Lower Tiers ADV Little Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: Is Zigzagoon as broken as people say?

Is Belly Drum+ES SOOO GOOOD that something with the attack stat of a Sunkern can get banned?

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Is Belly Drum+ES SOOO GOOOD that something with the attack stat of a Sunkern can get banned?
There are multiple problems with Zigzagoon, the first being that there are no good normal resists in the tier (besides larvitar which just dies to coverage), only immunities. The only ghost type that actually outspeeds Zig so it doesn't just die to coverage as well is Gastly, which leads into the second problem: it is incredibly overcentralizing. If teams don't have a CB gastly on their team, they just autolose to Zig. Additionally, because of no team preview, it can be relatively easy to hide a potential Zigzagoon and then bait out the Gastly so you just clean sweep later.

While Zigzagoon may not have the highest base attack stat, it has all the power it needs at +6 and all the coverage it could want to just dominate the tier. For just a comparison of how broken it was, we banned Zig just shortly after Chansey and Omanyte, two other obviously insanely broken mons.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

You also have to remember that stats are much more compressed at level 5 than at level 100, so even though it's comparably very low even by its peers unboosted (base 30 with positive nature and 252 EVs is 13, base 70 is 17), at +6 it's WAY higher comparatively.

does anybody know that how to get a Lv5 recyle porygon legally?
porygon can only lay eggs with ditto, in this way, recycle won't pass from father to his son.(only parents with same species able to pass)
so any other ideas?

Deleted User 108547

Banned deucer.
does anybody know that how to get a Lv5 recyle porygon legally?
porygon can only lay eggs with ditto, in this way, recycle won't pass from father to his son.(only parents with same species able to pass)
so any other ideas?
In fact, Porygon has no access to egg moves so the answer is no: there is no way to get a level 5 Porygon with Recycle, you will have to level it up to level 44 if you're playing under ADV games.

In fact, Porygon has no access to egg moves so the answer is no: there is no way to get a level 5 Porygon with Recycle, you will have to level it up to level 44 if you're playing under ADV games.
because i see that lots of people run recyle porygon in their LC team, just want make a check for this.
if a porygon without recyle, i think its rank would be much lower

What is the rationale behind Sitrus Berry being legal when it heals every mon in the tier fully for dropping below even just 50% HP, not even 25%.

It creates a queer metagame where you usually need to OHKO outright or 2HKO with rising power in order to faint things. It is in my opinion as far as I can see overly forgiving for the user and overly unforgiving for the opponent.

There's also Berry Juice which for the majority of the tier functions the same way. It doesn't make sense to me to allow these other than prolonging games, but in a strange way that doesn't compare in any other metagame.

Oran Berry of course fills the healing item role for Little Cup perfectly well, while not enabling most mons to make a full recovery from the brink of a KO. It is sufficiently forgiving for the user while not punishing the opposing mon for not being quite strong enough.

This is the way I see it. I simply have not seen the arguments in favor of Sitrus and Berry Juice being usable.

I think it should be obvious that mons that were not designed to be NFEs like Scyther and Chansey should be automatically excluded from Little Cup.

It'a not a matter of them being "broken", it's the matter of not even qualifying in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)