Resource AG Teambuilding Compendium

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
(Approved by Guard)
Art by HanSoloIndie

1617831285877.png

This thread serves as a way to assist in teambuilding in the Galar AG metagame by providing a list of viable Pokemon who can fulfill certain important roles for teams. Most of the Pokemon listed can be found on the viability rankings, but certain unranked Pokemon with defined niches can be suggested and added to this resource as well. Additionally, any new categories of important roles can also be suggested and added later on, with the meta progressing so will these categories.

Entry Hazards:

Stealth Rock
:necrozma-dusk-mane: :groudon: :ferrothorn: :shuckle: :blissey: :chansey: :excadrill: :tyranitar: :dialga: :landorus-therian: :skarmory::lycanroc:

Spikes
:ferrothorn: :skarmory:

Toxic Spikes
:eternatus: :toxapex:

Sticky Web
:shuckle: :slurpuff::galvantula:

Hazard Control:

Defog
:yveltal::xerneas: :ho-oh: :lunala: :giratina: :lugia:

Rapid Spin
:excadrill: :regieleki:

Team Support:

Aromatherapy / Heal Bell
:calyrex-shadow: :xerneas: :blissey: :chansey: :magearna:

Dual Screens
:grimmsnarl: :regieleki:

Dynamax Sweepers:
:calyrex-shadow::yveltal: :groudon::xerneas: :zekrom: :reshiram: :mewtwo::rayquaza: :landorus-therian::kyurem-black:

Priority Users:
:yveltal: :marshadow: :rayquaza: :urshifu::giratina-origin::shedinja:

Speed Control:
:calyrex-shadow: :kyogre: :ditto: :excadrill: :regieleki::darmanitan-galar::zacian::pheromosa:

OHKO Move Users:
:kyogre: :kyurem-white: :lapras:

Calyrex-S Checks:
:yveltal: :ho-oh: :marshadow: :ditto: :blissey: :chansey: :tyranitar: :grimmsnarl: :regieleki::urshifu::porygon2::pheromosa:

Kyogre Checks:
:eternatus: :ferrothorn: :zekrom: :palkia: :kyurem-white: :blissey: :chansey: :giratina: :dialga: :gastrodon::lapras: :regieleki: :shedinja::kyurem-black:

Yveltal Checks:
:zacian-crowned: :eternatus: :xerneas: :zekrom: :tyranitar: :grimmsnarl: :regieleki: :darmanitan-galar::magearna:

Zacian-C Checks:
:calyrex-shadow: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :groudon: :zygarde-complete: :ho-oh: :lunala: :ditto: :excadrill: :reshiram: :giratina: :quagsire: :darmanitan-galar::toxapex:

Necrozma-DM Checks:
:calyrex-shadow: :kyogre: :yveltal: :groudon: :zygarde-complete: :marshadow::ho-oh: :gothitelle: :lunala: :dracovish: :excadrill::reshiram: :giratina: :quagsire: :urshifu::skarmory:

Eternatus Checks:
:Calyrex-shadow: :zacian-crowned: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :gothitelle: :blissey: :chansey: :tyranitar: :toxapex::lapras:

Groudon Checks:
:calyrex-shadow: :kyogre: :yveltal: :zygarde-complete: :ditto::lunala: :giratina: :giratina-origin::landorus-therian: :quagsire: :zacian::skarmory:

Xerneas Checks:
:zacian-crowned: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :ferrothorn: :ho-oh: :ditto: :blissey: :chansey: :shedinja::solgaleo:

Zygarde-C Checks:
:kyogre: :xerneas: :zygarde-complete: :ferrothorn: :gothitelle::kyurem-white: :lunala: :calyrex-ice: :giratina: :porygon2: :darmanitan-galar::quagsire: :kyurem-black::shedinja:

Marshadow Checks:
:zacian-crowned: :eternatus: :groudon: :xerneas::zygarde-complete: :ho-oh: :landorus-therian: :skarmory: :toxapex:

Zekrom Checks:
:necrozma-dusk-mane: :groudon: :xerneas: :ferrothorn: :lunala: :excadrill: :calyrex-ice: :landorus-therian::darmanitan-galar:

Last edited:
Hey, so for speed control, i would like to suggest darm g. It has capabilities to hit hard, with its ability gorilla tactics and is fast with scarf (around 470 speed i think). One of its moves, u turn, allows it to pivot out, helping you gain momentum. I was also wondering if you could add a sweepers sections (caly s, zekrom, kyub) and mons to check zekrom in particular (like eq ndm or quag). Could you also add trick room users, for I feel like it could have some purpose in the meta (idk its not ideal tho). Thats all, thanks :)

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hey, so for speed control, i would like to suggest darm g. It has capabilities to hit hard, with its ability gorilla tactics and is fast with scarf (around 470 speed i think). One of its moves, u turn, allows it to pivot out, helping you gain momentum. I was also wondering if you could add a sweepers sections (caly s, zekrom, kyub) and mons to check zekrom in particular (like eq ndm or quag). Could you also add trick room users, for I feel like it could have some purpose in the meta (idk its not ideal tho). Thats all, thanks :)
Darm-G has been added to speed control, Kyurem-B was added to Dynamax sweepers which I think is similar enough to the sweepers section you mentioned. I added a checks section for only offensive mons down to A- excluding Palkia because idt it's good enough for A- currently, so Zekrom checks as well as Marshadow checks section were added. The only one not added is Trick Room, since it's a very niche strategy that's fairly unsuccessful in tournaments, so for now that one won't be added but the rest are, thank you for the suggestions!

Here's a couple of changes to make:

- Add defensive Xerneas to Defog users
- Add Rayquaza and Landorus-T to Dynamax Sweepers
- You mispelled priority in "Priority Users", make sure to fix that
- Add scarf Zacian to Speed Control users
- Add Urshifu to Calyrex-S checks, you always force out non-substitute variants with sucker punch
- Add Kyurem-B and Lapras as Kyogre checks
- I think it would be fine to add Regieleki as a Yveltal check, since specially defensive sets don't run Sucker Punch too often
- Add Marshadow, Dracovish, Excadrill, and Urshifu to Necrozma-DM checks
- Add Ditto and regular Zacian as Groudon checks (zacian outspeeds +2 with scarf and has a chance to ohko with solar blade)
- Add both Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B as Zygarde-C checks
- Add Choice Scarf Galarian Darmanitan as a Zacian-C, Zygarde-C, Zekrom, and Yveltal check
- Could also add Porygon2 as a Zygarde-C check (it's heavily damaged by Ice Beam)

:blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I think you should add ditto checks because ditto can be a real problem when using setup strategies
In my opinion, this idea wouldn’t be particularly useful, because ditto counterplay varies drastically based off of what you’re trying to improof. For instance, Zacian-C can be improofed by the combination of Necrozma-DM + a ghost type, while Calyrex-S can often be improofed just by having a Yveltal or Tyranitar. As a result, it’s next to impossible to have a Pokemon that you can look at and say, “this pokemon checks ditto,” which makes it hard to add to the teambuilding compendium.

E: re below, again, it varies a ton by set. It’s entirely possible to have self-improof calyrex-s sets, mainly by using substitute, and it’s also possible for zacian-c to be self-improof through the use of sub, or easier to improof through protect. There’s a really wide grey area of what‘s self-improof and what’s just easy to improof, and what’s hard to improof, making it extremely difficult to define a “ditto check”.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this idea wouldn’t be particularly useful, because ditto counterplay varies drastically based off of what you’re trying to improof. For instance, Zacian-C can be improofed by the combination of Necrozma-DM + a ghost type, while Calyrex-S can often be improofed just by having a Yveltal or Tyranitar. As a result, it’s next to impossible to have a Pokemon that you can look at and say, “this pokemon checks ditto,” which makes it hard to add to the teambuilding compendium.
sorry bad wording on my part I meant like pokemon that if a ditto were to transform into then they could counter without having to switch into a different pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)