Data A Thought on Arenas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we have a compendium of arenas? I feel that this way, people can see how to make reasonable arenas by looking at how past arenas affected battles AND using some basic themed-or-otherwise arena plans as foundations.

I brought up the same idea in the data audit thread. I believe it falls into the category of "good ideas we'll never get around to because we've got like a million more important things to do right now." Which means if it's something you want to see done you should do the research and make a compendium yourself. If you do a good job people will use it.

I think this shows we could use a SQSA ASB edition.

I had the idea to make an arena predesign thread to at least adress the question of reasonable arenas-it has some support. Would anyone else like to participate?

I had the idea to make an arena predesign thread to at least adress the question of reasonable arenas-it has some support. Would anyone else like to participate?
Sure why not?

Won't that be a pretty long list, though? I mean, eventually it will be, since everyone can post whatever setting pops into their head.

Maybe we could have some someones decide if a new arena is substantially different from all the other arenas to deserve its place in the thread?

Well hopefully we can see how these first few battles and arena ideas turn out and how each pokemon adapts to them. I mean theres a lot to consider and a lot to try out.

Some thoughts atm:

1. Underwater pokefights
2. Effects of pokemon moves on the condition of arena, i.e. Earthquakes, Fires, Lightning Strikes, etc.
3. Lighting (low level lights favor Ground/Dark types [I want to test this out])
4. Sizing (small spaces vs. large spaces)
5. If in wild space how wild pokemon are affected: see FinnRagetti vs. TotalPotato reff'd by Kaxtar.

Those are the only ones that come to mind atm.

I actually have a decent idea on how this could be run more effectively. It would be more of a Hall of Fame than an actual 'stockpile,' but it would be much neater than everyone posting everything.
1) There would be a thread manager who mantains the thread.
2) Two other people form a kind of commitee with said thread manager.
3) After the end of a battle, people may PM the thread manager nominating the arena used.
4) If five people nominate the arena, the group of three would vote and if two agree to put it in the Hall of Fame, it enters.
5) Also, if one of the three nominates an arena, and the other two agree, the nominations stage can be disregarded, and the arena would enter.

Any feedback? I wouldn't implement the idea as is at the moment, or any idea, as we don't really know what an epic match or a great arena actually are yet. Also, we really have better things to do.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to make a brief post on this.

If you like someone's arena, keep track of it and re-use it. The game is still young so don't get too stressed about making comprehensive lists. Get some more battling experience and try to think of new arenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)