SS OU Aegislash/Keldeo Focus with amazing defensive core

Alright my first post and the first OU team I've made in litteral months. This actually started as a nat dex team, bu,t I felt it better translated to OU and it did. With it so far I've gone from bottom to around 1500, which is really good for me. I'd love any advice and feedback and let's get into the actual team.

Sierra Leon (Aegislash) @ Choice Band

Ability: Stance Change

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Shadow Claw

- Shadow Sneak

- Close Combat

- Iron Head

Choosing Aegislash's set actually took a while. I wanted it offensive, I want to keep it offensive and it was a matter of banded or specs for me. Having keld already as a special attacker, I decided on this. Close Combat O'KO's most ferrothorns I've faced, Iron Head I think actually all clefables as long as Band is still on ofc. Also with it still being so bulky when it switches in, it has alot of viability against the tapus. Next up Keldeo.

Thinkin Bout You (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Justified

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Hydro Pump

- Scald

- Secret Sword

- Flip Turn

I hate what keldo has become since Gen 5 but it's still fun. Running 3 water moves sucks and I'm willing to switch that/this mon out. In the nat dex version this was actually waterium. Now it's strong, good predictions let's you fire off just so much free damage, and Scald is so strong to just press. But it is very limited in what it can do. The best part about it I actually think, is it's speed teir. I think it's amazing really. It's amazing for cleanups after everything this chipped and that's what makes this mon so great in this team.

Sauvignon Blanc (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers

Ability: Storm Drain

EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 4 SpA / 200 SpD

Calm Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Recover

- Scald

- Earth Power

- Toxic

This is the first half of what I think is an extremely strong extremely underrated defensive core. In nat dex it's great but even in OU it can just be so strong. There's so much it just flat-out walls. Helps against things like Zapdos, Blaceph, (some) Buzwole, Urshifu, Volcanion, and a whole rain match up. I absolutely love this mon and it has so much utility, and so much going well for it.

Birb (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD

Impish Nature

- U-turn

- Brave Bird

- Roost

- Defog

The classic birb. Gastrodon and Corviknight go so well together. Whatever one can't deal with the other one probably can. Of course this is the defogger, defensive core. I went with this over something like Tornadus, or Zapdos, because I just feel it's just better. It has some more bulk to it, and has a better match up against Weevile. Also against Bisharp (although that's still a huge threat for the team), and physical Dragapult. It's also great for pivoting too although it's actually faster than most other Corvs and other pivot mons too.

Waka (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Plasma Fists

- Knock Off

- Volt Switch

- Close Combat

Zeraora was just so needed. Great pivot of course. Great for the defensive birds, great for steel types after some chip. It's very versatile for the team. An electric switch in and pivot. It also has an amazing speed teir, love it being faster than Dragapult; but also its faster than Dracozolt and Arctovish in hail. That was great for the match up and to sidenote the team has done amazing against weather teams. Maybe the biggest threat of weather was sand (didn't encounter much sun which I feel could for sure be threatening), and that's not really saying much. It's a great mon, very solid.

Pink matter (Clefable) @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 4 SpA / 68 SpD

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Protect

- Wish

- Flamethrower

- Moonblast

Ok finally the last mon. Clefable was the reason I switched the team from nat dex to OU. I had a Mega Lopunny here and sure it was fine. But the team needed a cleric just soooooooo bad. I also couldn't find another space to fit a mega in so it became an OU team. I felt I gave it up too easy to Ferrothorn so I put Flamethrower on it. And following a similar line of thought it was previously calm mind Clef. It just seemed too weak to me, opportunities to set up were hard and hard to come by. Wish protect was amazing for acting a a cleric and it has decent walling ability. It's Clefable it's a a good mon use it.

Notes:

Ik I have no rocks I'm just not sure we're to put them honestly and I've just been rocking without them. Protect isn't necessary at all for Gastrodon but good to have. Clefable in this case falls under 4 move syndrome for me. Also the unique ev spreads aren't really calced I just like for my defensive mons to have a little of both defenses. Also my biggest note is that, the team seriously seems to be 6-0 or die. Like things fall apart pretty easily. Doesn't see to be a whole lot of "backup" options

Threats:

Pex is a big threat. If it's mixed defensive it's probly the toughest wall to break. It's not impossible from the team, I've realized, but tedious and for sure difficult.

Bisharp is honestly a little bit terrifying banded and double dance are the hardest things to deal with. At face value it's not the biggest threat but I can pop off.

I really don't belive there are alot of immediate threats I feel it's pretty solid. Of course can probably be much better though.

To conclude: Any thoughts/upgrades are encouraged and welcome, (even any suggestions to make this a better Nat dex team) I would seriously appreciate it and I'm proud of what it is.

Paste: https://pokepast.es/d1c93d2d14d6e513

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)