Tournament AGPL III - Commencement Thread

baconeatinassassin

smile!
is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
ok bitches, i know mocks are pretty bad (read: awful) at reflecting prices in the actual draft, but waking up to see i've gone for over 20k in another one of these exhibitions of clownery for the past 10 days has slowly given rise to a fear that it'll happen in the real thing, so here's a couple of reminders:

• I'M GOING TO BE INACTIVE AFTER WEEK 2. this means that instead of the usual 3/4 hours of prep, i'll spend 30 minutes, maybe an hour whipping up some untested team(s) or editing some wack shit already in my builder.
  • I HAVE NO OFFICIAL TOUR GALAR EXPERIENCE. just think: would you really consider me a top 2 galar player even if pretty much all my playing experience is on ladder? don't listen to Fardin. sure, i won the ghosting tour, but keep in mind that
    • there wasn't timer, so i had free rein to take 5 minutes per turn to think
    • despite this, i nearly choked 2 of my games needlessly and got bailed out both times due to luck and the wrong move on pheromosa
    • i had someone to tell me that we needed to pull the trigger when i didn't want to
  • I'M CRUST AT USUM. even though it's my favourite format, i've probably played less than 50 games total in the past 18 months and built around 5 new teams so don't expect to just chuck me in without support and expect me to play optimally.
it's not like i'm the supreme almighty pre-eminent pokemon god or something. don't be an idiot.

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
ok bitches, i know mocks are pretty bad (read: awful) at reflecting prices in the actual draft, but waking up to see i've gone for over 20k in another one of these exhibitions of clownery for the past 10 days has slowly given rise to a fear that it'll happen in the real thing, so here's a couple of reminders:

• I'M GOING TO BE INACTIVE AFTER WEEK 2. this means that instead of the usual 3/4 hours of prep, i'll spend 30 minutes, maybe an hour whipping up some untested team(s) or editing some wack shit already in my builder.
  • I HAVE NO OFFICIAL TOUR GALAR EXPERIENCE. just think: would you really consider me a top 2 galar player even if pretty much all my playing experience is on ladder? don't listen to Fardin. sure, i won the ghosting tour, but keep in mind that
    • despite this, i nearly choked 2 of my games needlessly and got bailed out both times due to luck and the wrong move on pheromosa
    • i had someone to tell me that we needed to pull the trigger when i didn't want to
  • I'M CRUST AT USUM. even though it's my favourite format, i've probably played less than 50 games total in the past 18 months and built around 5 new teams so don't expect to just chuck me in without support and expect me to play optimally.
it's not like i'm the supreme almighty pre-eminent pokemon god or something. don't be an idiot.
Also fwiw he's australian innit

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor

Dw bacon instead of 20k u Will be 30k in the draft.
Ps: :heart:

Fardin

Tournament Banned

price fixing at its finest. you already know im dropping 30k on u now

MAHOH

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Listen to me right now, this here is the type of shit that needs to stop
Screenshot 2021-06-23 112212.png

I have gone for like 25k+ the past 5 mocks and just need to let you managers know, I am not worth it dude

Let me state this: I don't have an excuse when it comes to activity and my goal definitely isn't to try and lower my price (unlike those sneaky Australians).

But look, people expect me to carry in usum and go 7-0 when the reality of the situation is this:

Exhibit A:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1358280846
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1358282735
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1358286368

These replays are the most recent usum games I have played

As you can see, I lost a bo3 to Fardin of all people. The only game I even won was due to luck and matchup.

Do you srsly think I am worth 30k? I GOT OWNED BY FARDIN! I beg all of the managers to re-evaluate the player pool, and if you just HAVE TO spend all of your cash on a single player, then do it on a more suitable person for the job. Such as baconeatinassassin

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
View attachment 352027

I have gone for like 25k+ the past 5 mocks and just need to let you managers know, I am not worth it dude

Let me state this: I don't have an excuse when it comes to activity and my goal definitely isn't to try and lower my price (unlike those sneaky Australians).

But look, people expect me to carry in usum and go 7-0 when the reality of the situation is this:

Exhibit A:

As you can see, I lost a bo3 to Fardin of all people. The only game I even won was due to luck and matchup.

Do you srsly think I am worth 30k? I GOT OWNED BY FARDIN! I beg all of the managers to re-evaluate the player pool, and if you just HAVE TO spend all of your cash on a single player, then do it on a more suitable person for the job. Such as baconeatinassassin
sorry chief, you're going for 30k+ on Saturday

Fardin

Tournament Banned

er, excuse me.

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
View attachment 352027

Exhibit A:

40k worth right here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)