OU ADV OverUsed Ladder Achievements

:RS/Tyranitar: ADV OverUsed Ladder Achievements :RS/Skarmory:

:moltres: :charizard: :camerupt: :jolteon: :zapdos: :jirachi: :celebi: :flygon: :tyranitar: :breloom: :swampert: :salamence: :gyarados: :heracross: :metagross: :starmie: :cloyster: :weezing: :gengar: :suicune:

Hello everyone! Welcome to the ADV OverUsed ladder achievements thread. Its goal is to record the various performances of the gen3ou ladder enthusiasts, as well as to propose extra challenges to animate things a little bit.

:metagross: Rules :metagross:
  1. All battles must take place on the gen3ou ladder on Showdown.​
  2. Please give proof that you completed the challenge to validate your achievement (mostly, screenshots of the rating reached/you owning the account a la Suspect Test).​
  3. You can get several achievements from the same battle/account, and you are generally encourage to post them by batch to avoid flooding the thread if you are chaining them up. I'll like your post once I've taken it into account.​
  4. Achievements can be submitted in PM to me if you want the account you used to remain inconspicuous; I will be posting them in the thread (giving your Smogon username) myself. Please only do it as little as possible though; it's less fun.
  5. Past performances will not be counted; any submission needs to be verifiable on the server (by checking at the rank, WL and such) at the moment they are posted. FOR SEASON TWO, ACCOUNTS MUST BE STARTED ON OR AFTER DEC 11, 2023, NO EXCEPTIONS!
  6. Any Platinum achiever in Ability, Knowledge and Tactics can submit a new record beyond the Platinum standard that will be displayed in the table's first line. Please send me a private message on Smogon or Discord (Johnnyg2) for more specifics regarding how to submit the proofs as you go further and further.
  7. Naturally, don't try to cheat, i.e by submitting an achievement with an account that's not yours and yours alone. If you are caught doing so, you might get exposed and made fun of.
  8. Challenges' specifics might be subject to balance changes over time (increasing or lowering their difficulties); if that happens, achievements will be adjusted when possible.
  9. A Custom Avatar is available for everyone who completes all the platinum achievements!
I would like to introduce new Season Metrics! After some feedback from season 1, I wanted to make some of these harder, some easier for the best ladder in Pokemon Showdown! I have bolded the new metrics and completely redid the Luck Achievements.

:tyranitar: Metrics challenges :tyranitar:
FOR SEASON TWO, ACCOUNTS MUST BE STARTED ON OR AFTER DEC 11, 2023, NO EXCEPTIONS!

Brave Achievement

Ability Achievement

Knowledge Achievement

Tactics Achievement
Reach a certain rank!​
Get a certain GXE!*​
Reach a certain elo!​
Achieve a certain win streak!**​
Platinum: Top 1
Gold: Top 5
Silver: Top 10
Bronze: Top 100​
Platinum: 86
Gold: 83
Silver: 80
Bronze: 75​
Platinum: 1800
Gold: 1750
Silver: 1650
Bronze: 1500​
Platinum: 25
Gold: 20
Silver: 18
Bronze: 15​

*your Glicko's confidence interval (i.e 1886 ± 43) must be below 51 (50 or less) to make sure your GXE is representative enough of your skill.
** I'm only taking X-0 WL records on screenshots, so if you are aiming for this you should reset your count after every loss | do not relaunch a game before I've liked your post (= validated the achievement). or, if you do, don't lose :P

:camerupt: Fun challenges :camerupt:

Spirits Achievement

Guts Achievement

Luck Achievement
Feel like a Gym Leader?
Reach a certain elo with a Monotype team!​
Who uses top tiers?
Reach a certain elo with borderline Pokémon!​
Lucky or good?
Try those tricky challenges!​
Platinum: 1600
Gold: 1500
Silver: 1400
Bronze: 1300
Platinum: 1650
Gold: 1550
Silver: 1450
Bronze:1350
Platinum: 8 Luck Challenges complete.
Gold: 6 LCs complete.
Silver: 4 LCs complete.
Bronze: 2 LCs complete.​
Only use teams with
Pokémon that share a common type.​
Only use teams with at least three
Pokémon that are UUBL (or in a lower tier).​
See below for details.​

• The Luck Achievement is made of eight different challenges you can complete in any order. All of them require you to have a particular performance in a single match, which means replays are required to validate them. Those are an exception to the PM option in rule 4; all of them have to be posted in the thread for fun's sake. There are a couple extra conditions to not make them too easy to clear:
    • The opponent beaten must have at least 1500 elo. Your own elo does not matter.
    • The opponent must be using 6 Pokémon teams.
    • Forfeits and time-outs will only be counted if the opponent was at an extreme disadvantage/had no chance of winning the match at that point.

• Those Luck Challenges (LCs) are the following:
    • KABOOM!: Win a battle after using Self-Destruct or Explosion 5 times.
    • Death by a 1000 Cuts: Win a battle only using passive damage (Spikes, Sand, status, leech seed, etc. Damage dealing moves are banned. Team can have damage dealing moves as long as they're unused).
    • STABless: Your team members must not have STAB affected moves. Confirm with !showteam
    • Guacamole: Win a game with the following team: https://pokepast.es/48bbf5a03db29901. (Note I forgot exploud was banned, I added another Pokemon instead). No adjustments can be made, confirm with !showteam
    • The Sweepage Special: Win a battle where you announce in the chat what action you will take next turn, each turn (the name of the move you are going to use or of the Pokémon you are going to switch into).
    • Not So Weak: Win a battle using a team with all EVs at 0. (using !showteam is required at the end of the match; you need to put a single EV point in a stat on each of your Pokemon for the team to be valid)
    • Taken By Storm: Win a battle KOing the 6 opposing Pokémon by Turn 15.
    • Surgical Strike: Win a battle only sending out three Pokémon or less.

:tyranitar: Metrics challenges :tyranitar:

Brave Achievement

Ability Achievement

Knowledge Achievement

Tactics Achievement
Reach a certain rank!​
Get a certain GXE!*​
Reach a certain elo!​
Achieve a certain win streak!**​
Platinum: Top 1
Gold: Top 3
Silver: Top 10
Bronze: Top 100​
Platinum: 88
Gold: 85
Silver: 80
Bronze: 75​
Platinum: 1700
Gold: 1650
Silver: 1600
Bronze: 1500​
Platinum: 30
Gold: 25
Silver: 20
Bronze: 15​

*your Glicko's confidence interval (i.e 1886 ± 43) must be below 51 (50 or less) to make sure your GXE is representative enough of your skill.
** I'm only taking X-0 WL records on screenshots, so if you are aiming for this you should reset your count after every loss | do not relaunch a game before I've liked your post (= validated the achievement). or, if you do, don't lose :P

:camerupt: Fun challenges :camerupt:

Spirits Achievement

Guts Achievement

Luck Achievement
Feel like a Gym Leader?
Reach a certain elo with a Monotype team!​
Who uses top tiers?
Reach a certain elo with borderline Pokémon!​
Lucky or good?
Try those tricky challenges!​
Platinum: 1500
Gold: 1400
Silver: 1300
Bronze: 1200​
Platinum: 1550
Gold: 1450
Silver: 1350
Bronze: 1250​
Platinum: 4 Luck Challenges complete.
Gold: 3 LCs complete.
Silver: 2 LCs complete.
Bronze: 1 LCs complete.​
Only use teams with
Pokémon that share a common type.​
Only use teams with at least three
Pokémon that are UUBL (or in a lower tier).​
See below for details.​

• The Luck Achievement is made of four different challenges you can complete in any order. All of them require you to have a particular performance in a single match, which means replays are required to validate them. Those are an exception to the PM option in rule 4; all of them have to be posted in the thread for fun's sake. There are a couple extra conditions to not make them too easy to clear:
    • The opponent beaten must have at least 1400 elo. Your own elo does not matter.
    • The opponent must be using 6 Pokémon teams.
    • Forfeits and time-outs will only be counted if the opponent was at an extreme disadvantage/had no chance of winning the match at that point.

• Those Luck Challenges (LCs) are the following:
    • Surgical Strike: Win a battle only sending out three Pokémon or less.
    • The Sweepage Special: Win a battle where you announce in the chat what action you will take next turn, each turn (the name of the move you are going to use or of the Pokémon you are going to switch into).
    • Not So Weak: Win a battle using a team with all EVs at 0. (using !showteam is required at the end of the match; you need to put a single EV point in a stat on each of your Pokemon for the team to be valid)
    • Taken By Storm: Win a battle KOing the 6 opposing Pokémon by Turn 15.

Those who conclude all challenges will be awarded this Custom Avatar:
1668545891187.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Achievements

Brave Achievement

Ability Achievement

Knowledge Achievement

Tactics Achievement
All-time Record
:unown-x:
M Dragon - 94​
Kerts 1933​
johnnyg2 - 51​
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Spirits Achievement

Guts Achievement

Luck Achievement
All-time Record
Underlying - 1612​
Pesce5667 - 1861​
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Achievements

Brave Achievement

Ability Achievement

Knowledge Achievement

Tactics Achievement
All-time Record
M Dragon - 94​
Kerts 1933​
johnnyg2 - 51​
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that the week for spl is over, I'm posting for the platinum achievements of 1700+ and top the ladder for teamaqua124.

These were recorded on Thursday, so I'm not sure if i decayed below 1700, but I can get back up if you'd like.

shout out to kerts who got about 100 pts off of me during the late stages

EDIT: I got back up to 1700 and got 88% GXE in the last screenshot

Attachments

Last edited:

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm adding a quick poll at the top regarding the validation modalities for the Spirits and Guts challenges. It will remain open for a couple days, so if you are interested in all this (which I assume you are if you are checking this thread), don't hesitate to vote!

The idea is to have some kind of safeguard against people trying to score those achievements having laddered w ZapDugTTarLoomJiraCune:
  • option 1: have people ladder with prefixed accounts (a la ladder tournaments), which is the case now. you would only be using such an account if you are trying to do a particular achievement, meaning that if you are meeting someone with this prefix and they see you trying to cheat on that it's likely you will be exposed. good incentive not to cheat & typically what has been done in similar settings across the Showdown community.
  • option 2: have people ladder on whatever (fresh account) they want and be ready to submit a decent chunk of replays of their run to me in PM for verification's sake if I think it's needed. it has the advantage of not forcing people to use prefix and thus lose in surprise effect (it's hard to have to play Monotype in the first place and ever harder if your opponent knows you are doing so t0), but provides a bit less control.
2 looks somewhat more practical to me but I prefer polling it to try to make it more objective. Cheers! :psyglad:

edit - majority seems to be in favor of option 2, so thats what we will be rolling with moving forward.

Last edited:

Attachments

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
A change to the Luck challenge:
  • Not So Weak: Win a battle using a team with all EVs at 0 and all IVs at 0. (using !showteam is required at the end of the match; you need to put a single EV point in a stat on each of your Pokemon for the team to be valid)
Adding IVs decreases the difficulty a little bit both due to the boost in stats & the fact you can now use Hidden Power(s). This should now lean closer to the right side of the challenging - frustrating balance those challenges aim to maintain. Having said that, massive congratulations to johnnyg2 for having cleared the original version:swole:

And a precision:
Probably the hardest of them all, might be nerfed later if it ends being too hard.
e: this aged badly ^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)