OU ADV OverUsed Ladder Achievements

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
hi! Sorry but your opponent only had an elo of 1000, meaning you do not qualify for Surgical Strike with this match.

• The opponent beaten must have at least 1400 elo. Your own elo does not matter.
Also adding a new rule as a patch to a loophole created by the existence of this thread: for the Luck challenges, the opponents beaten must also have teams of 6 Pokémon. Practical: if you are, say, beating ABR's two Pokémon team (while he is trying to get Surgical Strike) in less than 16 turns, you will not qualify for Taken By Storm.

While at it, reformulating "Forfeits and time-outs will only be counted if the opponent has 2 or less Pokemon remaining" into "Forfeits and time-outs will only be counted if the opponent was at an extreme disadvantage/had no chance of winning the match at that point, up to my appreciation"; if someone forfeits because you set-up, DD Mence is going to kill their remaining three Pokémon (or because they are facing a Marowak at +1000 in Attack/Speed), there is no reason not to make the match count in the challenge.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I hope I am doing everything right. Right now I am basically only playing gen 3 ou and today I managed to reach 1642 elo that translates to rank 2.
I have read the rules of the thread so I will be offering proof that right.
Screenshot_4.png

Edit 1: I also want to point out that I reached this elo playing exclusively the same team and that yesterday I won a gen 3 ou tournament of 24 players (I will add screenshot) playing this team for all the tournament except the final where I changed it since by this point everybody was spectating me. All this being considered, I wish to say that I consider my team very solid and I wonder if there is a way to post it in the gen 3 ou sample teams section (here: https://www.smogon.com/roa/?format=gen3ou). I know that not everybody can just randomly have his or her team posted there, so if I don't meet the requirements tell me what I can do. Please understand that this is literally my first post and that I don't know the forum very well, so I might break some rules or do mistakes.
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-07 at 20.32.07.jpeg

Edit 2: I know that I still haven't showed you what team I am using, but I will do that only if I am asked. If, for example, I don't meet the requirements to post my team there is no point in showing it off now.

Last edited:

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
As an extra challenge: the first person to hit 1900 on the ADV OU ladder by May 31st (23:59 GMT) will be awarded $50 by Zacpz (as well as all the glory that comes from setting a record that seems very unlikely to be beaten in the future). To whoever manages to do so, you can post here for confirmation...or even if you manage to beat the current record of 1829 by M Dragon.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion

Attachments

Teclis

PS Admin
platinum knowledge at last, also I couldve sworn I edited this into my last post so not sure if it counts anymore but gold ability as well

as for the luck challenges
surgical strike: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1560432064-3afxqf9ombon0bd4lsm2dm350nbu91upw
taken by storm: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1560493666-065g4dtax05rp9l2vlesyys3tsf0ehnpw
Platinum Knowledge is good; Gold Ability however I can't count as per:

1. Past performances will not be counted; any submission needs to be verifiable on the server (by checking at the rank, WL and such) at the moment they are posted.
- sorry. Surgical Strike works; Ardorin's last could have broken your Substitute but I don't see him not losing to Medicham otherwise (illustrated by the forfeit). Taken by storm is all good as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)