Status
Not open for further replies.

sleid

vagabond
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1699846242392.png

ADV Grand Slam Art by Kolohe

:rs/Deoxys-Attack: ADV Grand Slam Standings :rs/Glalie:

This is a standard ADV PU tournament that is apart of the ADV Grand Slam.
See the ADV PU metagame thread for more information and resources, such as sample teams and viability rankings.
This tournament is single elimination.
Rounds will be best-of-3. Players may switch teams in between rounds and battles of the same set.
Matches will be played on Pokémon Showdown.
Replays must be saved and posted in the thread. Any match win reported without replays will not be counted. This is your only warning.
General tournament rules and regulations can be found here. A scheduling guide can be found here.

REMINDER: Baton Pass is banned, but has not yet been implemented. Using it will result in an instant loss of that game. Please use the challenge code below.
/challenge gen3pu @@@ -Baton Pass

Round 4 - Proof
MrSoup  vs  Heysup
Lily  vs  Aurist
Beleth  vs  LpZ
plznostep  vs  Banbadoro
sleid  vs  Slowbroth
SergioRules  vs  Shepherd Of Souls

Deadline for this round is Sunday, November 19th @ 11:59 PM GMT -5.

Last edited:

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to those of you who have made it this far! You've earned a vote in our Baton Pass re-vote, expect a private message either on Discord or in your Smogon messages from me this week with a link to a Google form regarding your opinion on Baton Pass

For transparency we're going to have a few options, I haven't fully made all the specifics but my main ideas now are as follows.
1) Keep BP banned
2) Reinstate old Clause (one passer, can't pass Speed and other stats)
3) Allow dry pass with only one user (Pokemon can't have BP and a stat boosting move, pinch berries and Substitute would still technically be legal)
4) Allow dry pass with multiple users (the thought is that Baton Pass chains won't be able to happen even with multiple users on a team because you won't be able to manually raise stats)

There's a potential that we may have an option to make a change that would allow stat boosting moves and Baton Pass can exist on the same set but Baton Pass will not be able to be selected if the Pokemon has stat boosts (ie. Sd Mawile can either set up to sweep or Baton Pass out but cannot pass the +2 boost) but I would prefer an option that was determined in the team builder/validator, not in the game itself.

also contacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)