Resource AG Old Gens Megathread

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Welcome to the AG Old Gens Megathread. This thread is intended to be a resource for new and experienced players hoping to journey into previous generations of Anything Goes. This thread currently contains resources from Generations 4, 5 and 6.

The main goal of this thread is to act as a resource; however, discussion on previous generations of AG is permitted as well. This resource may help in future multi-generation tournaments or just for casual tournaments held within the Anything Goes Showdown chatroom.

Please try to keep discussion civil and on topic. Additionally, please, no one-liner posts.

Directory:
Generation 6 (ORAS)
Generation 5 (BW2)
Generation 4 (DPPt)

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Generation 6: ORAS

Information

ORAS AG Metagame Discussion
ORAS AG Resource Thread
Anything Goes Creation Reasoning

Articles
The Creation of Anything Goes
Baton Pass in Anything Goes
Copy Paste: Breaking the Species Clause in Anything Goes
AG: Don't Use That, Use This!
AG Spotlight: Mega Rayquaza
AG Spotlight: Xerneas
Gen 7 AG Predictions

Sample Teams
Deoxys-S Hyper Offense by Thimo

Excadrill Hyper Offense by GunnerRohan

FlyingSpam Balance by Chloe

Quagsire Stall by HunterStorm

Viability Rankings
S Rank
S Rank
Arceus
Groudon (Primal)​
Xerneas​

A Rank
A+ Rank
Arceus (Ghost)​
Gengar (Mega)​
Ho-Oh​
A Rank
Klefki
Yveltal​
A- Rank
Arceus (Rock)​
Arceus (Steel)​
Lugia​
Mewtwo​

B Rank
B+ Rank
Arceus (Dragon)​
Deoxys (Attack)​
Giratina (Origin)​
Groudon​
B Rank
Dialga
Giratina​
B- Rank
Arceus (Poison)​
Deoxys (Speed)​
Jirachi​
Kyogre
Mewtwo (Mega-Y)​
Salamence (Mega)​
Smeargle​

C Rank
C+ Rank
Blissey​
Bronzong​
Chansey​
Clefable​
Ditto​
Genesect​
Mewtwo (Mega-X)​
C Rank
Arceus (Dark)​
Drifblim​
Espeon
Glalie​
Landorus​
Quagsire​
Scizor (Mega)​
Scolipede​
Shaymin (Sky)​
Terrakion​
Tyranitar​
Zekrom​
C- Rank
Aegislash​
Alomomola​
Excadrill​
Latias
Lucario (Mega)​
Wobbuffet​

D Rank
D Rank
Amoonguss​
Arceus (Fighting)​
Cloyster​
Gliscor​
Latios​
Palkia​
Shedinja​
Tyranitar (Mega)​
Whimsicott​

Last edited:

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Since this thread hasn't seen any activity, I thought I'd raise a discussion point.

In the ORAS Viability Ranking, we had for a while contested the idea that Xerneas and Primal Groudon were more suitable for A+ than they were for S, and vice versa. Arceus (Normal), Darkrai and Mega Rayquaza were consistently above the rest of the metagame. A few of us would push for Xerneas and Primal Groudon to stay in S due to how much better they were than the Pokemon in A+. I personally have believed for a while that these Pokemon (Xern & PDon) are better suited in a rank of S-, but this suggestion was always shot down due to people's disdain of a subrank in S.

I would like to propose and hear out people's opinions on moving Xerneas and Primal Groudon to a newly formed S- rank in Gen 6 AG. It would also be interesting to hear other stances on the matter.

I honestly agree with pdon, I don't think that pdon is really on par with mray and darkrai
I am not so sure about xern

Although while you are at it we need to make a gen 5 ag and a gen 4 ag vr as well so it would be cool if that could get started

In the ORAS Viability Ranking, we had for a while contested the idea that Xerneas and Primal Groudon were more suitable for A+ than they were for S, and vice versa. Arceus (Normal), Darkrai and Mega Rayquaza were consistently above the rest of the metagame.
I think an S+ rank for M-Ray and Arceus is a good idea since they're both above everything else while still acknowledging the S rank viability of the other 3 mons.

Since the new generation started, will a new Old Gens Megathread be made to include the USUM AG format? VR, Sample teams, and articles are available last time I checked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)