Resource AG General Information and Simple Questions Thread (READ ME)

The evidence just as much suggests to the fact that there will never be a cartridge legal format in which you can see Arceus fighting Calyrex, yet here we are.
None of the evidence we have currently goes against Calyrex and arceus existing together. First of all I would like to say that pokemon being overpowered does not have any role in making them cartridge legal. If you can get eternamax eternatus legally in any pokemon game which is not single player it can very well be used in the anything goes meta. However it is a confirmed fact that using 2 mega evolutions in the same team is not possible. Basically while making the National Dex metagame they cannot go against any established fact no matter how it affects the metagame.

The evidence just as much suggests to the fact that there will never be a cartridge legal format in which you can see Arceus fighting Calyrex, yet here we are.
That may be true, but like come on. Who wouldn’t want a game where you can use all Pokémon and all gimmicks? And NatDex AG was extremely necessary prior to Pokemon HOME because there were only 3 legendaries and quite frankly it wasn’t fun. It wasn’t AG as we knew it before. So we had to improvise and create the next best thing.

That may be true, but like come on. Who wouldn’t want a game where you can use all Pokémon and all gimmicks? And NatDex AG was extremely necessary prior to Pokemon HOME because there were only 3 legendaries and quite frankly it wasn’t fun. It wasn’t AG as we knew it before. So we had to improvise and create the next best thing.
Well I mean that's exactly the point I've been trying to make. It would be just another fun gimmick to be able to use Mega Pinsir+Mega Lucario on one team, and there's no logical reason as to why we shouldn't.

Well I mean that's exactly the point I've been trying to make. It would be just another fun gimmick to be able to use Mega Pinsir+Mega Lucario on one team, and there's no logical reason as to why we shouldn't.
Well I tried outlining the logical reason why we shouldn’t. But if you want a meta like that you’re unfortunately not going to get it here. I know I’m not a mod or a very relevant community member but I do know what I’m talking about, and as long as Pokémon doesn’t introduce a game where you can use multiple Megas legitimately, it won’t be implemented into NatDex AG.

What are some things I need when building an AG team? Here is my current team:

Kyurem-White @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Fusion Flare
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost

Tyranitar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Iron Head

Ferrothorn (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Body Press

Lugia @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Aeroblast
- Toxic

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Dragon Rush
- Earthquake

Rotom-Mow @ White Herb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Serious Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

So what do I need? I also have a trick room team:

Mimikyu (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Disguise
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Psychic

Calyrex-Ice @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Adamant Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Glacial Lance
- Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt
- High Horsepower

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Gigantamax: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Punch
- High Horsepower
- Superpower

Hatterene @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Poltergeist
- Stone Edge

So any edits to my existing teams? And when building more teams what do I need?

Does anyone have ideas how to optimize this team? I find it working decently but I feel it could be better as I don't much understand the strats other than haha entry hazards go brrrr.

ZipZapZop (Tapu Koko) @ Wiki Berry Ability: Electric Surge EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe IVs: 0 Atk - Volt Switch - Dazzling Gleam - Discharge - Thunder Wave

M1 Abrams (Nidoking) @ Black Sludge Ability: Poison Point Shiny: Yes EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def Adamant Nature - Earthquake - Toxic - Toxic Spikes - Stealth Rock

Kaiju (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers Ability: Sand Stream EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def Brave Nature - Crunch - Earthquake - Rock Polish - Rock Blast

Give Up Lol (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers Ability: Iron Barbs EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Spe - Leech Seed - Gyro Ball - Stealth Rock - Spikes

Shadowfax (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Leftovers Ability: As One (Spectrier) EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 80 SpD / 80 Spe IVs: 0 Atk - Astral Barrage - Calm Mind - Psychic - Shadow Ball

Pompeii (Volcanion) @ Heavy-Duty Boots Ability: Water Absorb EVs: 96 HP / 80 Def / 252 SpA / 80 SpD - Flamethrower - Flame Charge - Liquidation - Steam Eruption

Can you put endeavor on any pokemon?
Just started today and a lot of moves are illegal.
Edit:nvm was trying to put it on Shedinja lel

Can you put endeavor on any pokemon?
Just started today and a lot of moves are illegal.
Edit:nvm was trying to put it on Shedinja lel
Anything Goes means you can use anything that's legitimately obtainable in a real copy of SwSh. If you want to put endeavor on whatever Pokemon you want, you can play Sketchmons, Pure Hackmons, or Balanced Hackmons.

Hi, I only recently started getting into the competitive side of pokemon, but I've already grown highly fond of it, and the Anything Goes meta is easily one of my favorites. I do have one question though: is there a reason that AG only exists in the form of single battles and not also in the form of doubles? I'm a huge fan of double battles and the cool dynamics they introduce to team building and strategy, and the idea of an AG double battle is nothing short of heaven to me, lol. I've tried to read as much as i can before posting this, but if there are any sorts of restrictions involved that render ag doubles unrealistic or inexecutable then I apologize for this little wall of text, lol (I also hope I'm understanding the rules correctly in asking this here, cause it's past midnight rn for me and words are starting to look nonsensical to me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)