Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast

Standard MixMence set with the sole purpose of muscling past mons such as Celebi, bulky Tyranitar and Gengar. I treated this mon as the coverage glue that enables every other party member to establish offensive pressure from the aggressive switches I can set up with this. Alternatively, this is a safer switch against Skarmory and Forretress running ground type coverage that could otherwise put Magneton at risk, especially if it is in my best interests to keep it alive for poisoning key mons such as Blissey and Celebi.

Magneton @ Magnet
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Toxic

In spite of Salamence already having coverage against Steel types, Magneton is still highly effective at trapping them and denting them with HP Fire. Likewise, this is a guaranteed check against Skarmory that my team would otherwise not have if I had no trapper available. Furthermore, Magneton is my only Toxic setter which would force switches from common defensive mons such as Celebi and Blissey, which can survive MixMence Brick Break and will often switch out to take advantage of Natural Cure, giving me the chance to trap potentially high value mons such as physical wall breakers and special walls with Dugtrio.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Spikes
- Taunt

Offensive Skarmory is being used over a standard set to better function as a suicide lead that can deny opposing spikes while also denting Magneton that attempt to trap it with HP Ground. The opportunity cost of not being able to use it as a defensive pivot against powerful physical attackers is mitigated by the switches that the rest of my team can force to better make use of Spikes. Skarmory with this set is intended to pressure from turn 1 instead of provide defensive support as I determined my team operated more like a hyper offense as I continuously tested this core.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Def / 144 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Self-Destruct
- Shadow Ball
- Body Slam

A utility set was chosen to round out the physical pressure options that this team would need to shut down integral wall breakers or setup mons through paralysis fishing, and Self-Destruct is valuable as a nuke against every mon that does not resist it. This Snorlax set also had the benefit of having an answer to Gengar, as well as potentially serving as a Gengar lure if they think Snorlax did not bring Shadow Ball. It serves its purpose as a means of patching up potential physical wall breaking woes the team my face while also functioning as a pivot into special attackers to preserve the health of the frailer party members for when they may be needed later.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Offensive Suicune is a functional special wall breaker, a phazer and a special sweeper that can clean up teams after its threats are addressed. Due to its utility in every stage of a typical match, it serves many purposes, all of which follow the design philosophy of the team which was to maintain offensive pressure even as I switch between mons to set up a play. It handles defensive water types well and can prevent other Calm Mind users from setting up, while also taking advantage of Roar to put key mons into kill range with Spikes. The versatility of this mon seems difficult to match, given the needs of this team.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

Dugtrio is a revenge killer and useful trapper that lets me isolate key mons such as Blissey for a kill, greatly assisting both Suicune and Salamence in piling up damage and outspeeding +1 Dragon Dance Tyranitar as a last resort revenge kill option. Being able to trap key mons such as Jirachi, Starmie and other fast mons is especially important as all of my other party members do not match the speed of them and some ADV OU threats hard check some of the mons in this team, so having a revenge killer and a trapper for either weakening or killing key mons is a must.

I originally developed this team specifically as just an offense team, but it ended up being more of a hyper offense comp over time. I am prioritizing suggestions changing the team to help the DragMag shell shine as much as possible. I tried to account for as many meta threats as possible, however I am new to team building so if I missed a blind spot please explain any suggestions you make in detail as I am ultimately trying to learn how to build a reliable team.

Thanks in advance.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
1. I feel that despite the team's name, most of the team members really don't benefit that much from Skarmory removal. MixMence and Suicune(at +1) can 2hko it, and Snorlax can damage it with Focus Punch(if you swap out earthquake). Your YOLOSkarm can just Taunt it and use it as spikes bait. I suggest removing Magneton(and replacing it with a rock resist).

2. Your team at the moment is lacking a sturdy rock resist. This means it's very difficult to switch into Choice Band Aerodactly and physical variants of Tyranitar(especially Bulky DD Tar, the kind that survives CB Dug EQ). I reccomend maybe adding an Offensive Swampert or MixMetagross in place of Magneton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)