Pending Add an option to use HOME menu sprites

TheRealBigC

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pokemon Showdown still uses the 3DS menu sprites, and for newer gen mons these are fan-made. While there is nothing particularly wrong the 3DS menu sprites, and it's great that people continue to contribute fan-made for newer gen mons, it would be nice to have an option to use the HOME menu sprites instead of these 3DS ones. Personally (and I'm sure may others would agree), I think the HOME menu sprites look significantly nicer than their 3DS counterparts, and using these sprites would also alleviate an issue we had for a long time at the start of the generation where menu sprites had inconsistent art styles. I'm not sure how much work would be involved in getting this feature off the ground, but the HOME menu sprites can be found here: https://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:HOME_menu_sprites. This archive includes sprites of every currently existing Pokemon, as well as all their formes. Obviously this isn't a high-priority change, but it would be a nice quality of life option going forward. Thank you for your consideration.

003MS6.png
006MS6.png
009MS6.png

Menu_HOME_0003.png
Menu_HOME_0006.png
Menu_HOME_0009.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)