Pending Add "Quick Calcs" for random battles

Showdown username : Call me KH!

My suggestion revolves around improving the /rcalc command (or adding a new command for the described new feature)

I have noticed that it is quite slow to use rcalc when the calc you want to do is a simple one, not involving held items terrains ...etc. Which can be troublesome when playing high level games on timer.

I suggest making an alternative usage of rcalc that works in the following way

/rcalc <pokemon1> <move> <pokemon2> (or whatever syntax is deemed more convenient)

that would return the min and max damage rolls for pokemon 1 using move on pokemon2, gives randbats EVs and maxed out IVs. Not taking into account abilities (unless unique) and items/terrains ....etc

This command will be so convenient for randbats players needing to quickly know the range of a specific moves, and players will be able to infer a lot of other cases (for instance, if a max roll does 50%, the same with choice specs will do 75%). If the player does not feel like doing that, they can still use the full calcs as normal.

I feel adding this qould be a nice quality of life improvement for randbats players. And who knows, maybe that would make me actally use the calcs instead of always yoloing based on instinct?

We created a browser extension called Showdex that does this for you, but instead of using a command in chat, it literally displays the calc as a tab in Showdown :) it's in the Technical Projects form, you should check it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)