Tournament AGPL II - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I thought I would just post some underrated users that deserved to get drafted here that maybe the managers don't know about
I am mainly going to be going off of players that weren't drafted in the previous mock draft

Wsun1 - Very good ag player, he plays a lot of gen 7 ag and does very well on ladder with some with a gxe higher than 94

Rup❤Ainu - This guy is a very solid natdex ag player and gen 7 ag player with notable tournament wins over players like baconeatingassassin

ag is ass - Pretty good gen 7 player

ericwangswim - This guy qualified for the natdex ag ladder tour and keeps beating me on gen 4 ag ladder so he is pretty good

mistermath - This guy is a very good natdex player, he has made it to number one on natdex ag ladder before. He also has a cool twitch channel that you guys should check out

l'habitat - This guy had a very good run in the ag cup tours with a very notable win over chloe in generation 6

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Formats for AGPL II have been decided! We've decided on having 8 slots for this tournament since we had roughly 150 (!!!) player signups in the first week. The formats are:

Bo1 National Dex AG
Bo1 National Dex AG
Bo1 National Dex AG
Bo1 USUM AG
Bo1 USUM AG
Bo1 ORAS AG
Bo1 Galar Dex AG
Bo3 Multigen AG (National Dex / USUM / ORAS)

A few other important things:
- Number of credits per team is 100k
- Retains are not allowed
- Manager self purchase price is fixed at 15k for all managers
- Players in the Bo1 slots are allowed to play a Bo3 if both of them agree to do so.

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Precious Pichus

Bo1 National Dex AG: chloe
Bo1 National Dex AG: felucia
Bo1 National Dex AG: racool
Bo1 USUM AG: zayele
Bo1 USUM AG: sitonai
Bo1 ORAS AG: mamp, leafstorm121
Bo1 Galar Dex AG: cromagnet
Bo3 Multigen AG: pichus

Subs: dru88, default0 (wont make them play bcz other teams should have a fair change at winning too)

pichus

OMPL Champion
BaconEatinAssassin27000
Thimo21000
HunterStorm21000
Catalystic17000
Pigeons15500
Sitonai15500
Zesty4315000
Chloe15000
MZ14000
Kaitlen13500
GRNBLN13000
Guardsweeper13000
Zayele13000
Cam12000
DonnotheFirst11000
xavgb11000
l'habitat11000
Skysolo10000
Terracotta10000
jrdn10000
highlighter10000
byronthewellwell9000
ADF Test9000
Dockiva~~8500
lotiasite8000
Staxi8000
DontStealMyPenguin7500
LaBalladeDesCieux7000
Andyboy7000
Geysers6500
King Leo V6500
GL Volkner6500
-Latios-6500
cromagnet426500
iLlama6500
DEG6000
March Fires6000
64 Squares6000
power6000
Shivam32995000
neomon5000
SiTuM4500
Felucia4500
absdaddy4500
WSun14500
bread sandwich4000
Maroon4000
Mysterious M3500
aesf3500
dream3500
Racool3500
frogger13873500
Quaseem3000
crucify3000
Unicorns3000
Tack :]3000
vivalospride3000
Commander Drex3000
Ainzcrad3000
pazza3000
Jordy3000
MAMP3000

Precious Pichus 2.0

natdex: pichus
natdex: ainzcrad
natdex: skysolo/maroon
usum: neomon/power
usum: cam
galar: crucify/skysolo
oras: hunterstorm
multigen: thimo

Last edited:

Heres the result of the draft!

Fardin forgot what tour this was and drafted his ompl super team :psyduck:

Price list

Some trades also happened. Any trades that happen after now will be logged in the admin thread:
DonnoTheFirst to Precious Pichus from Abyssal Arceus
-Latios- to Abyssal Arceus from Precious Pichus

Terracotta to Menacing Marshadows from Salt Mining Sableyes
Jrdn to Salt Mining Sableyes from Menacing Marshadows

Geysers to Abyssal Arceus from Horrendous Houndooms
Staxi to Horrendous Houndooms from Abyssal Arceus

Kaitlen to Menacing Marshadows from Abyssal Arceus
Dream to Abyssal Arceus from Menacing Marshadows

Last edited:
UNBIASED INITIAL RANKINGS

*note that I have been out of the AG loop for a while so I might just be wrong about every player/not know much about them

6. Abyssal Arceus
Honestly don't see any standout players here. Velvet, Sitonai, and Cam are all good but not necessarily elite imo. I just don't see them picking up a whole lot of wins against the surefire starters from other teams. A lot of the 3k buys/subs are good players in their own right but I have no idea how familiar they are with ag, and I wouldn't classify anyone as an expert builder either. Not a bad team by any means but definitely the weakest here.
5. Salt Mining Sableyes
Fardin and Zesty are as good as any other player in this tour, but a couple things count against the Sableyes. For one, they seem very usm/oras heavy and idk if any of these guys are rly familiar with natdex/galar. Of course that could just be my ignorance speaking but regardless there isn't a big name natdex player and for a tour that weighs that tier so heavily, this is a big problem. I also doubt that the OM squad is that familiar with ag in general, although their high skill ceilings could more than make up for that. Finally, 16 players is both a blessing and a curse as it might make for a chaotic team environment but could also provide unique teambuilding opportunities.
4. Dream-Shattering Darkrais
Skarph + Bacon gives the Darkrais a top 3 player in both USM and natdex which is invaluable. However, I think the lack of quality team depth counts against them here. ADF, M, and L'habitat are all capable of picking up wins but I don't see them necessarily going overwhelmingly positive, and the 3k buys are definitely a shot in the dark. Dockiva + Grn is more than solid as a USM core, but I don't know how familiar the other players are with SS beyond Bacon. This team definitely has a high ceiling tho, everything just needs to click.
3. Precious Pichus
This is the first team that is legitimately stacked. Hunter and Thimo are probably top 5 (maybe even 3) ag players ever, Pichus has been outstanding the last couple years, Donno is a massive threat in ORAS/USM, Zayele + 64 Squares are a fantastic SS core. There's absolutely no weaknesses here and I expect to see the most innovating teambuilding in the tour coming from the Pichus.
2. Menacing Marshadows
Icemaster started the draft guns blazing and he has lined up an insanely good set of players. I am out of the AG loop but I think he's the best natdex player, Pigeons is as good a bo3 slot as you'll ever get, Zenithial is a top 3 SM player, Chloe is a top 5 ORAS player, this is unbelievable. I have no idea who arifgoku is but I know for sure that every single player is extremely skilled and capable of building teams. It would take some ridiculously bad luck/team implosion for the Marshadows to not make finals.
1. Horrendous Houndooms
I am unbiased, and also a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)