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so that they communicate that to me or the other manager for potential substitutes.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag me, the opposing team manager, and all players involved to make sure that everyone is aware. Players that have already played in a given week, or were already subbed out, cannot be subbed in the same week.
  • Any incomplete matches at the end of the week will be subject to an activity decision.
  • Replays MUST BE posted here so that we can keep track of usage stats (and all get to watch some awesome AG games of course!)
  • Managers: Please send your lineups in the order that has been posted below in the following weeks as it will just make it easier for me going forward.

:lapras: Lottery Laprases (4) vs (4) Limitless Lycanrocs:lycanroc:

SS: Trade vs pdt
SS: FatFighter2 vs lotiasite
SS: Maple vs jerryl309
ND: Staxi vs Kate
SM: Skarph vs Unicorns
SM: 64 Squares vs Satanic Beast
ORAS: keys vs chlo
BO3: Icemaster vs WSun1

Deadline is Sunday 15th 11.59 GMT -4​

Last edited by a moderator:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Biased Predictions.

SS: Trade vs pdt - Dont know either of them
SS: FatFighter2 vs lotiasite - Weeb but seems like a better player
SS: Maple vs jerryl309 - Dont know either of them
ND: Staxi vs Kate - Made Lycanroc offense
SM: Skarph vs Unicorns - Dont know them
SM: 64 Squares vs Satanic Beast - We only pick for the peeps biased
ORAS: keys vs chlo - Read above
BO3: Icemaster vs WSun1 - Idk who to pick honestly.

He almost got farmed by DualChomp Web but free the Crunchman.

DESTINY PREDICTS AGAIN OML OMFG

:lapras: Lottery Laprases (2 whoops) vs Limitless Lycanrocs :lycanroc: (5 damn)

SS: Trade vs pdt - YO THIS PDT GUY IS FUCKING GOATED MAN easy win for PinkDragonTamer [!!]

SS: FatFighter2 vs lotiasite - i dont play ag so idk who is fatfighter2, rooting with loti, nice teams and plays ngl.

SS: Maple vs jerryl309 - jerre op [i guess?]

ND: Staxi vs Kate - :flushed: kate top players in nd rn who is staxi, im pretty sure kate can take the w

SM: Skarph vs Unicorns - fuck i didnt want to do this, both are undefeated, but, well... skarph is the real goat [sorry uni] so skarph here..

SM: 64 Squares vs Satanic Beast - 64 squares has SUCH a cool name daaamn, and overall ig they can take the w

ORAS: keys vs chlo - who is keys i dont play ag

BO3: Icemaster vs WSun1 - aaah this is tough, both are extremely good players, idk who would win lol

thanks for reading i aint hoping nothing i know you enjoyed.
and shit crobats lost... dw crobats, you all were goated too, winning and losing, part of the game..
but damn, good luck everyone, making it to the finals is also a very big thing, just give your best and get this!!

My predicts
Trade vs pdt- shorter name wins
Fatfighter2 vs lotiasite - tough choice
Maple vs jerryl309 - shorter name wins
Kate vs staxi- shorter name wins
Skarph vs unicorns -shorter name wins
Keys vs chlo- both are 4 lettered so rng decided the game
Icemaster vs wsun1-shorter name wins

Last edited:
SS: Trade vs pdt i don't know Trade, but I do know that pdt is insanely skilled.
SS: FatFighter2 vs lotiasite going with the guy I know.
SS: Maple vs jerryl309 Jerry is seriously amazing, no other way to put it. Good guy too.
ND: Staxi vs Kate Kate has a lot more experience, and is overall very good
SM: Skarph vs Unicorns Uni, I love you but I'm sorry how the hell am I supposed to predict against Skarph?
SM: 64 Squares vs Satanic Beast Another tossup for me, 64 is good at oldgens, but so is Edgar. Time will tell.
ORAS: keys vs chlo Honestly, don't know keys, but I do know Chlo is extremely skilled.
BO3: Icemaster vs WSun1 Honestly, like most posts, I can't formulate an opinion on this, Will has improved drastically, but Icemaster is Icemaster. Good luck to both.

5 wins for the Lycans
1 win for the Laprases
2 possible tossups

This is strictly my opinion, and predicts most of the time, is drastically different from the real results. Good luck to both the Lycans, and Laprases! This is an exciting way to end off AGPL.

Predicts no one asked for;

SS: Trade vs pdt - If I could tame a pink dragon id win too
SS: FatFighter2 vs lotiasite - if Loti liked me I’d predict their way
SS: Maple vs jerryl309 - Jerry already got voted out first in among us
ND: Staxi vs Kate - The Miracle of Mixing will not occur this time
SM: Skarph vs Unicorns - Beating GRNBLN twice is a crime that cannot go unpunished
SM: 64 Squares vs Satanic Beast - Satan isn’t a chess piece, checkmate edgar
ORAS: keys vs chlo - It’s ORAS and klefkeys are broken so gg
BO3: Icemaster vs WSun1 - Icenoob PUBLICLY HUMILIATED by William the Conqueror

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7anythinggoes-573948

Won vs Skarph

I have some things about this team and a first-time manager that I've wanted to say for a while.

I wasn't planning on signing up for AGPL. In fact, a week before sign-ups were posted, I was actually having a panic attack about signing up. Maybe I was stressed from school and some big tests going on, but I wasn't confident I was going to get drafted. Even if I did somehow manage that, there wasn't anyway I was going to actually play, let alone win a game. During my panic attack, a really really good friend of mine reached out to me in PMs. I (somewhat incomprehensibly) told her about what was going on and she listened. We talked about some stuff and eventually departed. I didn't leave the conversation feeling 100% better, but she kinda made me feel a lot more confident.

Fast forward three weeks and she ended up drafting me onto an AGPL team with some of the best friends that I've made on Smogon. Seven weeks after that, I finished the season 5-0, including a Finals win versus one of the best AG players of all time. Maybe the individual players on this team made it easy for her, but Kate made sure every player scouted every week, had gameplans, and were ready to go. It could have just been the winning, but even just being on this team was fun. Kate was on top of everything and provided a sense of confidence in her players that I've felt was missing in most of my previous team tournament experiences. The prep, team environment, mind-boggling 22-5 (as of this writing) Galar record (with four straight 4-0 Galar sweeps!), second-place regular season finish, and Finals qualification is testament to how well Kate did as manager.

I'll end this post here so as to not cheapen Kate's future shout-out post. This tournament was just unbelievably fun, and it's been a pleasure to work and team with all of you Kate Satanic Beast chlo jerryl309 pdt lotiasite WSun1 Crunchman velvet Avery. I definitely had a few bad headspace times and a couple panic attacks, so thank you all for putting up with me lmao.

I might try the upcoming USUM cup, but I need a break. I hope everybody has a great day!

What am I saying? This is a tie fucking ballgame in the finals, Lycanrocs! We got more games left! We're still in this shit!

LET'S FUCKING GET IT, LYCANROCS!

won https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8anythinggoes-574125

Really glad I got to start in this tour. Before the draft, when I was trying out for teams, it seemed pretty obvious that if anyone was gonna get me it was going to be as a sub role. I tried out with Ice, and told him I was a Rands and Ubers main and that I was confident I could take names off of top players if given the chance. So I hope I made him and the rest of the team proud with my 5-1 record.

As someone who's never had experience with AG before this tour, I'm glad he let me build my own teams each week and discover what the weaknesses of each build was during my actual games. I've learned how to play around DD Zyg, not lose to Taunt Yveltal, and how not to get cheesed by sets I'm unfamiliar with.

I'm also glad I wasn't asked to have my team set too early, because I liked scouting more than testing the actual teams; which did give the team heart attacks because I brought teams no one had any info about. More complete shoutouts if and when we win this, so go Lapras!

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
i feel like i owe an explanation for whatever that was. i know it sounds a little ridiculous but i had a bit of an anxiety attack before and during the game, which led to what you can see above. you can see that i started freaking out a bit in the battle chat too before just shutting down. i went outside for half an hour and calmed down, and im completely alright now. no fault of anyone's, don't want my teammates or trade to feel badly because you guys have nothing to do with it. just thought i owed that explanation for the game. with that said, gg to trade you are a great player, hope i can give a better match next time.

to my teammates, you guys are the best and so supportive, really hoping for you guys to take it home for us, and i should probably take a break from mons for a couple days.

go

Predicts because Kate asked:

SS: Trade vs pdt: pdt is on a mission to bounce back after his losses to trade earlier in the tour. I fully believe pdt will pull out a win here.
ND: Icemaster vs Kate: kate has been really impressive in ndag this tour and I haven't seen Ice play ndag much recently besides losing with double ho-oh. Mostly because of recently bias im gonna go kate here, but this one definitely can go either way.
BO3: Skarph vs WSun1: I think will has the edge in galar, although skarph is also great in galar, but skarph has the advantage in usum/oras. imo this will be the best series of the tiebreaker.

Final Score: Lycans 2-1 Lapras

Iguana

formerly mc56556
i feel like i owe an explanation for whatever that was. i know it sounds a little ridiculous but i had a bit of an anxiety attack before and during the game, which led to what you can see above. you can see that i started freaking out a bit in the battle chat too before just shutting down. i went outside for half an hour and calmed down, and im completely alright now. no fault of anyone's, don't want my teammates or trade to feel badly because you guys have nothing to do with it. just thought i owed that explanation for the game. with that said, gg to trade you are a great player, hope i can give a better match next time.

to my teammates, you guys are the best and so supportive, really hoping for you guys to take it home for us, and i should probably take a break from mons for a couple days.

go
This is really late, but I just wanted to applaud you, PDT, on your courage for speaking publicly about the anxiety you experienced during and before your last AGPL game. I can attest to what a wonderful teammate you are, having been on a couple of teams with you in team tours. It's not ridiculous at all what you experienced. I think contending with anxiety around big tour games is something that unfortunately doesn't get a lot of attention. Hopefully this is more a show of solidarity than being self-regarding (because I very much intend the former more than the latter), but you aren't alone in what you experienced. Before my games in Weeks 1 and 2 this AGPL, I was a nervous wreck and had to do some deep-breathing exercises so that I could be ready to play. It's tough, but I'm very glad we both had/have great teammates to lean on in times of distress.

Good luck in the tiebreaker this week. :)

And I'm looking forward to some great games! Very exciting that this AGPL should come down to a tiebreaker to decide which team wins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)