Unofficial Metagames AG Hazardless with Greninja

1561309239814.png
1561309239814.png
1561309252931.png
1561309268780.png
1561309278920.png
1561309288636.png

Intro:
I can't really think of one. I peaked at 1736 in the AG Ladder? This team is an edit of a Gen 6 team I made. No hazards, since I couldn't really fit it into the game, but its still works. I know this isn't optimal.

Greninja @ Safety Goggles / Icium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Haze
- Hydro Pump / Spikes
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
The obvious question - why Greninja? Greninja fufills a few roles that I needed for the team. With Haze and Safety Goggles, it completely counters Smeargle not running Lovely Kiss. It provides a fast Haze for CM Arceus/Minimize users, and blocks Vivillion's Sleep Powder too. And what it does most in my games, be sacked in order for a Ditto counter sweep. Greninja is the lead, unless the opposing team has Ferrothorn - where it U-Turns or attacks Ray. Greninja is chosen over Crobat (who is faster and has Super Fang and Taunt) mainly for a threatening Ice Beam - which hits Zygarde and Rayquaza well and chips Groudon leads. It is also a Dark type (at base) in order to switch into Psychic moves and stop Prankster.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Calm Mind
The teams main Primal Groudon counter. 24+ Speed allows Arceus to outspeed Groudon, Lando, and 307 Arceus. Its defense EVs allow Arceus to take up to 50% from Precipce Blades, meaning Arceus can reliably Recover spam. Rest of EVs are put into SpA in order to threaten SpD Groudon. Ice Beam is chosen since the team is still weak to Zygarde and Mega Ray. That makes it a secondary check to pretty much everything the other Arceus checks. It sets up on Groudon and Necrozma-DM with Calm Mind and does major damage from there.

1561309239814.png

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
Originally Giratina-O fit this slot to offensively threaten Marshadow and Defog, but a defensive 'Mon who could threaten Rest Zygarde was needed much more. Fairy is chosen due being a great anti-meta type. This set's more defensive spread makes it a better switchin to Marshadow, who revenge kills this hazardless team's sweepers easily. It can also handle other physical attackers like Mega Ray. Due to the other members of this team, Toxic from here is the most reliable way of dealing with Kyorge.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 236 Atk / 120 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
Double Dance Groudon at its finest. Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Deoxys-Speed at +2, which I'm paranoid enough to care about. Main switchin to Geomancy Xern who hasn't been weakened yet. Dual Dance gives me flexability versus certain teams, Rock Polishing on Marshadow and Necrozma-Ultra and Swords Dancing on Stall. Earthquake is used over PBlades since Ditto can often revenge at 0 and Arceus-Ground is better at Ground trades. Fire Punch knocks out Celesteelia which is still a big problem for the team.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
Mega Ray, the AG King, is used in this team in order to break walls. Enough has been said about Rayquaza. This set is Lum Berry for 2 reasons: In order to not be worn in Stall matches and to set up on Toxic users. Extreme Speed provides revenge killing if Ditto nededs to be saved and Earthquake helps with Steel types wanting to switch in (and doesn't lower defense for other Rays to ESpeed back).

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform
Ditto is even better in AG. Ditto is a relic from Gen 6, but it actually checks anything that boosts speed (and Necrozma-Ultra, and Hyper Offense). Its also effective in countersweeping, potentially giving the team an effective second MRay or PDon. Ditto also works even with hazards on the field, which Arceus-Fairy can't always stop. Most importantly, Ditto prevents Stall from winning, as it has infinite PP and can provide moves this team would need like Heal Bell and Toxic.

Checks to the Team:
  • Sash (Marshadow): I can't tell if Marshadow is Sash or Life Orb until it attacks, and it makes using Ditto much harder then it needs to be. Sash Marshadow is effective in preventing 3 of my breakers from setting up, though as long as Arceus-Fairy is still alive it won't be too much trouble. Other sash users (non Smeargle leads and Deo-A) are similarly hard to deal with, and can get through Arceus easier.
  • SpA Groudon: Arceus-Ground is the main check to Groudon, and Fire Blast means this team has no switchin.
  • Primal Kyorge: Origin Pulse / Thunder / Ice Beam just about threatens every member on this team, and nothing on this team can really threaten defensive sets. If not running Thunder (or if it sets up CM), Ditto can take care of it, but most of the time heavy prediction is used to prevent SE attacks.
  • Stuff faster than Greninja: Ditto is required to revenge 'Mons like Necrozma-Ultra without taking a huge hit,. In Ultra's case Ditto loses without prior chip or a dragon move.
  • EKiller Arceus: This team can't do well against Ghost Arceus due to a lack of Marshadow, relying on correct Shadow Force / Ditto predictions. 2+ CM Arceus give this team some trouble with the frail Greninja used to haze them.
  • Ho-Oh: Without Rocks or Stone Edge, Ho-Oh walls much of the team, but can be played around with Ditto.
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Greninja @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Haze
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Last edited:
View attachment 182101View attachment 182101View attachment 182103View attachment 182104View attachment 182105View attachment 182106
Intro:
I can't really think of one. I peaked at 1736 in the AG Ladder? This team is an edit of a Gen 6 team I made. No hazards, since I couldn't really fit it into the game, but its still works. I know this isn't optimal.
View attachment 182103
Greninja @ Safety Goggles / Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Haze
- Hydro Pump / Spikes
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
The obvious question - why Greninja? Greninja fufills a few roles that I needed for the team. With Haze and Safety Goggles, it completely counters Smeargle not running Lovely Kiss. It provides a fast Haze for CM Arceus/Minimize users, and blocks Vivillion's Sleep Powder too. And what it does most in my games, be sacked in order for a Ditto counter sweep. Greninja is the lead, unless the opposing team has Ferrothorn - where it U-Turns or attacks Ray. Greninja is chosen over Crobat (who is faster and has Super Fang and Taunt) mainly for a threatening Ice Beam - which hits Zygarde and Rayquaza well and chips Groudon leads. It is also a Dark type (at base) in order to switch into Psychic moves and stop Prankster.

View attachment 182101
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Calm Mind
The teams main Primal Groudon counter. 24+ Speed allows Arceus to outspeed Groudon, Lando, and 307 Arceus. Its defense EVs allow Arceus to take up to 50% from Precipce Blades, meaning Arceus can reliably Recover spam. Rest of EVs are put into SpA in order to threaten SpD Groudon. Ice Beam is chosen since the team is still weak to Zygarde and Mega Ray. That makes it a secondary check to pretty much everything the other Arceus checks. It sets up on Groudon and Necrozma-DM with Calm Mind and does major damage from there.

View attachment 182101
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
Originally Giratina-O fit this slot to offensively threaten Marshadow and Defog, but a defensive 'Mon who could threaten Rest Zygarde was needed much more. Fairy is chosen due being a great anti-meta type. This set's more defensive spread makes it a better switchin to Marshadow, who revenge kills this hazardless team's sweepers easily. It can also handle other physical attackers like Mega Ray. Due to the other members of this team, Toxic from here is the most reliable way of dealing with Kyorge.

View attachment 182104
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
Double Dance Groudon at its finest. Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Deoxys-Speed at +2, which I'm paranoid enough to care about. Main switchin to Geomancy Xern who hasn't been weakened yet. Dual Dance gives me flexability versus certain teams, Rock Polishing on Marshadow and Necrozma-Ultra and Swords Dancing on Stall. Earthquake is used over PBlades since Ditto can often revenge at 0 and Arceus-Ground is better at Ground trades. Fire Punch knocks out Celesteelia which is still a big problem for the team.

View attachment 182105
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
Mega Ray, the AG King, is used in this team in order to break walls. Enough has been said about Rayquaza. This set is Lum Berry for 2 reasons: In order to not be worn in Stall matches and to set up on Toxic users. Extreme Speed provides revenge killing if Ditto nededs to be saved and Earthquake helps with Steel types wanting to switch in (and doesn't lower defense for other Rays to ESpeed back).

View attachment 182106
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
Ditto is even better in AG. Ditto is a relic from Gen 6, but it actually checks anything that boosts speed (and Necrozma-Ultra, and Hyper Offense). Its also effective in countersweeping, potentially giving the team an effective second MRay or PDon. Ditto also works even with hazards on the field, which Arceus-Fairy can't always stop. Most importantly, Ditto prevents Stall from winning, as it has infinite PP and can provide moves this team would need like Heal Bell and Toxic.

Checks to the Team:
  • Sash (Marshadow): I can't tell if Marshadow is Sash or Life Orb until it attacks, and it makes using Ditto much harder then it needs to be. Sash Marshadow is effective in preventing 3 of my breakers from setting up, though as long as Arceus-Fairy is still alive it won't be too much trouble. Other sash users (non Smeargle leads and Deo-A) are similarly hard to deal with, and can get through Arceus easier.
  • SpA Groudon: Arceus-Ground is the main check to Groudon, and Fire Blast means this team has no switchin.
  • Primal Kyorge: Origin Pulse / Thunder / Ice Beam just about threatens every member on this team, and nothing on this team can really threaten defensive sets. If not running Thunder (or if it sets up CM), Ditto can take care of it, but most of the time heavy prediction is used to prevent SE attacks.
  • Stuff faster than Greninja: Ditto is required to revenge 'Mons like Necrozma-Ultra without taking a huge hit,. In Ultra's case Ditto loses without prior chip or a dragon move.
  • EKiller Arceus: This team can't do well against Ghost Arceus due to a lack of Marshadow, relying on correct Shadow Force / Ditto predictions. 2+ CM Arceus give this team some trouble with the frail Greninja used to haze them.
  • Ho-Oh: Without Rocks or Stone Edge, Ho-Oh walls much of the team, but can be played around with Ditto.
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Greninja @ Safety Goggles
Timid Nature
- Haze
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
Pretty good team, but just some set suggestions.
Spikes aren't super good in this meta, mainly because of the ubiquity of Flying-type defoggers, and if you only get one layer up - which can be a common occurrence due to Greninja not being difficult to force out - it's not really a big deal. I'd personally run TSpikes over Spikes, it's much more threatening and requires immediate attention unlike Spikes. Definitely a superior option to Hydro Pump.
Why run Def EVs on Groundceus to beat PDon when you can run 252 SpA/4 SpDef/252 Spe Timid? You already oneshot PDon, and now you have the ability to outspeed non-scarf MRay and kill with Ice Beam.
Run 240 HP/252 Def/16 Spe Bold on Fairyceus so you can outspeed 252 Spe base 90s.
You could probably go for 252 Atk/100 SpDef/156 Spe on PDon, so you can get max attack and also outspeed 252 base Necro-DM. Also run PBlades over EQ. You get some notable benchmarks such as OHKOing Supportceus forms that run less than 252/68 Def Evs, and PDon is bulky enough to tank a hit if you miss. Also run Stone Edge > Fire Punch so you can take on Ho-oh, and if you do this go V-create > EQ on MRay so you can beat Celesteela.
Change Lum Berry to LO, no need for Lum Berry in Gen 7.
I do think this team is quite strong however. Good job on it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)