Gen 3 ADV OU Weather Removal Team (First Time Posting)

There is actually 2 different teams but only difference is There is moltres instead of calydol and moltres allows suicune to run roar on his set :

First Team :

1. Zapdos
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunder Wave
- Roar

This set is the classic offansive set and it lets me start of the game in the spot I want. Because this is a Weather Removal Team I really want the Tyranitar gone so it doesn't gets up the sand over and over again. I have a dugtrio with this zapdos so I just use thunderbolt of the rip then ttar can use rock slide and based on the damage ı can a little tell what set it runs like if it runs choice band. That damage with tbolt lets dugtrio to trap the ttar and kill it with eq.

2.Dugtrio

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Bug]
This is a classic CB Dugtrio and it lets me remove ttar and more threats like normally. I really dont have a lot of explanation for this dugtrio. But I can say that it is really useful to remove or at least chip the mons that usually stops snorlax and suicune. And it really helps in a lot of situations.

3.Calydol or Moltres

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 32 SpA / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Psychic
- Explosion

I use claydol to remove spikes and Explode on some threats to chip them into dugtrio range. And its psychic typing lets it take some hits aimed at snorlax.

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day

This is a moltres set just to reset the weather. İt threatens steel types really well That causes problem to my snorlax. Like skarmory. İt WoW pokemons to decrease the power of physical moves which olso helps my snorlax.

4.Brellom
Breloom @ Choice Band
Ability: Effect Spore
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Brick Break
- Mach Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

This is a CB Brellom. And I really really like it it Kos skarmory with focus punch most of the time and kills the DD tar with priority of mach punch Again most of the time brick break is a middle ground to hit reliable damage and hidden power ghost to hit gengar.

5.Snorlax
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 144 HP / 96 Atk / 132 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Return
- Shadow Ball

This is a classic CurseLax a monster outside of sand Which is the biggest reason that I came up with this team. This things sweeps teams without a second thought when it is the last mon alive I have won multiable games with this snorlax. it is just so good outside of the crippling effects of sandstorm.

6.Suicune
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Rest
- Ice Beam/Rain Dance

This is also a monster outside of sand. With its immense bulk it can take a lot of physical hits and can take special hits when it boosts up. I like ice beam to kill celebi and other ice weak pokemon but you guys can use Roar too. The rain dance is when you dont have a moltres.

The First Team
https://pokepast.es/6f501ac22ba7242b

The Second Team
https://pokepast.es/51a32eb1c8658d6a

1. My english is not very good I am sorry Guys.
2. İn the pokepastes I wrote SS OU instead of ADV OU sorry for that too.
3. I really liked thsi style of team but this is one of the first ones I built so if its not good Let me know whats wrong.
4. I am glad you looked at my post :)

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Hey, nice team! I'm not the most experienced ADV player but I feel confident enough to make some suggestions.
Firstly, I'd recommend a CB Heracross over Breloom. Heracross has quite a few advantages with choice band, namely access to megahorn and rock slide to threaten things like Celebi, Claydol, and Salamence, as well as being faster and bulkier. A set like the one below should work fine, you could also use focus punch over brick break or hp ghost to maintain that super hard hit on Skarmory.
Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Hidden Power: Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
If you do want to keep using Breloom, it 100% needs to have spore. Sleep is a very powerful status in ADV, and following it up with a stab focus punch is a lot of what makes Breloom so threatening. I think this set would be best, Jolly is usually preferred over Adamant since outspeeding every Tyranitar as well as slow varients of base 100s helps more than the extra power. You could also have mach punch over hp ghost, but then you're helpless against Gengar since you have no pursuit, and Gengar is the Breloom check on a lot of teams.
Breloom @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Sky Uppercut
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
Lastly I just have some small EV tweaks. Dugtrio should have 4 defense EVs instead of HP so that it always lives +1 (so DD or CB) adamant Tyranitar rock slide from full health. Bold Suicune should have 16 speed EVs so that it always outspeeds Jolly Marowak and Adamant Machamp. Seems unnecessary since those two are rare, but considering they both do about 40-50% with their stabs you'll be glad on the occasion you do fight them, and the bulk difference is miniscule against everything else.
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

Small suggestion: Snorlax gets a lot of power from curse and so it does not need the extra power from return to deal out KOs, switch it to the usual body slam. Your snorlax is 100% walled by ttaR so I like that you added breloom to deal with it.

If you do want to keep using Breloom, it 100% needs to have spore. Sleep is a very powerful status in ADV, and following it up with a stab focus punch is a lot of what makes Breloom so threatening. I think this set would be best, Jolly is usually preferred over Adamant since outspeeding every Tyranitar as well as slow varients of base 100s helps more than the extra power. You could also have mach punch over hp ghost, but then you're helpless against Gengar since you have no pursuit, and Gengar is the Breloom check on a lot of teams.
Breloom @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Sky Uppercut
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
I need to agree on that, Breloom need to have Spores. Spore + Focus Punch is the best combo, just to be sure you can also teach Substitute.
Another move Breloom is able to learn is Leech Seed, it can be very usefull sometimes.
And I like the most this Hidden Power Ghost, because Ghost type is a comun switch against Breloom since it imunity a Focus Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)