Project AG Matchmaking! Week 5: Arceus Poison (Sub)

Approved by Megazard

Hello and welcome to the AG Matchmaking project! This project will not only work as a fun project but will hopefully build up an archive of Pokemon pairings and mini cores!

Matchmaking
All Pokemon are unable to function effectively without their checks and counters gone, which is where their teammates come in. These partners are capable of defeating multiple Pokemon that prove a threat to their teammates, providing invaluable support and making almost undefeatable partnerships. When you nominate a partner you should explain why the Pokémon is a good partner, how can it help the Pokémon in discussion and talk about the synergy of the core.
This project aims to brainstorm various ideal and effective partners to many Pokemon which can be, top tier threats or some more creative and underrated Pokémon.

How it will work
Every week, I will nominate a Pokemon for discussion of potential partners and submissions. You will have five days to submit and on the next two days, you and the AG community will vote on your favourite partner for the nominated Pokémon. The winners of each week will have their submissions put in the glorious and prestigous AG Matchmaking Hall of Fame

Rules
- You may only post one pair per week.
- When posting a nomination, post the set you will be nominating, followed by an explanation of how it works with the Pokémon of the week. While not required, sprites or arts of that Pokémon can be posted.
- Posting replays can be good to exemplify the synergy between the Pokémon
- Constructive criticism is encouraged but you can´t be in any circumstance or situation rude to someone when posting.
- Do not vote for yourself

This week's subject:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Reserving Tapu Koko

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

The obligatory Tapu Koko partner. This double electric type partnership acts more for boosting Arceus-Electric more than the two playing off one another. Its moreso suited for offense teams but this match goes beyond just boosting the power of Eleceus's electric moves.

The benefits of Tapu Koko
- 1.5x power of stab moves, enables Eleceus to do substantially more damage to bulky mons such as support arc formes. Also enables Eleceus to function as a fast breaker against support arc formes not named Arceus-Ground.
- Protection from sleep, everyone knows how annoying smeargle is, Koko acts as an exemplary lead against smeargle teams, blocking nuzzle, spore, and hazard/bp setup via typing + electric terrain.
- Screens which ease setup for arceus-electric as well as adding to its bulk when already setup to improve its longevity as a sweeper.
- Taunt can prevent Arceus-electric from being toxiced or even phased while setting up.

Calculations
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Electric Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy in Electric Terrain: 519-612 (116.8 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy in Electric Terrain: 237-280 (53.3 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Electric Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 302-356 (86 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Electric through Reflect: 170-201 (38.2 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Electric Terrain: 385-454 (114.9 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Electric Terrain: 424-499 (97.4 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Core: Giratina-Origin & Electric Arceus
Summary: It has long been known in Pokémon that a significant weakness of Electric is Ground. This pairing intends to make use of that weakness. Gira-O's ability is Levitate, meaning that it can be an optimal switch-in when Precipice Blades or Earthquake is expected, which would severely damage Electric-Arceus. My Gira-O set specifically is targeting the threat of Mega Rayquaza. Electric Arceus does outspeed Mray in this case, so if Electric Arceus is able to generate a couple of Calm Minds, an Ice Beam may be capable of eliminating Mray outright. However, Gira-O as a switch-in will work here for several reasons, which I will go into.

First, the rundown of Electric-Arceus' partner...
Giratina-Origin
Ability: Levitate
Item: Haban Berry (take note––the item is significant)
Moves:
Will-O-Wisp
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Toxic

EVs:
Defense: 200
Special Attack: 56
Special Defense: 252
Nature: Calm

This set of Gira-O's intends to eliminate the significant threats posed to Electric-Arceus, particularly via Mega Rayquaza. This sort of logic can apply as well to Physical Attack Ultra Necrozma, which I will describe as well.

Calculations & Analysis:

Even with a strong Physical Attack and STAB as well, Mray can't one-shot this Giratina: 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Giratina-Origin: 269-317 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. In addition, Dragon Ascent will weaken Mray's Special Defense, making it even weaker to Gira-O's Dragon Pulse and bolstered Special Attack (in contrast to regular Giratina).

Despite a Special Attack minded Mega Rayquaza, the effect of the Haban Berry still allows for a shot at Mray with Dragon Pulse: 252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Haban Berry Giratina-Origin: 294-346 (66.6 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The almighty Outrage Ultra Necrozma cannot one-shot Gira-O given the Haban Berry. In addition, Ultra will be quite weak to the ensuing Dragon Pulse: 252 Atk Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Outrage vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Haban Berry Giratina-Origin: 244-288 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Primal Groudon does not fare significantly better here: 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Haban Berry Giratina-Origin: 102-120 (23.1 - 27.2%) -- 56.8% chance to 4HKO. Although there are other options for Primal Groudon as well, this seemed its most devastating option against Gira-O, and even then, at best it would take four hits to kill. In addition, this calls attention to the function of Earth Power here. While Special Defense Pdon sets have become a bit more popular recently, it is fairly common knowledge that Pdon's Defense is superior to its Special Defense; thus, taking advantage of Gira-O's formidable Special Attack as well, Earth Power could do some damage here.

Weakness/Calculation:
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Giratina-Origin: 307-367 (69.6 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Unfortunately and frankly, Marsh can be a threat to this system. Outspeeding Electric Arceus, Spectral Thief can steal away any stat-ups from Calm Mind. And Gira-O won't be able to help tremendously. Will-o-Wisp can be helpful here, but it will take careful predicting for it to make a difference. Perhaps running a counter to Marsh on the team will help.

Conclusion:
Overall, I believe Gira-O is a formidable partner for Electric-Arceus to have, countering several of the real threats that could be posed to the latter Pokémon. While it is not a perfect solution, it is certainly enough in my opinion to catch an unsuspecting Ultra Necrozma or Mray off guard and then to finish it off with Dragon Pulse.

Let me know what you all think! :) (I haven't done one of these before, so I hope this sounds alright.)

Core: Giratina-Origin & Electric Arceus
Summary: It has long been known in Pokémon that a significant weakness of Electric is Ground. This pairing intends to make use of that weakness. Gira-O's ability is Levitate, meaning that it can be an optimal switch-in when Precipice Blades or Earthquake is expected, which would severely damage Electric-Arceus. My Gira-O set specifically is targeting the threat of Mega Rayquaza. Electric Arceus does outspeed Mray in this case, so if Electric Arceus is able to generate a couple of Calm Minds, an Ice Beam may be capable of eliminating Mray outright. However, Gira-O as a switch-in will work here for several reasons, which I will go into.

First, the rundown of Electric-Arceus' partner...
Giratina-Origin
Ability: Levitate
Item: Haban Berry (take note––the item is significant)
Moves:
Will-O-Wisp
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Toxic

EVs:
Defense: 200
Special Attack: 56
Special Defense: 252
Nature: Calm

This set of Gira-O's intends to eliminate the significant threats posed to Electric-Arceus, particularly via Mega Rayquaza. This sort of logic can apply as well to Physical Attack Ultra Necrozma, which I will describe as well.

Calculations & Analysis:

Even with a strong Physical Attack and STAB as well, Mray can't one-shot this Giratina: 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Giratina-Origin: 269-317 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. In addition, Dragon Ascent will weaken Mray's Special Defense, making it even weaker to Gira-O's Dragon Pulse and bolstered Special Attack (in contrast to regular Giratina).

Despite a Special Attack minded Mega Rayquaza, the effect of the Haban Berry still allows for a shot at Mray with Dragon Pulse: 252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Haban Berry Giratina-Origin: 294-346 (66.6 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The almighty Outrage Ultra Necrozma cannot one-shot Gira-O given the Haban Berry. In addition, Ultra will be quite weak to the ensuing Dragon Pulse: 252 Atk Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Outrage vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Haban Berry Giratina-Origin: 244-288 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Primal Groudon does not fare significantly better here: 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Haban Berry Giratina-Origin: 102-120 (23.1 - 27.2%) -- 56.8% chance to 4HKO. Although there are other options for Primal Groudon as well, this seemed its most devastating option against Gira-O, and even then, at best it would take four hits to kill. In addition, this calls attention to the function of Earth Power here. While Special Defense Pdon sets have become a bit more popular recently, it is fairly common knowledge that Pdon's Defense is superior to its Special Defense; thus, taking advantage of Gira-O's formidable Special Attack as well, Earth Power could do some damage here.

Weakness/Calculation:
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Giratina-Origin: 307-367 (69.6 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Unfortunately and frankly, Marsh can be a threat to this system. Outspeeding Electric Arceus, Spectral Thief can steal away any stat-ups from Calm Mind. And Gira-O won't be able to help tremendously. Will-o-Wisp can be helpful here, but it will take careful predicting for it to make a difference. Perhaps running a counter to Marsh on the team will help.

Conclusion:
Overall, I believe Gira-O is a formidable partner for Electric-Arceus to have, countering several of the real threats that could be posed to the latter Pokémon. While it is not a perfect solution, it is certainly enough in my opinion to catch an unsuspecting Ultra Necrozma or Mray off guard and then to finish it off with Dragon Pulse.

Let me know what you all think! :) (I haven't done one of these before, so I hope this sounds alright.)
You can't choose your item on giratina-o, it has to have a griseous orb to change form.

Reserving dragonceus.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Well, shit lol My bad.

Also, I'd like to apologize because I did not see see your reservation, Winkata, until just now. I had been working on this throughout the day, and I didn't refresh, so I missed that.

Damn, I liked my idea a lot too. :P

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

What Pogre does for eleceus:
- Wears down Pdon with CM and Ice Beam. This allows Eleceus to set up CM later and sweep as it'll be weak enough for Eleceus to take it out with Ice Beam at +1.
- Is able to nuke Ferrothorn with CM and Spout, something that would cause Eleceus a lot of trouble.
- Is able to also nuke Chansey/Blissey, which is another thing that can stop CM Eleceus in its tracks.
- Provides a very nice Groundceus switch in if Groundceus comes in on an unboosted Eleceus or if Eleceus is weakned slightly. It can then fire off an Ice Beam to weaken Pdon or just do a ton of damage with O Pulse.

What Eleceus does for Pogre:
- Mainly acts as a one time switch in to a Dragon Ascent from Mega Rayquaza, which is able to OHKO Pogre as it's running little HP and no defence investment. Using it repeatedly may be risky as it could be DD or suffer from a good predict if it's banded Mega Rayquaza.
- Can also help chip Pdon with Ice Beam, not as much as Pogre can do for Eleceus though.

Calcs:
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 159-188 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 250-295 (71 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Heavy Rain: 360-424 (56 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Heavy Rain: 451-532 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 102-120 (27.8 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Electric: 153-181 (40.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Arceus-Electric Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 72-85 (17.8 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO (pretty sad calc)
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Electric Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 107-127 (26.4 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Last edited:

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Defog

Giratina deals with Primal Groudon, Defensive Dusk Mane, Ferrothorn and Groundceus which are the biggest threats to CM Eleceus. Giratina has amazing bulk which allows it to consistently beat Groudon & defensive Dusk Mane. Double Status is to status stuff & Defog keeps the rocks/spikes off the field. Thanks to Pressure, you can actually outstall Stealth Rock/Spikes with Defog which is pretty cool. Rest is the only recovery it has but its arguably better then recover/roost on a mon like this. I think it'd be an amazing mon to pair with eleceus.

Apparently I started off with quite a hard one so my bad, hopefully next week will be easier...

Reserving Tapu Koko

View attachment 188007
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

The obligatory Tapu Koko partner. This double electric type partnership acts more for boosting Arceus-Electric more than the two playing off one another. Its moreso suited for offense teams but this match goes beyond just boosting the power of Eleceus's electric moves.

The benefits of Tapu Koko
- 1.5x power of stab moves, enables Eleceus to do substantially more damage to bulky mons such as support arc formes. Also enables Eleceus to function as a fast breaker against support arc formes not named Arceus-Ground.
- Protection from sleep, everyone knows how annoying smeargle is, Koko acts as an exemplary lead against smeargle teams, blocking nuzzle, spore, and hazard/bp setup via typing + electric terrain.
- Screens which ease setup for arceus-electric as well as adding to its bulk when already setup to improve its longevity as a sweeper.
- Taunt can prevent Arceus-electric from being toxiced or even phased while setting up.

Calculations
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Electric Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy in Electric Terrain: 519-612 (116.8 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy in Electric Terrain: 237-280 (53.3 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Electric Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 302-356 (86 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Electric through Reflect: 170-201 (38.2 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Electric Terrain: 385-454 (114.9 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Zap Plate Arceus-Electric Judgment vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Electric Terrain: 424-499 (97.4 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

View attachment 187956

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

What Pogre does for eleceus:
- Wears down Pdon with CM and Ice Beam. This allows Eleceus to set up CM later and sweep as it'll be weak enough for Eleceus to take it out with Ice Beam at +1.
- Is able to nuke Ferrothorn with CM and Spout, something that would cause Eleceus a lot of trouble.
- Is able to also nuke Chansey/Blissey, which is another thing that can stop CM Eleceus in its tracks.
- Provides a very nice Groundceus switch in if Groundceus comes in on an unboosted Eleceus or if Eleceus is weakned slightly. It can then fire off an Ice Beam to weaken Pdon or just do a ton of damage with O Pulse.

What Eleceus does for Pogre:
- Mainly acts as a one time switch in to a Dragon Ascent from Mega Rayquaza, which is able to OHKO Pogre as it's running little HP and no defence investment. Using it repeatedly may be risky as it could be DD or suffer from a good predict if it's banded Mega Rayquaza.
- Can also help chip Pdon with Ice Beam, not as much as Pogre can do for Eleceus though.

Calcs:
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 159-188 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 250-295 (71 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Heavy Rain: 360-424 (56 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Heavy Rain: 451-532 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 102-120 (27.8 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Electric: 153-181 (40.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Arceus-Electric Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 72-85 (17.8 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO (pretty sad calc)
+1 252 SpA Arceus-Electric Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 107-127 (26.4 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Defog

Giratina deals with Primal Groudon, Defensive Dusk Mane, Ferrothorn and Groundceus which are the biggest threats to CM Eleceus. Giratina has amazing bulk which allows it to consistently beat Groudon & defensive Dusk Mane. Double Status is to status stuff & Defog keeps the rocks/spikes off the field. Thanks to Pressure, you can actually outstall Stealth Rock/Spikes with Defog which is pretty cool. Rest is the only recovery it has but its arguably better then recover/roost on a mon like this. I think it'd be an amazing mon to pair with eleceus.

My Vote will be going to cromagnet42 because Koko + Arc Elec sounds broken

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
reserving gothitelle

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Taunt
- Confide
- Rest
- Charm

Gothitelle basically checks/traps every supportceus that can bother MMX. It also traps Choice Scarf Xern and Rayquaza and also Yveltal if its locked into Oblivion Wing or anything thats not Dark Pulse. The set itself is pretty straight forward, Charm traps the physical threats like defensive Dusk Mane without Z move or Swords Dance, Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Scarf Rayquaza and many more while Confide traps the special ones like your standard supportceus, Scarf Xern etc etc. Taunt is to prevent status/hazards/phasing from Ferrothorn/Skarmory/Celesteela/Lugia/Supportceus/whatever and Rest is to ensure recovery.
MMX in return acts as a set up sweeper as well as a revenge killer which makes our core not extremely passive. After Gothitelle traps the MMX check, our mewtwo is pretty free to set up and sweep/damage the opposing team. I honestly think that these 2 mons go pretty hand in hand.

Last edited:
Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Roar

ttar makes a good pair with mmx for two main reasons: one, it acts as a dragon ascent switch in and can potentially then pursuit and chip damage off Mega Rayquaza so that MMX will be able to KO it next time Mega Rayquaza comes in (unless it is scarf, in which case it is possible to bring tar in again and finish off Mega Rayquaza). Secondly, tar is able to pursuit Mega Gengar out of the game which is important as it means you don't have to rely on a speedtie with zen headbutt to beat Mega Gengar. Other things it can do is act as an Yveltal switch in which would otherwise be annoying for mmx and chip it with sandstream, and it can also soft check Ultra necrozma with shuca berry which is important as this mmx set lacks coverage to be able to deal with ultra necrozma. Furthermore, tyranitar can remove a choice locked or defensive lunala which would also prohibit mmx from sweeping the opponent.

mmx doesn't really do much for ttar it's more the other way around, but notable things are that it is able to remove bulky cm darkceus which ttar can only roar out, so in a last mon situation it would be very handy to have mmx. mmx is not able to switch in safely to arceus dark so is not a cm darkceus check at all, which would be tar's job. Being able to threaten cm arcs such as steel and rock is also beneficial as ttar is unable to deal with these cm arc forms.

Last edited:
reserving dusk mane

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers/Solganium-Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

MMX hates the fairies, especially support fairyceus, so dusk-mane can just switch in on it and wall it all day long. It also sets rocks up and spreads toxic around, which helps chipping everything down for a late-game MMX sweep. In return, MMX can potentially lure in darkceus which annoys dusk-mane and take it out with a low kick. It can't switch directly into it though since judgment does a ton (I would personally use recover instead of sub on this set tbh, then you can switch on cm refresh sets and scare them out while recovering any damage you took). Oh, and I suppose dusk-mane is really helpful against some psyspam stuff which destroy MMX.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)