OU ADV OverUsed Ladder Achievements

vapicuno

你的价值比自己想象中的所有还要低。我却早已解脱,享受幸福
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Only claiming silver brave, ability, and knowledge. But more posting this to inspire people to meet ladder goals with fun and cool teams! I performed this run from 1366 to 1641 with this swellow team, going 20-1 in this run.

Sadly, I lost en route to 1650 against an endgame mon I completely didn't expect - gg whoever you are!

1666964549013.png

Screenshot taken before dropping in final game
1666964575661.png

1641_c_.png

1620_c_.png

1608_c_.png

1600_c_.png

1592_c_.png

1574_c_.png

1565_c_.png

1556_c_.png

1535_c_.png

1520_c_.png

1504_c_.png

1493_c_.png

1477_c_.png

1507_c.png

1486_c.png

1478_c.png

1462_c.png

1441_c.png

1422_c.png

1398_c.png

1391c.png

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Guts Bronze, pokemon being Vaporeon Porygon2 and Raikou
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1698185865
To be honest you saved fewer replays than I would have wished all around (unless you have them in private), but why not for this time :smogduck:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1698622348-e8d6xqasfotw0ieo9ch0no0apmtz0ijpw
I also believe the above replay qualifies for both "Taken By Storm" and "Surgical Strike", so Silver Luck.
Surgical Strike is okay because I think you could have won with Jira alone at that point, but if they did not forfeit you would not have KOd all 6 Pokémon at turn 15 so I'll only count it for Bronze Luck.

claiming monotype on monotypicalanti
here was the last replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1699668004

https://pokepast.es/0c8c2b1661201088 i primarily used this monowater that also satisfies the bl requirement from 1000-1350ish and then again 1350ish to 1550. My replays were all public that could be, so please let me know if you'd like to see them. I got stymied a lot during the run, so i tried out abr's monoflying and monopsy teams that don't satisfy the requirement for a few games, so there are some of those replays in there too. Please let me know if that's too much and I'll get to 1550 with a three BL team.

Attachments

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Bronze Spirit with water type. It was very fun losing instantly to HP Grass zap. 50% of my wins were cro-cune sweeps. I hate blissey.

I think I'll try for silver with water, and also see whats the worst type I can hit bronze with.

Also, I saved a few battles but they are html so I can't attach them.
Two replays is a bit too little for me as evidence of only using Monotype over 50 games, so you will have to find a way to share the html ones or try again, sorry :psysad:

Oh Replay scouter only saved a few of my games, that's weird. I wonder if it has like an update delay, all these games were in the past few days.

No worries, 1200 with mono-water was not that difficult. I'll do a different type and save the replays as links.

Teclis

PS Admin
Hello everyone! To go straight to the point, I'll be passing on the torch to johnnyg2 here. I don't have as much free time as I used to anymore, and it is better for me to hand over the thread to someone who will be able to keep going in the future. The OP has been given to him, and to anyone who is looking for someone to reach out to moving forward, you now know who!

I have long considered the ADV ladder to be close to the best on PS (its main competitor being the current generation Random Battle one in my eyes). It is fairly active, see more overlap between tournaments legends and ladder heroes than in anywhere else, and has developped its own quirks, memes and culture to a remarkable extent by Pokémon's standards for an old format. See why I wanted to make something to celebrate it? Ladder achievements threads are nothing new, but looking at the usual format (which you can see here for the CG OU thread), I did not feel like I wanted to keep track of gimmicks like B1 Too Much Choice: Use a team with 6 Pokemon having a Choice item. (!showteam required) (no jab here - it's just about confessing that this thread's format was made out of my own convenience). Instead, I thought about making it a bit more RPish with the Emerald Battle Frontier Symbols, which limited it to 7 categories with gradual scales to allow players at all levels to have a chance at getting their achievements recorded. After a bit of discussion with fellow ADVers, everything was figured out and the thread went up.

It has seen its bit of success so far. Witnessing M Dragon's crazy ladder performance which set a record for the ages in elo, Mead shooting down the 4 Lucks achievements in a single battle, more Monotype teams being seen on the ladder than ever before, and a stellar win streak by W3K who came out of nowhere to conquer the Tactics achievement with a huge margin before being one-upped by johnnyg2, but commendable regardless. Ever better, this format was adapted across all classic generations (plus ORAS!) by other contributors, with sixfold the number of great ladder performances alongside. I'm really glad, and perhaps even a bit proud it took off so well.

A lot has already happened here, and I'm sure there is plenty yet to come. Time for me to enjoy it purely as a spectator. Cheers! :sphearical:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)